shape
carat
color
clarity

Kudos to Boone Rings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many of you have read the story about Greg's Wedding Ring in the Show Me the Ring forum..if not, here is the thread to catch up.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gregs-finished-wedding-ring.14700/

Bottom line is that we had his wedding ring commissioned by Absolute Titanium and it turned out beautifully. However, as we found when it arrived, it was definitely too big. At the time, we thought it had been erroneously made too big, and asked Absolute titanium what our recourse was. We had a very short timeline, we leave for our wedding in 2 weeks and was afraid that making a new ring was out of the question given the 4-5 week timeline of the original piece.

Bruce of Boone Rings had offered to try to resize the ring for us when i posted about our dilemma, but we were unsure if the max resize option of 1/4 would even be enough since this ring seemed amazingly loose. In the meantime, Absolute titanium got back to me with news that they could also try to resize 1/8-1/4 for $75 and it would take a few days. Or they could remake the ring but after the wedding and it would take 4 weeks and cost us about $300.

While considering the options and not loving any of them since we really wanted a ring that actually fit...Bruce from Boone emailed me and offered to make us an entirely new ring for a very low cost. He noted that AT's site was slick with amazing pictures, but the reality was that it did not take 4 weeks to make a ring. He wanted the opportunity to replicate our original ring in a few days! He would charge us a minimal amount and all shipping costs!
1.gif

Obviously this was very intriguing! We were interested obviously, and after doing a bit of research on Bruce and his company...and reading some accolades from happy clients, we decided to take the plunge.

I sent the original ring via FedEx yesterday morning, it arrived to Bruce this morning. He spoke with me this morning and we went over some details, rounding the at ring corners slightly, he wanted to set the stone higher than it was set in the AT design etc. He also told me that he thought he could have the ring done by tomorrow, Friday. Wow, a 2 day turnaround? Amazing!

This afternoon I got an email from Bruce with a picture of...you guessed, it the finished ring! WHAT?! But that's less than a day! Pretty sweet eh? So he shipped it off to me today and I should have it at our doorstep tomorrow by 10:30am. I am so excited, the picture he sent is beautiful and Greg loves the slight modifications that were made to the original AT design.

The bonus fun part is that Bruce set a CZ into the AT designed ring for us, so now we will have two rings! So in case Greg bloats out after the marriage and gains 50 lbs, we'll have a ring that fits.
2.gif

Here is the picture that Bruce sent us and the comparison of the AT ring, slight differences but I think Bruce's ring looks amazing. We can't wait to see it in person tomorrow AM. He made the ring size 10.3 and noted that the AT ring IS a size 10.75, so either Greg lost 50 lbs in 4 weeks (not), or the sizing tools used at the stores we went to (on AT's request) were entirely off! Or something. Anyhow, hopefully the 10.3 will fit...it should considering that Greg tried a 10.5 this weekend, non comfort-fit, and thought it was perfect.

So for Bruce Boone, THANK YOU from the bottom of our heart for such an amazing, awesome save on our wedding ring. Bruce showed us that you don't need 4 weeks or 2 months to make a ring, it can be done in a day or two if the creator is dedicated. Bruce really sounds like he loves his work, which makes everything so much more quality when it comes from one who loves what they do.

I will definitely post more pictures and my thoughts on the new ring tomorrow, I hope it will be everything it looks in the picture and more! And it fits!
1.gif

Thanks Bruce...and Pricescope because without Pscope we never would have been able to have this amazing save, and in time for our wedding WITH time to spare!!

(btw...both the AT ring and the Boone ring are satin finish while the original spectore is shiny...we liked the satin look better..)

gregs rings copy.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing story. I'm so happy things turned out for you. Can't wait for pics.
Too bad Boone only does Titanium.
nan

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Wow... what an amazing story!!

I'm so glad everything turns out well for you Mara. I was just reading your post about Greg's ring dilemma today and hoping that you found a timely resolution.

Apparently so... Kudos to Bruce for a great ring and a priceless customer service!!
appl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See ? It pays to post on PS
1.gif

Actually, much more of the stone shows in the second version. I really hope it fits well!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I do love that satin finish. Hope the ring is everything you hope for and kudos to Boone Rings for going above and beyond to help you out.

Shay

wallace

Shiny_Rock
The new ring looks great! I'm very happy for you that it all got worked out so quickly and satisfactorily. What a great story!

Bruce is a HERO!!!
appl.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I love happy ends!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Mara, I'm so glad it worked out for you! I agree that the new ring shows off the diamond more. I hope you love it when you see it in person.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the new ring! I'm glad that everything worked out, Bruce sounds like a great guy to work with!
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Mara what a great save! You guys must be so happy to have it done with and coming back home!!! Just in time for everything to work out perfectly for the wedding!

