shape
carat
color
clarity

Labor cost to set round diamond in a ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond 4 Ever

Rough_Rock
Does any one know what does it typically cost to have a 2 carat round diamond set in a platinum solitaire setting? I am planning to purchase the diamond on-line but don''t want the vendor to set it for me before I get a chance to have the loose stone appraised. Do you guys agree that I should get the loose diamond sent to me and have it set after I get it checked out? Please help with your opinions. Thanks.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A lot of appraisers will coordinate the setting too. then you can have
1. opinion on stone
2. off to setter
3. back for insurance appraisal
4. off to you

It saves a lot of shipping
1.gif

The cost is the cost. Few people will insure the diamond being set against damage. That is life.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamond 4 Ever,
I just went through this myself. I just got my finished e-ring this week and I had my stone and my setting sent to the independant appraiser of my choosing. My appraiser knows of a master setter who he works with who charges a very reasonable fee of $35 to set my RB solitare. I don't think the size of your stone will determine the cost of the setting- like Garry said, a setter's fees are her/his fees. My ring wasn't a complicated job and I had a special request to have the prongs on my setting aligned between the arrows in my H&A stone.

My appraiser did the appraisal of the loose stone first, then he sent out the setting and stone to the setter to get it set. Once finished, my appraiser appraised the finished ring and then shipped the ring out to me. I only had to pay for the shipping to get my stone to the appraiser and a second time when the finished ring was sent to me. Shipping with insurance from the east coast to get to me in the west coast was $45.

Good luck with the ring and don't forget to post pics here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results