Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Knife Edge on Tiffany Ring - Comfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

furcifer

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a class Tiffany setting ring and I noticed that the ring itself is essentially a knife-edge. For the people that own these rings, do you find them comfortable? Thanks.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I have a knife edge on the shank of one of my rings and I''ve never found it to be uncomfortable.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 1:38:40 AM
Author: cpster
I have a knife edge on the shank of one of my rings and I''ve never found it to be uncomfortable.
ditto, I have a RHR with a knife edge and it doesn''t bother me at all. Personally, I''m more sensitive to the inside of the band rather than the outside. I love the feeling of comfort fit bevelled rings.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 1:10:41 AM
Author:furcifer
I''m looking at a class Tiffany setting ring and I noticed that the ring itself is essentially a knife-edge. For the people that own these rings, do you find them comfortable? Thanks.
Only a few people have mentioned to us that the knife edge shank is uncomfortable and that seems to be when pressure is placed on the fingers, such as a hard handshake. However, if the edge is uncomfortable you can alway dull the edge slightly by simply having a jeweler buff it lightly on a polishing wheel...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.