shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab created emerald

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I would like to do some research on buying a lab created emerald. I want something large for a statement cocktail ring, but also for it to be a perfect traditional Colombian blue-green colour.....and don't want to spend that type of money on the real deal.

Can anyone suggest where to source something? Or even a natural alternative gem. Would love to see some pics.

Thanks so much

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
You could try geolite here: https://geolite.com/emerald.htm

Some of their lab emeralds have inclusions, but it might be tough to find one that has as many inclusions as most mined emeralds, if you are looking for that. Click on the item number for each listing on the site for a photograph.

Last edited:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Also, StagandFinch.com has some lovely lab stones. I can't seem to get their webpage to open on this computer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had this custom cut by Jeff White a while back, it is still with him so no pics from me.

He may have more roughs available.

DK :))

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
I finally saw Crazy Rich Asians yesterday, and like everyone else I'm totally obsessed with Michelle Yeoh's emerald ring, so this thread seems especially timely. I'd love something similar for a ring, although not nearly as large. The design is to die for.

Is there emerald green moissanite available? I'm having a hard time finding it in any color other than pale green, or in anything but a round cut.

Alternately, I'm interested in lab created emeralds, but presumably they are identical to mined emeralds, meaning they'd be just as soft and not quite as suitable for everyday wear. Right?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I finally saw Crazy Rich Asians yesterday, and like everyone else I'm totally obsessed with Michelle Yeoh's emerald ring, so this thread seems especially timely. I'd love something similar for a ring, although not nearly as large. The design is to die for.

Is there emerald green moissanite available? I'm having a hard time finding it in any color other than pale green, or in anything but a round cut.

Alternately, I'm interested in lab created emeralds, but presumably they are identical to mined emeralds, meaning they'd be just as soft and not quite as suitable for everyday wear. Right?

I know I've seen green moisanite but it might have been coated.

Check out Stag and Finch! They have lab green sapphire and lab emerald. And yes, even lab emerald isn't super durable.

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
That lab green sapphire is a beautiful color! Nice solution to the durability problem, too. Thanks!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Resurrecting this thread to say I got in touch with an Etsy shop that sells a lovely moissanite repro of the Crazy Rich Asians ring: https://etsy.me/34TPKQj

I found videos on Instagram that look promising too, but wasn't sure about how stable the treatment would be.

I asked how they got the color so vivid when most green moissy is paler. The shop owner said, "Our moissanite green is solid throughout the moissanite and not coated like alot of other colored moissanite. They create the green color by leaking in nitrogen into the reactor. It took us a while to find someone who could produce that beautiful and rich green since it's a bit of luck mix with a whole lot of science to get certain colors."

Anyone know anything about this process and/or the vendor? It seems pretty cool.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results