shape
carat
color
clarity

Kristall

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jasper11

Rough_Rock
I just started looking - just to get an idea I went to the mall jewelers.
I loved a Kristall Russian diamond ring. The cost was $7,999, cut down to $6,400 - but still too rich for our blood.
Elsewhere I saw a Kristall ring for about $3,800 for a set - nice but not as.
Anyone have any opinions on this jeweler - also - if you know where I could find a large number of them for sale? The stores I''ve been to only carry about 3 (in the Faberge like eggs).
Thanks! :)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 6:18:42 PM
Author:jasper11
I just started looking - just to get an idea I went to the mall jewelers.
I loved a Kristall Russian diamond ring. The cost was $7,999, cut down to $6,400 - but still too rich for our blood.
Elsewhere I saw a Kristall ring for about $3,800 for a set - nice but not as.
Anyone have any opinions on this jeweler - also - if you know where I could find a large number of them for sale? The stores I''ve been to only carry about 3 (in the Faberge like eggs).
Thanks! :)
For what carat weight? Tell us a ballpark budget, and we''ll see what we can do to help. Also if you can post a pic of the type of setting you have in mind, it could help even more.

shay

jasper11

Rough_Rock
Here''s the info they gave me:
Round / bagette
Center 3/4 vs2 E color
1.25 TW

It is rather fancy with a lot of filigree work and pave'' work.
Thanks

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Was the setting platinum? I ask because the only E VS2 I found had only a so-so cut and it was 3,060. (PS search feature) That would leave some for the extra stones and setting. If it's a high-end setting with a decent carat weight in platinum, that could easily run you anywhere from a couple grand to 3,000 or more (especially designer settings). Then you must factor in the markup for being in a brick and mortar establishment where they have rent and employees to pay, and you can see how that would easily run to what you were quoted.

Please post a pic if you can of the setting you are interested in or one similar. Maybe one of the fine vendors here could make you one similar for less.

shay

Edited for spelling. aka if I only had a brain.
20.gif

jasper11

Rough_Rock
The ring was white gold, which suprised me too - with the price. They say the reason for the cost is all the workmanship that goes into it. I cannot find a very similiar ring on the net so I found one that at least gives the idea.
This is not ''set in stone'' per se, I may go with a completely different style of ring. It''s just that I liked it and am now curious. :)

sim.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
You''re right. Nothing too extravagant about that in white gold. Have you looked at the settings some of the vendors here sell for something similar?

shay

jasper11

Rough_Rock
I have looked around for the same designer and found something I liked for a set at $3,800 - which is far more reasonable but still a bit steep.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results