shape
carat
color
clarity

L/W Ratio on a Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
35.gif
I have a quick question about L/W ratios on cushions. I definitely prefer a rectangular look, but one of the stones I am considering measures out at 7.48x5.64x3.08 - is this going to be SUPER long and strange looking? I know cushions need to be seen which is why I am going to view this one in person. But wanted to know if it''s even worth my while to check it out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/1/2008 5:33:58 PM
Author:glitterbug
Hi!
35.gif
I have a quick question about L/W ratios on cushions. I definitely prefer a rectangular look, but one of the stones I am considering measures out at 7.48x5.64x3.08 - is this going to be SUPER long and strange looking? I know cushions need to be seen which is why I am going to view this one in person. But wanted to know if it''s even worth my while to check it out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Depending on the cut and appearance..., super loooong cushions can be gorgeous and UNIQUE!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long you want your cushion is really up to you. Personally, I like cushions that are a little long. This one will be long, but not overly long in my opinion. Only you will know if it''s too long for your taste after you see it.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 5:47:05 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 4/1/2008 5:33:58 PM
Author:glitterbug
Hi!
35.gif

Thanks in advance!
Depending on the cut and appearance..., super loooong cushions can be gorgeous and UNIQUE!!
Mmmmm - Now that you mention it, I''m picturing an Ashoka.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ashoka

31_carat_d_if_ashoka.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are a pair of longish..., dont remember the ratio..., but you can easily measure!!!
Just feeling a bit lazy to do it myself...
20.gif

longish.JPG

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Now I''m really excited to see the stone!
36.gif
It''s a D color so that part is exciting too.

Diagem - I totally want the stone to be unique! Everyone around me has RBs and while I think they''re gorgeous, they''re just not for me (or my fingers!). Those stones you posted look lovely!

Pixley - that Ashoka pic is AMAZING!

kcoursolle - I like longer cushions too! For the longest time I wanted a rectangular radiant so maybe this is the best way to get the best of both worlds!

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your replies!

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 5:56:54 PM
These are a pair of longish..., dont remember the ratio..., but you can easily measure!!!

20.gif

Hey DiaGem

Those are really nice cushions! You''re right, they totally do not look like ovals
5.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 5:56:54 PM

20.gif

Diagem you are killing me with the photos of amazing cushions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results