shape
carat
color
clarity

Kleinfelds questions

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick question for anyone who has looked for a dress there.

I only want to look at Maggie dresses but I was curious how much more they're going to try to sell the dress for as opposed to another bridal shop?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Two questions for you.. Why Kleinfelds for a Maggie? And why rule out all other lines besides Maggie?

If you really are dead set on a Maggie dress, Kleinfelds is not the type of place to go look for one. You need to shop at a store thats focus is mid-price range. A high end store may have a few Maggie's, but not nearly the same selection as a store that rides on Maggie to bring in the $$. Maggie will be the bottom of the barrel for their price point and I doubt they have very many of those dresses.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl said:
Two questions for you.. Why Kleinfelds for a Maggie? And why rule out all other lines besides Maggie?

If you really are dead set on a Maggie dress, Kleinfelds is not the type of place to go look for one. You need to shop at a store thats focus is mid-price range. A high end store may have a few Maggie's, but not nearly the same selection as a store that rides on Maggie to bring in the $$. Maggie will be the bottom of the barrel for their price point and I doubt they have very many of those dresses.

Ehhh I always wanted one just because I love the look but I'm sure there are a lot of other dresses and designers that have a similar style to hers.

I called and asked about their Maggies and they told me that they have a lot of her dresses and a lot that are very similar in design.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Don't be surprised if "a lot" means 3.. I went to Kleinfeld's to look at Kenneth Pool dresses and they kind of disappointed me. I showed them 8 dresses.. they had 1! They brought out another one (K-Pool) that was similar to the dresses I showed, but meh.. I didn't pick it for a reason. Plus, the neckline was pretty torn up. I'd go back for a trunk show, because I felt their prices were reasonable and the atmosphere is great BUT their selection for particular designers is limited.

Like the other poster said.. Kleinfeld's probably isn't the best place to look for a Maggie Sottero. I think you should still go because they have a lot of gorgeous dresses, but keep your mind open and be prepared to fall in love with a $4k dress..

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess said:
Don't be surprised if "a lot" means 3.. I went to Kleinfeld's to look at Kenneth Pool dresses and they kind of disappointed me. I showed them 8 dresses.. they had 1! They brought out another one (K-Pool) that was similar to the dresses I showed, but meh.. I didn't pick it for a reason. Plus, the neckline was pretty torn up. I'd go back for a trunk show, because I felt their prices were reasonable and the atmosphere is great BUT their selection for particular designers is limited.

Like the other poster said.. Kleinfeld's probably isn't the best place to look for a Maggie Sottero. I think you should still go because they have a lot of gorgeous dresses, but keep your mind open and be prepared to fall in love with a $4k dress..

If anything, I'll get a good idea of what kinds of looks I do and don't like. I did try on one dress that I liked at another bridal store but the kind of service I got was atrocious and I was very unhappy with the experience so I'm hoping for a much better experience. We'll see what happens...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
nevermind...I cancelled my appointment.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I went to Kleinfield's a few weeks ago. Not sure what is so good about it over another bridal store - I had a better experience at Amsale. They had a good selection but I didn't get to try on the dresses I wanted to. They kept trying to push Pnina Tornai and I am not a big fan.

Anyways, have you had a chance to try a Maggie on in real life? I really like their designs but the material leaves lots to be desired (especially their lace). When compared to brands like Enzoani ... Maggie just can't compare.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I went to Kleinfield's a few weeks ago. Not sure what is so good about it over another bridal store - I had a better experience at Amsale. They had a good selection but I didn't get to try on the dresses I wanted to. They kept trying to push Pnina Tornai and I am not a big fan.

Anyways, have you had a chance to try a Maggie on in real life? I really like their designs but the material leaves lots to be desired (especially their lace). When compared to brands like Enzoani ... Maggie just can't compare.

Charmy, that made me feel so so so much better about canceling the appointment!

I tried one maggie dress in person and I was kind of disappointed. There was not enough sparkle at all although the lace was nice. There is one other Maggie that I'm really eyeing right now the Ella one.

I'll have to check out the brand you mentions. Thanks so much Charmy.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:

Yesssss! I had an Enzoani dress, and for $2000, I thought it looked like it cost much more. The only issue I had with my lacey Enzoani gown was that it was a b*tch to have altered. It was sooo tight when I bought it, but then I lost too much weight and had to have it taken in and it never looked quite the same afterwards.

Here's a link to one of my gown shopping excursions. I tried on two Enzoani gowns and a couple Paloma Blanca's. Ooh, and you should look into Jim Hjelm. He's one of my absolute faves! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gown-shopping-pics-inside.121786/

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
CharmyPoo said:

Yesssss! I had an Enzoani dress, and for $2000, I thought it looked like it cost much more. The only issue I had with my lacey Enzoani gown was that it was a b*tch to have altered. It was sooo tight when I bought it, but then I lost too much weight and had to have it taken in and it never looked quite the same afterwards.

Here's a link to one of my gown shopping excursions. I tried on two Enzoani gowns and a couple Paloma Blanca's. Ooh, and you should look into Jim Hjelm. He's one of my absolute faves! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gown-shopping-pics-inside.121786/

Thank you, thank you for the link!!!

