clarity

Kojima Pearl Company Spring sale.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Starts now coupon code: Supearlative Save 20% Good though April 27th

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Oh noes!

Just when I finally convinced myself to wait until Ruckus.

Finger must not slip on keyboard.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Finger slips don't count because it's impolite for anyone to get mad at accidents. *nods sagely*

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
How did you know about the coupon code? I thought I was on the mailing list, but I haven't gotten anything.

travelmermaid

Rough_Rock
Do you know if Pure Pearls will have a code I could apply on the Sea of Cortez pearls? Thank you

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves, yes Sarah sent out an email with the code yesterday.

Travel mermaid - Pure Pearls also sent out an email yesterday announcing that their diamond & pearl pieces are 20% off in April. These include some Sea of Cortez pieces (the ones with diamonds). I don't think there is a code, you should be able to see the discount applied on the site.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
BWeaves,

What I have noticed is that some vendors share information on Instagram sooner/more often than other channels (not always the case). I created an instagram account years back and have not touched it, but only went on it just a few weeks back with the sole purpose of following the pearl vendors (why am I always a few behind when I ping about certain items on their blog post lol?).

I see that Sarah has posted about the sale on instagram as well.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I can't keep up with all the things kids are linked to these days. Thanks for posting here.

I went to Kojima to resign up for e-mails. I thought I'd done that, but maybe I hadn't.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I cherish the few pieces I have from Kojima, especially the earrings. :love:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I too am very happy with the items Sarah has made for me. I do have a few more things I need to take over to her shop soon. 4 ranch girl is coming next week, we may swing by if Sarah is in.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Her shop is a wonderfully magically (and dangerous for my wallet) place! Sounds like a fun trip!!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I didn't buy from KOJIMA (although I find myself browsing A LOT in her shop lately. I totally dig Sarah's style. I love her mixing and matching of pearls,threads, sizes, colours etc.) but I bought something from Pacificpearls.us (Fuji Voll) which i think is KOJIMA's sister company (?). I already have a style in mind for this but will have to experiment with designs once i see IRL. dsc0147_large.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a pair of kasumi dangly earrings with the discount! I'm super excited to get them since I love Japanese products. :naughty:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Whoo Hoo. Sarah is in and we have an a appointment to see her on 4/27 at 11 am. Can't wait. I have some half drilled Tahitians I would like to be fully drilled and a beautiful Lake Kasumi pearl I would like half drilled and set into a white gold diamond mounting.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1461594637|4023336 said:
I bought a pair of kasumi dangly earrings with the discount! I'm super excited to get them since I love Japanese products. :naughty:

Exciting! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1461597044|4023352 said:
Whoo Hoo. Sarah is in and we have an a appointment to see her on 4/27 at 11 am. Can't wait. I have some half drilled Tahitians I would like to be fully drilled and a beautiful Lake Kasumi pearl I would like half drilled and set into a white gold diamond mounting.

Ooh! Lucky things!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
There are a few things I keep wanting to buy. But I have to be good!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Japanese kasumi earrings I ordered arrived, but I decided to return them, and I plan to ask Sarah to see if she has any other suitable pairs for me.
I love the color and ripple shapes, but one of the pearls had two sizeable "potches" (sorry, I'm a pearl newbie and not sure if that is the right word, it's more a gemstone/opal term) where the nacre is thin and dull, not shiny at all. Although the direction of the earring hook meant that the dull patch would be minimized when worn on the ear, it bothered me.. It wasn't noticeable (for me at least) on the vendor photo. I was a little shocked when I saw the size of the dull patch in person.. I am relatively new to pearls, so I don't know if that kind of blemish is acceptable for Japanese kasumi because they're rare compared to Chinese ripple pearls (like how inclusions are tolerated in some types of colored gemstones)? But personally I realized I would prefer to pay more for a pair with the shiny nacre all around the pearl.

I know I should have not bought impulsively and asked questions first, but I was excited when I saw the pair and the discount on the site.. :( At least I can still get refund and am only out the shipping cost, as well as learned a valuable lesson.

