shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Asscher arrived. I can't even...

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
So I've wanted an Asscher forever but kept convincing myself that I wasn't getting enough bang for my buck with that cut. However, even after getting a spready marquise and oval, I'd still drool over the Asschers here and on Instagram. I really have spent enough on diamonds in the last year so it looked like I could only (justifiably) afford a mined stone under 1ct. Then it occurred to me to search for a lab stone. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went on a search and finally found a lab stone I liked. It was graded L (and I had promised myself to get at least an I or J) but at 1.62ct (6.5mm) and VS1, I couldn't not consider it. It fit the bill in terms of other things such as ratio (1.0) and having nice windmills and good proportions. It's hard with Asschers but when you see one that works, you just know it's the one. So after looking at a bunch of other ones, I decided to go for it. Except the one US vendor that had it for sale didn't ship to Australia. Luckily another Rare Carat vendor in Canada had the same stone listed so I went through them to get it sent to Australia. It cost a little more (and carbon footprint) but worth the peace of mind!

It arrived yesterday but of course I wasn't home to receive lol I got it this morning and I think I got lucky again with this beauty. There's warmth but I think IGI was actually conservative for a change and this could easily pass for K (splitting hairs I know!). With loupe, it's very L mind you, but in most lighting conditions, it's barely warm. I have it pictured with two H colour MRBs and a G colour EC on white paper, which isn't forgiving but in real life, the Asscher does really well! I'll spam you all with pics.

So this is my second lab purchase and I have to say I'm super impressed. I didn't not expect it to look like a mined stone of course, but you still wonder lol
I would have no issues buying a lab stone again! Now to think of a cool ring design :D

IMG_5728.jpg IMG_5729.jpg IMG_5730.jpg IMG_5719.jpg
IMG_5727.jpg IMG_5726.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooohhh congrats on getting the asscher of your dreams!! I actually think the warmth is quite unique - I can't wait to see how you set it (I think something in yellow gold would look fantastic)!

Thanks for posting it, I too am from Australia and will have to consider a MMD to get an asscher cut one day as well.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!
I am planning a future lab diamond purchase and also a WA Aussie. It does give me confidence to buy from overseas reading your experiences. Thank you for sharing.
I can’t wait to see what setting you choose, I’m sure it will be spectacular!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love it!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I really love the warmth.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond!! Love the windmills.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulation. It’s a beautiful stone. I actually like the warmth. Are you plan to use yellow/rose gold?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So I've wanted an Asscher forever but kept convincing myself that I wasn't getting enough bang for my buck with that cut. However, even after getting a spready marquise and oval, I'd still drool over the Asschers here and on Instagram. I really have spent enough on diamonds in the last year so it looked like I could only (justifiably) afford a mined stone under 1ct. Then it occurred to me to search for a lab stone. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went on a search and finally found a lab stone I liked. It was graded L (and I had promised myself to get at least an I or J) but at 1.62ct (6.5mm) and VS1, I couldn't not consider it. It fit the bill in terms of other things such as ratio (1.0) and having nice windmills and good proportions. It's hard with Asschers but when you see one that works, you just know it's the one. So after looking at a bunch of other ones, I decided to go for it. Except the one US vendor that had it for sale didn't ship to Australia. Luckily another Rare Carat vendor in Canada had the same stone listed so I went through them to get it sent to Australia. It cost a little more (and carbon footprint) but worth the peace of mind!

It arrived yesterday but of course I wasn't home to receive lol I got it this morning and I think I got lucky again with this beauty. There's warmth but I think IGI was actually conservative for a change and this could easily pass for K (splitting hairs I know!). With loupe, it's very L mind you, but in most lighting conditions, it's barely warm. I have it pictured with two H colour MRBs and a G colour EC on white paper, which isn't forgiving but in real life, the Asscher does really well! I'll spam you all with pics.

So this is my second lab purchase and I have to say I'm super impressed. I didn't not expect it to look like a mined stone of course, but you still wonder lol
I would have no issues buying a lab stone again! Now to think of a cool ring design :D

IMG_5728.jpg IMG_5729.jpg IMG_5730.jpg IMG_5719.jpg
IMG_5727.jpg IMG_5726.jpg

Wow very pretty!! I can't wait to see how you decide to set it! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherlicious❤️

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! I dont really see the tint that much until you put it next to other stones. Looking forward to seeing how you set it!
More pictures once you get it set!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Just gorgeous!!! I enjoyed your journey and am so thrilled for this stone for you!! Enjoy every moment and sparkle =)2

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing! It is lovely!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@Buttercookies - I'm going to experiment with unplated white gold, or even pale 'beige' gold but probably using bright white prongs. I'll take my time working out a design but on the other hand, I can't wait to wear it!
@Sparkles88 - Hello! Always so nice to hear from fellow Aussies, especially another WA person :D I have had no problem buying diamonds from overseas so feel free to ask questions :) Pricescope has been very helpful in my research process though.
@maryjane04 - There are so few Asschers in Australia! I decided to go MMD as I just couldn't ignore the price point. For a mined 1.5ct K SI2 Asscher, I'd be up for around 3500 USD whereas my stone was 1380 USD. It was worth it in my case. And nevermind what you'd pay in Australia! I am very, very happy!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04 - There are so few Asschers in Australia! I decided to go MMD as I just couldn't ignore the price point. For a mined 1.5ct K SI2 Asscher, I'd be up for around 3500 USD whereas my stone was 1380 USD. It was worth it in my case. And nevermind what you'd pay in Australia! I am very, very happy!

