shape
carat
color
clarity

Lace-up style question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, BMs and I had our first shopping trip together for BM dresses. I was there to support, give comments, and generally help out (as there were 4 of us and only 1 salesperson). That''s all I really needed to do anyway, seeing as though I do have my gown already. HOWEVER......as the girls were winding down, I remembered I needed a proper bra to go with my gown so I quickly tried on one and then proceeded to wonder if the boning would be visible thru the satin or not (as some of my BMs dress choices showed the bra boning underneath).

My MOH suggested I try a similar dress on to test that theory out. I thought that was a nice idea and since I love Maggie gowns, I walked over and picked one up that looked very pretty.

Of course I LOVED IT. And I mean LOVED it. It was fantastic, perfect, and just gorgeous. My eyes watered as she put a viel on my head. As luck would have it, I am now considering getting this dress (Maggie''s Rebecca). I''ve been looking online for a possible deal on the gown and wondered just how flexible I could be on the sizing since it is a lace-up style?

The size 12 I tried on fit like a glove......but then again isn''t that what the corset style affords? A perfect up-top fit? The lacing in back goes as low as the top of my butt so I would even dare to say it tailors the waist fit as well. We took pics and in the 12, the laces in the back are not as close together as they are on Maggie''s model on her website, so I venture to think a 14 would allow the laces to tighten more. But a 10 wouldn''t be too small either as the privacy panel under the laces has plenty of extra fabric to spare if the lace ups were wider apart.

Does any of that make sense? Have you even gotten this far??? lol

So, what do we think? Can I search for a 10, 12, or 14.....thus increasing the chances of getting the Rebecca at a lower price?

E B

Ideal_Rock
How tall are you? If you''re shorter than 5''6.5'''', there''s a brand new size 14 Rebecca on ebay with a starting bid of $275:

Maggie Sottero Rebecca (ebay)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I am a Maggie bride, and I wear a street size 12,

and my "Maggie size" is a 10-

especially with the lace up back, which the salon told me you have to be careful not to get a too large size or the laces will be too close together and not look right (i.e. you want there to be some spread) .

I would suggest either going back to the salon, or another, and try one on, asking about the sizes.
If not, give Pearls Place or Jays Bridal a call (they are online stores with good deals, but are actually "brick and mortar" shops, so I believe you can get real customer service folks)

I found this older Maggie size chart online saying it applies to styles after 2005, if that helps at all, although I''m not sure if it''s the most recent.
http://www.perfect-bridesmaid-dresses.com/Maggie-Sottero-size-chart.html

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Ebree and Labbie, for your responses.

The lace up on my size 12 had very good "spread" but when I looked at the back view of the model on MS''s website, I felt like maybe the "spread" should be MUCH narrower. You can see in the pic below that there is barely 3 inches of space up at the widest part of her back. lol. I think because I saw the model, I''m thinking MY spacing was too wide.

Anyhow, I digress. I will ask the shop tomorrow about this.

Ebree: I am 5''8" and, yes, I found that listing and was SO saddened when I learned the length
7.gif
But thank you so very much for your research

S335back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results