shape
carat
color
clarity

La Pousette or Jumbo Backs in Platinum

loves2rock

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone. I must admit that I have been lurking for a while and appreciate this forum. Up until now I've been a stud virgin....lol. I'm so excited. I just purchased two hearts and arrows 1.40 ctw (.70 per earring) J, VS1 and VS2. I just love sparkly things! Setting is a standard three prong platinum martini from WF. Trying to decide between La Pousette backs (standard size - 6.5 to 7 mm) and jumbo backs in Platinum.
My concerns are if I will be able to handle the La Pousettes and if they will prevent drooping. I don't sleep in earrings. Are these backs very small?
Am I better off with the jumbo backs ease of use because I will take them on and off every day? Will they be so large as to stick out from behind my small lobes? My ear lobes are petite and thin.
I'm guessing the La Pousette backs will need to be pushed up against my ear and not fit in the notch. I was told that they tend to move if not put in the notch. Has anyone experienced this?
Mainly I was thinking of the La Pousettes because I thought they will be more secure. But, knowing me if they are too difficult to use I may not wear them as often as I'd like. I have long hair and have lost my share of earrings with just regular size butterfly backs. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks, I need to decide by Tuesday.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't seen it already I think this will help. My lobes are thin too. If someone was standing behind me they could probably see them, but no one from the front or side. Good enough for me.

I don't like la pousette cause they are hard for me to put in. Hurts my fingers. I leave my studs in 24/7. I take them out only to clean and in they go. I sleep with them, do all forms of exercise. Very secure. No regrets. Feels like I got a whole new pair of earrings.

My studs have never looked this good. I got mine from Whiteflash, who made my studs.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/miracle-workers-jumbo-backs-what-a-difference.224388/

loves2rock

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you so much for helping me with my decision. I hadn't seen the thread on jumbo backs. My ears are very similar. Your photos are great. I'm going to stop worrying so much about losing an earring. Better to enjoy and look great like yours do. Your earrings look gorgeous on your ears. You should be an ear model! If you don't mind me asking what size are your studs? It's amazing how expensive platinum backs cost. Thanks again.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loves2rock|1472868625|4072772 said:
Hi,
Thank you so much for helping me with my decision. I hadn't seen the thread on jumbo backs. My ears are very similar. Your photos are great. I'm going to stop worrying so much about losing an earring. Better to enjoy and look great like yours do. Your earrings look gorgeous on your ears. You should be an ear model! If you don't mind me asking what size are your studs? It's amazing how expensive platinum backs cost. Thanks again.

Lol!! Thanks. I'll tell my kids there is hope for their ears. ;-)

My studs are 1.1 and 1.2. I have one spready MRB, and one that is an ideal cut. They are around 6.8mm.

Yes, I was annoyed at first by the cost. $275! But when I put them on, I would have paid more. You could say I was a satisfied customer.

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
I use the jumbo backs and love them. My lobes are tiny but you can't see the back.

loves2rock

Rough_Rock
Do you find the earrings at all heavy as they are platinum? I struggled between platinum and 14 kt white gold because I was concerned about weight. My piercings are very small. I never wore heavy earrings. Ultimately, platinum won out. I thought it would wear better and long term be friendlier to my ears. I kept going back and forth between three prong martini and eight prong martini. Finally, decided 3 prong. Ideally, I would have liked six prong, but then the setting became more expensive. So many decisions. Never realized it was so complicated. Then, the question of the backs.........lol. I've bought houses faster.
Thank you again. You really helped me.

loves2rock

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for helping me make my decision. Going to go with the jumbo backs.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let us know how you like them.

I had no probs with my platinum studs. Not heavy at all. Whiteflash made my six prongs, and the work is very fine. In fact, the posts are much thinner than usual earring posts you find on earrings in costume jewelry, and other earrings. Thus, my holes are so small, they won't easily accommodate thicker posts. I have only one pair of earrings, and this is it. If I ever buy another pair, it will be a challenge on my ears.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I saw this post late, if you have bought, ignore.
I bought diamond stubs for my daughter, she proceeded to lose one with the push backs.
Next pair had LaPousette backs, it has been a few years and she still has them.
They are easy to take on and off, and she has trouble with fine motor, and finds them easy to take on and off
They are like a "clamp", if you don't go with them, make sure your studs are insured.
Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results