shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab OEC Band?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hey All,

Alright, now that I have officially purchased my Natural Diamond upgrade (currently being set by DK), I have no funds left for a Natural Diamond Band, lol! I blew the budget with the upgrade BIG TIME! I was thinking about a full eternity, but it's probably more than I want to spend, and I also want to dip my toes slowly into the lab world. Anyone have a vendor they recommend? Thinking about J/K color OEC's, .30 maybe a 5-7 stone. I have reached out to DK about this project already and hoping to get some other options. I don't want Moissanites, as I am not a fan of them. I would love to keep this project under $750 if possible. I am in no rush either, so not opposed to working with someone overseas.

Thanks so much!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Yay on your upgrade! How fun!

I'm not a full blown expert here, but for $750 you're asking for a lot. Custom settings alone on a 5-stone from a reputable US jeweler will cost you more than that.

Also, the bulk of labs are modern cuts in the D-H range. There's something about the lab process that makes whiter stones more common - not sure if they're simply producing more bc of the market, but J/K's aren't easy to find. I've read that pricing on those stones reflects their scarcity.

I've read good things about Starsgem and Tianyu gems, two Chinese companies, on other threads. Tanya's prices are higher, but the quality has a decent reputation. I think there are some threads on Show Me the Bling bc those companies do a lot of moissy work, too. Good luck and will be watching this thread!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
No way you can do that for $750. The setting alone will cost more than that. I would maybe buy a ready made lab band for now and start saving up to create the final project with natural OEC since j/k lab OECs will be super hard to find anyways.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You are looking for .30 for each stone? I don't see that happening with lab diamonds.

Why not just save up and do the band you want later? Do a plain band for now and get what you actually want moving ahead?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are looking for .30 for each stone? I don't see that happening with lab diamonds.

Why not just save up and do the band you want later? Do a plain band for now and get what you actually want moving ahead?

I agree. I've found that I usually end up "wasting" money on the piece that wasn't quite what I wanted and later getting what I wanted in the first place.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I've found that I usually end up "wasting" money on the piece that wasn't quite what I wanted and later getting what I wanted in the first place.

I have done this so many times now... it is better for me in the long run.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I have done this so many times now... it is better for me in the long run.

Thanks so much, Everyone. I think I am getting ahead of myself... just being impulsive. I think I will just wait for my upgrade, enjoy her, and then save up and get what I really want, and just have David do it. I think I can get what I want (labwise) from David by by almost tripling the budget, but in the grand scheme of things and how much I have already spent- it seems silly to cut corners now.

Anyone here part of the impulsive camp?! Lol!! And I appreciate you all sharing your own experience, it helps put things into perspective.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful suggestion! I saw this and liked it quite a bit! I had reached out to Ouros, and I would need to have warmer labs cut, increasing the cost... I think it was a tall order and just waiting and having DK do is probably my best bet.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have ordered a 1.57 heart cut lab diamond from a Chinese vendor. I’m satisfied with the diamond and she was easy to communicate with. This is her IG page:

She makes any kind of jewelry and you can use Alibaba for payment and buyer protection. Maybe worth to ask for a quote.

She quoted last time for a 2.5 mm width round lab diamond band with VS/VVS stones size 5.25 USD 390.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think this review of a band is relevant, because it's near the price point you are thinking about.

Only you can make the decision on what you prefer to do though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results