shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab earring help

lucythedog

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I see there is a sale this weekend at Ritani, and I've been planning to purchase new diamond studs for a while! I know that I want 2cttw or slightly bigger. I have an older pair that do not sparkle at all (sentimental though). I'm looking for something very sparkly! Can anyone suggest diamonds that would be sparkly? I can't figure out how to Judge the cut when they say ideal. Thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does this one look good for example?

That one has blue nuance and potential leakage.

How about these?

TooManyChoices

Rough_Rock
My fiancé got me 1.2 ctw recently and they sparkle like crazy - turns out they are from Alex Park so you may want to reach out to him to see what he has available. I recently emailed him about tennis bracelets and received a quick reply!

lucythedog

Rough_Rock
That one has blue nuance and potential leakage.

How about these?

Thank you, Kim N!! For comparison, is there a slightly smaller stone that has a better cut that you see? Would you opt for smaller and better cut vs these 2? I really appreciate your thoughts! I went to a local jeweler yesterday to see sizes, and the options were very very slim.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
My fiancé got me 1.2 ctw recently and they sparkle like crazy - turns out they are from Alex Park so you may want to reach out to him to see what he has available. I recently emailed him about tennis bracelets and received a quick reply!
I have 2CT lab diamond earrings I purchased from Alex Park and had set by David Klass.
IMG_9821.jpeg

Not intentionally hijacking the lab diamond thread…but wanted to share I have a 3 carat lab diamond bracelet I purchased from Alex Park listed up on LoupeTroop if you are interested. The reason I am considering selling the bracelet is that E-VVS2 ideal lab diamonds are too white and sparkly in comparison to my J colored natural solitaire and near colorless marquise eternity band.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I see there is a sale this weekend at Ritani, and I've been planning to purchase new diamond studs for a while! I know that I want 2cttw or slightly bigger. I have an older pair that do not sparkle at all (sentimental though). I'm looking for something very sparkly! Can anyone suggest diamonds that would be sparkly? I can't figure out how to Judge the cut when they say ideal. Thank you!

i received a text this weekend that Lightbox is having a 30% off sale.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Just be careful when/if you buy from Lightbox. I'm under the impression that you can't choose your exact stone and that they just sell you a stone based on carat weight. If that's the case, then you could very easily get a stone which doesn't perform well. If I'm incorrect, someone please chime in. I haven't purchased from Lightbox myself.

The stones @Kim N picked out are approx 6.7ish mm in diameter. A 1ct stone is approx 6.5mm in diameter. You can see a difference at .2mm, but is it significant for you? I only ask bc that's a very nice pair that she found, and matching stones is tricky.

But I also have a touch of OCD and can *completely* relate if you really want to hit a very particular diameter! :lol:

lucythedog

Rough_Rock
Oooh, good to know! I totally trust Kim N based on all of her helpful posts! I only worry that I’ve tried 2ctw and not bigger, so just don’t want them to look too big in my ear!

lucythedog

Rough_Rock

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please, as we love photos! And yay for your upcoming sparkly studs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results