shape
carat
color
clarity

Kretchmer Polarium band/bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I just found a band that I love for my fiance''s wedding band. It''s Inner Secrets Half round bands

Does anyone off hand have any idea how much this ring costs? I have a call in at my local jeweler, but I''m dying to know. I''m afraid it is probably 4 grand or so.

If it is, does anyone know of any similar bands that split like this? I really do love this one though because it''s magnetic.
Thanks!
~T

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t that cute! I have seen something similar, but I cannot remember where...I *think* it was in a magazine, no idea on price, though.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
These are really awesome.

No pricing, but here is a website that sells them.
http://www.topperjewelers.com/wedding_bands/steven_kretchmer/

Also, it looks like the designer/creator of Polarium died in 2006.
http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/news/2006/071006story.html

I am really intriqued by these rings, I think they are so cool. Engraving in the side of the bands would be terrific for wedding bands.

Let me know if you find out the pricing.

ETA http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/steven-kretchmer-jewelry/ Pearlman's carries them.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/steven-kretchmer-jewelry/rings/62O1/66/

I think that is it...really cool!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
pedro - have you ever found out about the pricing of these? we tried a set on at our local jeweler before and it was so cool b/c if she wears her wedding band on her right hand when we hold hands our rings will actually stick to each other
we are thinking about going for a set

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
OH, San Diego! Those are cool. Thanks

I did get a quote from a store that carries Kretchmer nearby. The two end rings come out to $4400 (or somthing close to that) and then each "halo" is like $1200.

They are so cool, but a little (a lot) out of my price range.

Yes, Kretchmer died a while back in a motorcycle accident. His Daughter Claudia has taken over the company. The company still holds all of his patents though and their quality I have heard is still stellar.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
hmmm, maybe i should consider a different type of band, had no idea they were that pricey!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 11:26:10 AM
Author: MikeRato1
hmmm, maybe i should consider a different type of band, had no idea they were that pricey!

Sorry for my late reply. I never checked back in. You know well, its the designer baby! I appreciate the premium, but just can''t swing it. I started working with
J Albrecht. I''m scratching the split band idea. I want something with movement. Sort of like this one. But I want somehow the outer band to rotate around the inner. No diamonds. Well maybe a hidden diamond on the inside, but I''m not sure. I sort of gave him an idea of what I would like, but I told him to "have at it" as far as designs. I''m excited. We just started, so I haven''t seen anything yet.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 4:13:00 PM
Author: MikeRato1
pedro - have you ever found out about the pricing of these? we tried a set on at our local jeweler before and it was so cool b/c if she wears her wedding band on her right hand when we hold hands our rings will actually stick to each other

we are thinking about going for a set

I missed this post. Sticking together! That makes it even more worth it. If you can swing it, I''d go for it! So cool!

BTW, did you guys ever decide if you are going with a band with your setting?

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
oops, like this one.

Obviously what I was describing will look much different. but this was my inspiration. I think it has too many diamonds though

gold_mens2_006_macro.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
that pic reminds me of demani (spelling), the one that brad pitt co-designed i think?
anyways, no were still leaning toward the polariums although she wants something thin and i have a feeling the polarium are thicker
what about you? are you gonna keep your band on your right hand? thats what we decided (i think/hope)

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
They look pretty thin to me. But you were the ones who tried them on. What if she got two of the inner halo''s instead of the outside? they are a lot thinner.
For me, no band at all. He''ll steal it away the day before the wedding I guess and slip it back on for our ceremony.

Eventually I would like Stuart Moore''s "Wow, the ultimate anniversary ring" I can''t link it directly because it''s a flash site. But Iove that ring. Not sue if I like the princess cuts, but I can''t see what would work there so the diamons could be flush. But I love that ring. I''ll hold out.

Let me know what you end up deciding on.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
vote4pedro - we went on his website but couldnt find "the ultimate anniversary ring" was it under the "snapshots" section?
i cant remember what kind we tried on, but i do not think it was the one i have in mind, we still have awhile to go so we will have to go back and look more
we will let u know though

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
It was a different name, I think. His ring names are weird. This is the one I want. It''s not so good for a guy, if you are looking for matching bands. I just got my first drawing from Jalbrecht. I love it, but it looks like it is going to be too tall for my fiance. he''s picky about what is and what is not comfortable. It is sort of like the rose gold above, but with two diamonds. The diamonds run on a track back and forth on the side of the ring. it was really cool. I''ll ask him if I can post it if you want to see it.
Seems like we both have the same sensibility, so I''m looking forward to seeing what you guys choose.

ultimatestmoore22.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
wow i really like that style, is that something custom then?
she cant make up her mind, one day she wants something with diamonds, then she doesnt
luckily we still have until august of next year to decide
what kind is your hubby interested in?

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
That''s the Stuart Moore ring. I love it. It''s pricey though. I don''t want to knock it off, so I just have to wait.
Future hubby wants a simple white metal ring. It needs to be really simple, but I am trying to include a little movement in it. He gave me the drawings of the first one with diamonds that move on a track, but it needed to be a little higher than normal and we don''t think it will be comfortable. So we''re back at the drawing board.

I''ll post it when we decide. Let me know what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results