I'll look into the other ones you suggested as well.

I don't want to spend more than 2,000.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
omgggggg I loooooove the beijing that your tried on. Wowowowow.

And the brazil one is beautiful too. I'll definitely look into those dresses. The one maggie dress im looking at is very similar to the beijing but the back is lower.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I secretly wish I'd purchased the Beijing. The one I tried on at the store didn't fit well at all so it was so hard to imagine it. The straps were really beautiful too and I'm sure the back could be lowered. Let me see if I can find any more pictures of it. I might have actually tried it on at two different salons...

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Found some more pics. First, a detailed one of the straps. Not sure why the second two are on black and white. :confused:

beijing1.jpg

beijing2.jpg

beijing3.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Look how similar it is to the Ella :love:

Ella.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
And here it is on someone who needs a sandwich or four. (I'm kidding; don't flame me naturally skinny girls. I'm just jealous.)

beijing4.jpg

beijing5.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, yes. That Maggie you posted is right up my alley. I wonder if you couldn't find a bridal salon in your area that has both gowns in stock.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
For $2,400 you can get the Diana by Enzoani.. Which is an AMAZING gown. I prefer it with the ivory belt though.

diana.jpg

For $1,500, you can get Casablanca from Blue by Enzoani

Casablanca_1.jpg

For just under $1,000 this Allure gown- 8764

allure.jpg

And these are just a FEW options outside of Maggie. There are so many beautiful gowns out there, don't limit yourself!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl said:
For $2,400 you can get the Diana by Enzoani.. Which is an AMAZING gown. I prefer it with the ivory belt though.

diana.jpg

For $1,500, you can get Casablanca from Blue by Enzoani

Casablanca_1.jpg

For just under $1,000 this Allure gown- 8764

allure.jpg

And these are just a FEW options outside of Maggie. There are so many beautiful gowns out there, don't limit yourself!

I like the Diana but I don't like the belt at all, I wonder if it can be taken off. I did look around before having my heart set on the Maggies, but nothing wowed me the same way the Maggies did (in pictures).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the belt in Diana can be removed. It also comes in ivory or black. I tried this gown on and loved it. I think I actually tried on most of the collection and loved them all. I am actually surprised that I didn't end up with an Enzoani. The other brand I recommend is Pronovias - great designs, workmanship, and materials.

I was also sucked into Maggie from the photos and kept asking for them. After trying on 3, no more ... also, for some reason, their designs didn't fit me or look good on me.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
Yes, the belt in Diana can be removed. It also comes in ivory or black. I tried this gown on and loved it. I think I actually tried on most of the collection and loved them all. I am actually surprised that I didn't end up with an Enzoani. The other brand I recommend is Pronovias - great designs, workmanship, and materials.

I was also sucked into Maggie from the photos and kept asking for them. After trying on 3, no more ... also, for some reason, their designs didn't fit me or look good on me.

I'm going to try on one more maggie and if its a no go, I'll definitely start looking into the other ones more. I feel like I'm really picky or something because I have a really hard time being wowed by any dresses at all. One thing that is a must for me is lace and sparkles/beading.

I don't think I could bring myself to spending 2400 on a dress even though the Diana is very pretty.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, the first store I went to was charging $2400 for the Brazil. I went to another store that carried Enzoani but didn't have the Brazil in stock. I told the second store how much the other store wanted for it and they offered it to me for $2000. So don't be afraid to try to get them to go lower. Some of those gowns have a huge mark-up.

Oh, and Enzoani measures hollow to hem so you don't have to worry about having the bottom of the dress hemmed. That definitely cut down on alteration costs.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered second hand? Have you visited Bridal Garden yet?

Can I interest you in these options? Email them to do a "background" check. Not sure what size you are.
$999 NEW: http://cgi.ebay.com/Enzoani-ERIN-wedding-dress-bridal-gown-NEW-AUTHENTIC-/320592745626
$999 USED: http://cgi.ebay.com/Enzoani-Dakota-Ivory-Wedding-Dress-/110587662991
$1100 NEW: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pronovias-Fedra-Wedding-Gown-Size-4-new-tags-/220673192376
$799 SAMPLE: http://cgi.ebay.com/PRONOVIAS-SPOSA-GOWN-Leiza-size-8-/220671424627
$399 SAMPLE: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pronovias-Nectar-wedding-dress-gown-8-Ivory-/370360967295

I also struggle to find a dress that I am in love with. I am begining to think that most of us aren't wowed and start crying when we find a gown. I like many gowns but don't love a single. I have stopped looking.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I've picked my dress, and I love it, but I never cried or had a "OMG THIS IS MY DRESS!!!" moment. I mentioned that to the sales consultant and she replied "that's because there isn't a camera filming you and a producer egging you on to freak out.

Take that for what you will. :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also did not have a "THIS IS IT!" moment, I found many dresses I loved a lot and ended up picking the one that was the least expensive :devil: Got it at a sample sale for $500.

FWIW I did not like Maggie S dresses because the materials are cheap and they were really heavy to wear in the corset styles, I found.

I loved Pronovias and Paloma Blanca in the under $2000 catergory. The fabrics were much nicer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results