2016-04-28_18.jpg 1_450.jpg 2i.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Mochico42 , She does have many incredible colorful metallic pairs,(undrilled) we saw them yesterday. Sarah's are better quality than the pair you received from your vendor. Plus you know they are really Lake Kasumi since she goes there and selects them directly from the farmers.
We had a fantastic day a Kojima and I took many photos of the pearls and also a video of Sarah making beading needles out of lamp wire. We also saw something we had NEVER seen before anywhere, a Giant Clam pearl necklace! Yes, I have photos of Wilma wearing it. If you would like to read the write up and see the video (45 seconds) of Sarah making needles go to the other forum. We are not allowed to post this or the photos here.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1461851130|4024573 said:
Mochico42 , She does have many incredible colorful metallic pairs,(undrilled) we saw them yesterday. Sarah's are better quality than the pair you received from your vendor. Plus you know they are really Lake Kasumi since she goes there and selects them directly from the farmers.
We had a fantastic day a Kojima and I took many photos of the pearls and also a video of Sarah making beading needles out of lamp wire. We also saw something we had NEVER seen before anywhere, a Giant Clam pearl necklace! Yes, I have photos of Wilma wearing it. If you would like to read the write up and see the video (45 seconds) of Sarah making needles go to the other forum. We are not allowed to post this or the photos here.

NacreLover, that pair that I bought and posted photos of is a pair of Japanese kasumi from Sarah at Kojima Pearl. It was a ready-to-ship item that was included in her Mother's Day sale. I think I might ask her to look for a custom pair for me.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Didn't know that, Either way, She does have undrilled metallic pairs at her shop and ready to buy. I don't know the price point you are willing to pay for the pearls, they are not inexpensive but fantastic. Some of the pairs are wrinkled and some are near perfectly smooth. She also has some already made into earrings hanging in her cases. Too bad this forum does not have a PM function. Do you have an account at the other forum?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1461852118|4024586 said:
Didn't know that, Either way, She does have undrilled metallic pairs at her shop and ready to buy. I don't know the price point you are willing to pay for the pearls, they are not inexpensive but fantastic. Some of the pairs are wrinkled and some are near perfectly smooth. She also has some already made into earrings hanging in her cases. Too bad this forum does not have a PM function. Do you have an account at the other forum?

Thanks so much for the tip. I'll ask Sarah about the ready-made earrings that you mentioned. She has very kindly agreed to refund me including the shipping charges (which I didn't expect). I paid $300+ for the pair that I am getting a refund for, so I'm hoping to spend somewhere in the $350-$500 range but could be flexible if the right pair of earrings come up. I'm looking for ones with more ripple/wrinkle but with strong and even luster all the way around the pearl. :)

I mostly lurk on the other forum (I think I know which one you mean), but just created an account (same user name). Or you can find me on LT https://loupetroop.com/users/mochiko42 ::)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Shame about the pearls Mochiko, given the size of the blemishes, would've expected this to be disclosed. I hope you find the perfect Kasumi pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a happy surprise! My kojima earrings arrived today! They are fantastic! (they're a little droopy on my ears as I don't have large backs on them yet...but they will get them as soon as I get home)

11.5 mm Tahitian studs (dark green body pearls with peacock overtone):

in_box__small_.jpg

fullsizerender__005_.jpg

fullsizerender__007_.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, CMD! How do they compare to your Tahitian drops?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They look gorgeous cmd. I must admit I'm tempted by Sarah's Tahitian studs. How do they compare to your other Tahitians?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs|1461987358|4025402 said:
Lovely, CMD! How do they compare to your Tahitian drops?

The differences are a bit hard to capture in pictures as they are subtle. My drops are slightly higher luster (they are crazy metallic) and have stronger body colour and overtones. They are also perfectly clean. The studs have gorgeous but slightly less colour and luster, but are still strongly green with intense peacock overtones. They also have a few blemishes that are visible only on close inspection. I would say that the studs are very comparable to my AA+ to AAA strands, while I suspect my drops might be considered gem quality on the PP rating scale. I would highly recommend the studs though, especially at the price point Sarah is offering them at.

Here's pictures from my jewelry box (you can see I went a little crazy for metallic white drops from PP for a while):

Left to right: POJ 12mm metallic studs, Kojima 11.5mm Tahitian studs, AP Tahitian drops (10mm), 10-11mm PP metallic drops, 11mm light mix off-round studs (PP findings, pearls from Jacques).

_3347.jpeg

_3350.jpeg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the comparison photos, CMD, I see what you mean. You have a beautiful collection there!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful pearl treasure box CMD, please please put me in your Will! :love: :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1463494737|4032667 said:
That is a beautiful pearl treasure box CMD, please please put me in your Will! :love: :love:

Ok, but only if you do the same! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results