shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Diamond from Stargems

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
Hi this is my first posting here, please help this newbee :D

I did a custom replika ring with stargems using 2mm lab diamond. The problem is it looks very dark.
They said its because the setting are closed and didn't let any light go through.
Is it true? Or their lab diamond are just bad cut? At first I thought they made a mistake and giving me moissy, but they assure me 3 times that it was their EF VS VVS Lab diamond. And I cannot find any bad review on their lab diamond soo... but again it was the darkest diamond I've ever had. They still sparkle though, just dark/not sparkly white.

Thanksss!!!!

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-02 at 13.39.15.jpeg

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
Bump? Help?
I want to buy their 1ct lab grown but if this melee is bad cut I wouldn't trust their big one.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of PSers have been happy with Lightbox lab grown 1ct diamonds. You can often find them on sale at Bloomingdale's and you can reset the 1cts into other settings!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Am I misunderstanding something? Thought the issue was with band containing the 2mm diamonds.

If so, then some of them do look a bit dark which I would attribute to poor proportions and angles, assuming these are full cut, which they appear to be.

May be a bit of a chore to find vetted and confirmed ideal to super ideal cuts at this carat weight and spread size.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Am I misunderstanding something? Thought the issue was with band containing the 2mm diamonds.

If so, then some of them do look a bit dark which I would attribute to poor proportions and angles, assuming these are full cut, which they appear to be.

May be a bit of a chore to find vetted and confirmed ideal to super ideal cuts at this carat weight and spread size.

The OP bumped the thread because they wanted to get a 1 ct from the same vendor….
Bump? Help?
I want to buy their 1ct lab grown but if this melee is bad cut I wouldn't trust their big one.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The OP bumped the thread because they wanted to get a 1 ct from the same vendor….

Ah, so I did miss something. I was going off if the very first post instead of the second one. Thank you for clarifying!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommend Tianyu over starsgem when considering chinese lab diamond vendors. I got a small lab diamond band from SG that was good but not great. All my purchases from Tianyu have been amazing.

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock

thanks a lot your information is very helpful. I am no expert so I'm not sure if this is a bad cut diamond or just because of closed setting since they really have good review everywhere on their melee. Wont buy their lab diamond again then thankss

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
I recommend Tianyu over starsgem when considering chinese lab diamond vendors. I got a small lab diamond band from SG that was good but not great. All my purchases from Tianyu have been amazing.

Tianyu price is much higher, more than what I'm willing to pay. Well I guess I get what I pay. No complaint on SG setting though!

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
Lots of PSers have been happy with Lightbox lab grown 1ct diamonds. You can often find them on sale at Bloomingdale's and you can reset the 1cts into other settings!

I wish!!! they cannot ship to where I live.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tianyu price is much higher, more than what I'm willing to pay. Well I guess I get what I pay. No complaint on SG setting though!

In my view you get what you pay for from Tianyu.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Hi this is my first posting here, please help this newbee :D

I did a custom replika ring with stargems using 2mm lab diamond. The problem is it looks very dark.
They said its because the setting are closed and didn't let any light go through.
Is it true? Or their lab diamond are just bad cut? At first I thought they made a mistake and giving me moissy, but they assure me 3 times that it was their EF VS VVS Lab diamond. And I cannot find any bad review on their lab diamond soo... but again it was the darkest diamond I've ever had. They still sparkle though, just dark/not sparkly white.

Thanksss!!!!

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-02 at 13.39.15.jpeg

I'm no expert, but it could be true what they said about the closed design. The stones look like they are deep set, with light not able to enter from any angle except straight down through the table.

I have 2 rings from them with lab diamond pave (one is 1.5mm , other 1.8mm) and both sparkle beautifully, so I don't know that it would be a cut problem unless you got a bad batch?

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert, but it could be true what they said about the closed design. The stones look like they are deep set, with light not able to enter from any angle except straight down through the table.

I have 2 rings from them with lab diamond pave (one is 1.5mm , other 1.8mm) and both sparkle beautifully, so I don't know that it would be a cut problem unless you got a bad batch?

That's why I asked here because I'm not sure if it's setting problem or really a bad cut diamonds. I'm not sure about bad batch as I've asked 3x and they assure me it was their best melee. Sigh now I'm not sure what to do as I still have so many project for them..

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never purchased from them before, but when I asked if they could use ideal cut lab melee, their response was that they use round brilliant diamonds. :rolleyes: It's almost as if they've never heard of cut quality.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not sure your price range, but I’ve purchased from Clean Origin and I’m happy with the MMDs I’ve got from them. They also have a generous 100 day return policy. Like others have said, it’s worth exploring other vendors.

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
I’m not sure your price range, but I’ve purchased from Clean Origin and I’m happy with the MMDs I’ve got from them. They also have a generous 100 day return policy. Like others have said, it’s worth exploring other vendors.

Thanksss I will!! Such a pity, I do love their gold work.

Newgirl87

Rough_Rock
I have never purchased from them before, but when I asked if they could use ideal cut lab melee, their response was that they use round brilliant diamonds. :rolleyes: It's almost as if they've never heard of cut quality.

LOL I do believe they didn't know about cut, Just color and clarity as they cut using machine and same measurement each time. I'm very curious why all their reviews (on another forum) are good though.

dabrain230

Rough_Rock

Sorry for hijacking this but I was wondering if there is any way I could reach out to you with questions regarding projects with Tianyu as I am considering to work with them too

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
They're very big on Reddit, especially their moissanite. But the pics I've seen of their stones are just eh.
Personally, I wouldn't buy from them. You get what you pay for regardless of natural, lab or with them, even moissanite.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock

Hi @lovedogs can you share how you contacted Tianyu? Via their salesperson’s WhatsApp? Or via their website. Thank you

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
Hi @lovedogs can you share how you contacted Tianyu? Via their salesperson’s WhatsApp? Or via their website. Thank you

It’s easiest to reach them via WhatsApp in my experience. You also have to keep in mind the time difference - they might take longer to respond than a local vendor, depending on what time it is for them when you reach out.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have several jewelry pieces from Tianyu. My contact person is Ella, and you can contact Tianyu on Alibaba.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results