YAY BRUCE!
appl.gif

Please, post pictures when you get it! Ana's right, it looks like you can see more of the stone in Bruce's version. Looks great!
love.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
Mara, Greg's ring looks terrific! What a great job Bruce did on his ring. Quality with such a fast turnaround time-now that is what I call customer service!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update! The ring arrived this morning and it looks amazing!! I honestly can hardly tell it apart from the AT ring except for the slightly rounded edges and that the real stone is bigger than the CZ that Bruce set into the AT ring!

I took some pictures which I willl upload later. Greg tried the ring on today at lunch and it fits great! He LOVES it and it looks excellent on him, especially better now that it actually FITS. The old one definitely looked too big. This one is perfect! It's not too tight and it still gives him room for some bloating...hehee.
2.gif

Thanks again Bruce, the excellent service and quality really has me spoiled now!
naughty.gif

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara. I'm so glad the ring fit and Greg likes it. That's a relief. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you on it. I appreciate your generous write up.

The finish on that one is what I call a brushed finish, and the great thing about that is it can be buffed anytime with a ScotchBrite pad and it will look just like the picture. Just buff along the direction of the ring and that's it!

Nan, I also work in tungsten, but I imagine that's not the metal you were referring to.
1.gif

Valeria, you are right about the diamond showing more. The gap difference is only about .010", but I raised the stone up slightly so the cutlet doesn't poke the finger so much. In doing so, the intersection of the gap and the curved bottom groove makes slight dished cutouts that show more of the stone's diameter. It should be obvious to the folks here that the diamond is a very nice quality one. I did want to show as much of it as I could. I oriented the tiny laser writing on the girdle so it could be read from the side. The ring's a bit on the thick side, but that is dictated by the stone size. I usually recommend a smaller stone on a symmetrical ring, but it does seem to work on a man's ring.

Mara, congratulations to you both. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Bruce

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Bruce, let me take this opportunity to say how thoroughly impressed I am by your work and by you.

Seldom does it happen that someone steps up to the plate this way. I think your responsiveness and your turnaround time are a shining example of what can be (and what should be) with a customer-centric company.

(tipping my cap to you).....Nicely done.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Well here are the pictures.
2.gif
Some are comparisons...the newer ring is the one with the bigger, better looking stone.
9.gif
They are so similar, hard to tell apart but the new Bruce ring has slightly rolled edges which gives it a very finished look.

Greg loves it...he was sneakily wearing it around the house and I had to confiscate and hide it.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks Bruce...lucky for us, your quick save ensures Greg will actually have a wedding band that fits on our trip! Always nice.
rodent.gif

Gregs Ring Round2.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, it looks GREAT! Way to go Bruce! I like the rounded edges and being able to see the diamond more. And I'm so glad that Greg has a ring that fits now to wear on your honeymoon.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Mara...A few subtle changes in the manufacture of this ring made a noticable difference in how the diamond stands out.. Congrats to Greg...
21.gif

I think he should confiscate your ring too..
naughty.gif
(If he's not allowed to wear his)..
2.gif

Bruce..Great job on this ring and what a fantastic turnaround time...
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

The new ring looks perfect! It's amazing what difference a few small changes make. It's a great looking ring.

Congrats to Boone for getting the job done so efficiently.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara!

KUDOS to Boone Rings! Glad to have you aboard!

F&I really is eating humble pie. I've never liked a diamond on a man until this ring. Way cool! And, as a bonus, he will get lots of compliments on his *wedding* ring. No mistaken he's taken.
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mara, beautiful, just beautiful. Way to go Boone Rings. Great saving of THE DAY. (do you leap tall buildings too?)
9.gif
Now that's customer service. Congrats and best wishes to Mara and Greg

Shay

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great story. Glad it all worked out. Love the ring design. Definitely something my husband would wear.

Best wishes for a perfect wedding day!

DiamondLil

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Mara

Congrats to you and Bruce of Boone rings! I have to agree, the new ring just looks *better*.

It was lovely to begin with, but the subtle changes make a world of difference.

May you both wear your rings in health and love!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

Josh...oh he confiscated my ring right away, I definitely had itchy fingers! We actually put all the rings together in his closet, though I just have this feeling that maybe he wakes up at night to secretly wear his band!
rolleyes.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

It's great that Bruce of Boone Rings came through so quickly for the both of you and things worked out for Greg's ring in time for your upcoming wedding
appl.gif

Lotsa well-wishes and good times to the both of you!
5.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Mara!

Absolutely amazing! The brushed finish lends a modern, yet timeless look and I really like the way the stone now sits. Great job Bruce! Once again, you amaze me with your first class customer service, and attention to detail.

appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results