shape
carat
color
clarity

Kyanite and white zircon Necklace suite

ebarda

Rough_Rock
This is a collection of blue kyanite from Nepal I've been collecting over the past year that I'm going to make into a necklace for my wife.

The stones on the bottom of the drop earings are both 20 cts. The center stone on the necklace is 30 cts. All VVS top color.

In total it is about 40 cts of white zircon, 140 cts of top quality blue kyanite from nepal.

The stones are untreated and rarer then their counterparts, but together cost less then a top 1 ct sapphire! I got good prices from abroad, but still...

Ok, they are softer stones than blue sapphires and diamonds, but how often would you wear this necklace if it was made of the harder counterparts!?!

Royal family, eat your heart out :)

imag0017.jpg

imag0014.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is going to be an AMAZING necklace. I hope you come back and post pictures of the finished product! Have you picked a jeweler yet?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the final piece!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how to say... INCREDIBLE BEAUTY! Can't wait to see the final result!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That will be one impressive necklace! And so special that you collected all the stones :)) Can't wait to see the finished pieces.
Please post pictures!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! I'm a big fan of statement jewelry as I like to call it that has a royal flair!!!! Please please please post back when this project is complete! I'm dying to see pictures! :appl: :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:-o :love: Wow! This is amazing! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

ebarda

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I'm actually keeping my eye out for a jeweler. My impression is that if you want a cheap good metal smith who has lived his life on the bench then hong kong is the place to go. Otherwise you pay US labor prices and they take forever since they are so slow (not the culture here). If you know of someone who charges reasonable prices for this type of labor in the US and has tons of experience with rare and softer stones let me know.

I took it to a jeweler here in Denver and they asked if I had a few cheaper stones they could practice on!!! I almost started laughing aloud...

I am heading to NYC this weekend, so if you know someone there let me know.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
INCREDIBLE!!!

I can't wait to see the finished piece and hear about her reaction! :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are beautiful! :love: As for them being soft, you will have to be careful who your use for sure.

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: I hope u can share the final piece to us!!! I can't wait to see it!!! :love:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man! That is going to be absolutely stunning! I cannot wait to see the finished product! I bet she is going to flip out! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I can't wait to see the finished piece. It will be amazing!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is going to be an amazing necklace!!

NiceSmile

Rough_Rock
ebarda|1368297877|3444992 said:
This is a collection of blue kyanite from Nepal I've been collecting over the past year that I'm going to make into a necklace for my wife.

The stones on the bottom of the drop earings are both 20 cts. The center stone on the necklace is 30 cts. All VVS top color.

In total it is about 40 cts of white zircon, 140 cts of top quality blue kyanite from nepal.

The stones are untreated and rarer then their counterparts, but together cost less then a top 1 ct sapphire! I got good prices from abroad, but still...

Ok, they are softer stones than blue sapphires and diamonds, but how often would you wear this necklace if it was made of the harder counterparts!?!

Royal family, eat your heart out :)
How is this moving forward?

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
That is so great to use softer, less expensive stones. In a necklace, the softer stones will be safe. What an excellent way to get a stunning necklace! Is it a surprise for your wife? Can't wait to see it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll have to post the end result. That is going to be one spectacular necklace. :twirl:

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Wow fantastic project! I jope you'll be back to show us the final result

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did this set get made? I'd love to see it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful stones! It is going to be gorgeous! Come back with pictures when you have it made...would love to see this piece!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results