shape
carat
color
clarity

Kitty Cruciate Injury-- Anyone Know About This?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I hope this response doesn't get me in trouble with the admin, I promise to stay as PG as possible.
1.gif

He is a rather petite cat with medium length, thick hair. Let's just say that some characteristics are also petite and one was undescended. Okay, I hope that was discrete and PG!

So, the owner who surrendered the kitty, the shelter and the shelter vet all missed it. Once we adopted him, we were focused on his knee and cold and didn't notice anything else. This revelation occured today because he was scheduled by the shelter to come in for a spay and I wasn't sure that he had recovered enough from his cold to undergo the operation. The vet who examined him told us she looks for it because she knows about a number of cats who go in for spays only to find out they need to be neutered.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 1:49:18 PM
Author: AnitaT
I hope this response doesn''t get me in trouble with the admin, I promise to stay as PG as possible.
1.gif

He is a rather petite cat with medium length, thick hair. Let''s just say that some characteristics are also petite and one was undescended. Okay, I hope that was discrete and PG!

So, the owner who surrendered the kitty, the shelter and the shelter vet all missed it. Once we adopted him, we were focused on his knee and cold and didn''t notice anything else. This revelation occured today because he was scheduled by the shelter to come in for a spay and I wasn''t sure that he had recovered enough from his cold to undergo the operation. The vet who examined him told us she looks for it because she knows about a number of cats who go in for spays only to find out they need to be neutered.
Oh goodness! Have you decided what you are going to call him ?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lorelei
35.gif

We had narrowed it down to Sonya, or Sasha...needless to say, we are going back to the drawing board.
9.gif

I must say, things are never boring at home. Everyday is an adventure!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sacha (pronounced Sasha) is a man''s nickname in Russian.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 2:15:29 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Sacha (pronounced Sasha) is a man''s nickname in Russian.
Good point HH!

How is he settling in Anita?
35.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for asking. He is less congested, but still sneezing. His right back leg is better, but still a little stiff. However, he is much perky and his appetite has improved. He gained about a lb since last week. He needs to stay on antibiotics for another week or so to make sure he is out of the woods.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 2:57:49 PM
Thanks for asking. He is less congested, but still sneezing. His right back leg is better, but still a little stiff. However, he is much perky and his appetite has improved. He gained about a lb since last week. He needs to stay on antibiotics for another week or so to make sure he is out of the woods.

Sounds like he is on the mend! So glad to hear this - I''ll keep my fingers crossed for a continued recovery - I''m sure under your excellent care he''ll be good as new and making trouble like a normal kitty in no time
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like he is doing great!!! Bless his heart!!!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I meant "perkier"...he is much perkier than before.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results