shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Diamond Certificate - Review or Thoughts?

diamondinterested

Rough_Rock
LG341866752.jpg

Hello all! I am about to purchase a lab grown diamond for an engagement ring. I have been researching for months and think that I have found the perfect diamond to buy. I have attached the IGI certificate for it and would like to know if anyone finds anything about the diamond to be concerning!

This is a 2.79 ideal cut Round diamond. E color, VS1. Price is $15,000.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• LG341866752.pdf
    405.9 KB · Views: 115
  • LG341866752.pdf
    405.9 KB · Views: 70

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG341866752.jpg

Hello all! I am about to purchase a lab grown diamond for an engagement ring. I have been researching for months and think that I have found the perfect diamond to buy. I have attached the IGI certificate for it and would like to know if anyone finds anything about the diamond to be concerning!

This is a 2.79 ideal cut Round diamond. E color, VS1. Price is $15,000.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance!
If you have it on hold, please can you post a link to the listing?

Not all of us like clicking on downloadable attachments on the internet, 'just in case' ;-) lol

My initial feeling, based on the picture and details alone, is that it looks nicely cut :) and even taking into account that IGI may be a little lenient on their colour grading, an E should be very white, whether it's a GIA E or F or even G!

Is it possible to get an ASETscope image, so you can analyse the cutting accuracy? (I appreciate there may be a similar image on the grading report that I've not seen yet.)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload_2019-1-16_13-20-14.png
Also @OoohShiny - I cannot get aset images.
No ASET being available is not very helpful!

If you do decide you want to purchase it, you could always buy your own ASETscope to enable you to review the stone fully :)

The angles look promising, though, but the HCA tool under the Tools tab at the top of the page will confirm if they are - I can't get my phone to play ball so have a go yourself and post back! :)

diamondinterested

Rough_Rock
No ASET being available is not very helpful!

If you do decide you want to purchase it, you could always buy your own ASETscope to enable you to review the stone fully :)

The angles look promising, though, but the HCA tool under the Tools tab at the top of the page will confirm if they are - I can't get my phone to play ball so have a go yourself and post back! :)

I already used my 3 free submissions!!! :lol::lol::lol: but if I remember correctly, it was a 2.5 or 2.6.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should have effectively unlimited (999) use unless you're trade! You're not the only person to have the issue though, lol.

I ran the figures now I'm back at a proper screen and it came back as a 1.6 score for me, so the angles look good :)

What are the Returns policies of the vendor? (Make sure to ask about Returns shipping and insurance processes and arrangements.) If you have a while to review it in your own home, I think buying an ASETscope would be very useful in helping identify cutting accuracy and any areas of leakage :)

diamondinterested

Rough_Rock
You should have effectively unlimited (999) use unless you're trade! You're not the only person to have the issue though, lol.

I ran the figures now I'm back at a proper screen and it came back as a 1.6 score for me, so the angles look good :)

What are the Returns policies of the vendor? (Make sure to ask about Returns shipping and insurance processes and arrangements.) If you have a while to review it in your own home, I think buying an ASETscope would be very useful in helping identify cutting accuracy and any areas of leakage :)

@OoohShiny The company policies are great. Free shipping, free returns for 60 days, free unlimited resizing, free yearly cleaning, lifetime 100% value upgrades.

I appreciate your insight so far, thank you for your responses!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny The company policies are great. Free shipping, free returns for 60 days, free unlimited resizing, free yearly cleaning, lifetime 100% value upgrades.

I appreciate your insight so far, thank you for your responses!
Interesting... are they / have they been recommended here on PS?

That almost falls into the 'too good to be true' category for me! :lol: lol

Make sure you have it in writing / screengrab the webpage / have details of the upgrade policies (in terms of what constitutes and upgrade - 1, 2 or 3 aspects of the 4Cs? a $1/$1000/$10000 increase in price?? etc.) :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks pretty good to me! And at least 12k cheaper than a mined diamond!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results