That is very wise, I have never seen an asscher in person so you can't go wrong for that price. I don't think I have seen an old cut either. We just don't have a lot of options here do we?

I think I would be looking into a MMD asscher too just to see, it's not a bad investment either and also doesn't hurt that the price is so reasonable (and less taxes to pay too!). I can't wait to see what you do with this!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That is very wise, I have never seen an asscher in person so you can't go wrong for that price. I don't think I have seen an old cut either. We just don't have a lot of options here do we?

I think I would be looking into a MMD asscher too just to see, it's not a bad investment either and also doesn't hurt that the price is so reasonable (and less taxes to pay too!). I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Yeah, I had to get an old cut diamond ring from the US as well! They're around but at pretty horrendous prices!

Yes, now that I have this beauty, if I decide for a milestone to go up a size (mined or lab), then I know what to expect with an Asscher. I was pretty sure I'd love one in real life but you just never know! If I win Lotto I can definitely see myself getting a 3 carat Asscher. To be honest, I am glad I didn't settle for a 1 or less carat stone as they are tiny! 1.62 looks like a 1 carat MRB!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I had to get an old cut diamond ring from the US as well! They're around but at pretty horrendous prices!

Yes, now that I have this beauty, if I decide for a milestone to go up a size (mined or lab), then I know what to expect with an Asscher. I was pretty sure I'd love one in real life but you just never know! If I win Lotto I can definitely see myself getting a 3 carat Asscher. To be honest, I am glad I didn't settle for a 1 or less carat stone as they are tiny! 1.62 looks like a 1 carat MRB!

Oh not to mention horrendous prices, the quality is horrendous too. They are dark ugly old things hahaha I would have never thought that old cuts could be pretty without PS.

And yes definitely now you know asschers are for you, you can definitely upgrade in the future. I know! They face up sooooo small. Just wait a couple more years maybe lab created will drop more in price and we can both enjoy a 5ct asscher lol

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is beautiful! Totally on my wish list now!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful, and thanks so much for posting! I have recently been eyeing asschers for the first time, and I was definitely seeing some good prices for larger lab asschers in the K/L range. Your pictures and videos give me an idea of how great they can look. Can't wait to see it set and what you do with it!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful, and thanks so much for posting! I have recently been eyeing asschers for the first time, and I was definitely seeing some good prices for larger lab asschers in the K/L range. Your pictures and videos give me an idea of how great they can look. Can't wait to see it set and what you do with it!

Oh yes! I thought I was doing myself a disservice by getting an L but I couldn't ignore the bargain that K/L lab Asschers were. I was wary as the general consensus is that step-cuts show colour more but I'm happy with the warmth. I'm seeing my jeweller next week! :D

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous, I really love the warmth! Keep us posted on your project!

purecarats

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new purchase!

I must say it does punch above its weight for an L color stone!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, I LOVE your asscher! I might have missed it, but where did you purchase from? It's gorgeous.

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
Looks like a great make, based on the videos. Congrats on finding a stone you love!!!

Unfortunately, due to the nature of diamond growth, Asschers are quite rare. In the last 365 days, only 0.63% of 1ct+ diamonds offered to us by our growers were Asschers.

Much to my chagrin, as Asschers are my favorite shape as well.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@purecarats Thank you! Yes, my jeweller did a double-take when I told him it was an L. You can definitely see the tint side-on but facing up and in the sun... Not DEF white but breathtakingly clear!
@lovedogs Thank you :) I went via Dajini who was willing to ship to Australia. He's better known on Etsy but has started his own website.
@Ada Diamonds CEO Thank you so much! I feel Asschers can be so different and what's perfect to one person is a dud to another! Thank you for that information. I did wonder why there were so few and since my search started a month ago, that many of my wishlisted lab Asschers have disappeared.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
spectacular, the perfect stone!

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations
She is a beauty. Now i want a asscher. Would you mind sharing the name of the Canadian vendor that you bought it from? Im in Canada, so it will be easier thank you

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations
She is a beauty. Now i want a asscher. Would you mind sharing the name of the Canadian vendor that you bought it from? Im in Canada, so it will be easier thank you

Thank you :) Absolutely. It's Dajini (on Etsy or his website dajini.com) and the owner is Frank.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results