shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Report s on 3 Tiffany Novo cushion stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roxie Bling

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone. I visited "the blue box" store today. The pictures of the Tiffany Novo from their website were very appealing, so I wanted to check them out for myself. My plan was to buy a Novo replica, but I wanted to at least see the real thing first. What can I say... they were nice? I was not blown away by the stones at all. I guess I expecting to feel a feeling of "if only", but the diamonds didn''t have the BAM factor I was expecting.. maybe my expectations were too hight? I do not have a trained eye, but just thought I would share my opinion.

And also share the lab reports on the 3 different stones I saw. I don''t think I am doing anything wrong by sharing this information as she printed them out and gave them to me to keep. So for the inquiring minds that want to know here we go:

Diamond 1: 1.50 cts
7.00 x 6.89 x 4.49
H, VVS2
Precision of Cut: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Depth: 65.2
Table: 67
Crown height: 15.1
Crown angle: 37.5
Pavillion depth: 46.6
Pavillion angle: 41.3
Cost: 25K

Diamond 2: 1.38
6.62 x 6.58 x 4.46
E, VS1
Polish: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Depth: 67.8
Table: 65
Crown height: 14.6
Crown angle: 35.9
Pavillion depth: 50
Pavillion angle: 42.4
Cost: 25K

Diamond 3: 1.31
6.67 x 6.49 x 4.23
F, VVS1
Polish: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Depth: 65.2
Table: 67
Crown height: 13.9
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavillion depth: 47
Pavillion angle: 41.1
Cost: 28.4K

Of those 3 my favorite was probably the 1.38. It seemed to have the best performance (not judging on whiteness, I didn''t seen any yellow in any of the stones). I also learned that I don''t have to go up to a 1.5 to be happy with carat size. I thought 1.3 (give or take) was plenty big enough for me. Trouble is I know 8 main cushion brilliants in the 1.25 - 1.49 range are hard to find (really in any range, but particularly in that size), not that I''d knock a 1.5.

Maybe with all the fervor over the chunky cuts of cushions, someone with an 8 main brilliant will decide they like that look better and turn theirs back in to Mark T at ERD, so I can have my crack at it. I have yet to see a chunky in person myself. Maybe if I did I would fall in love with it as much as others here have.

I''ve gotten great help from this forum, so I just wanted to give back because I have seen a few questions asking about Novo specs as I have searched through past and current Novo related posts. Hope this helps someone.

Roxie Bling

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry, meant to post this in Rocky Talk Forum. I will repost there if moderators want to delete from SMTR.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results