shape
carat
color
clarity

Kindly asking for help to choose 3ct or above.

dandelions

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I have been reading here and studying on a daily basis. I am looking for at least a 3ct at least H color and at least 3 cts. I would prefer something bigger if possible. My budget is $10K. This is for my engagement ring and will likely be my forever ring (better late than never, right?) So far, I've found these. Could you please let me know your thoughts or if you have any other suggestions. Thank you.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, dandelions!
Check and see if there's anything at FD that catches your eye:

dandelions

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, dandelions!
Check and see if there's anything at FD that catches your eye:
Hi there! Thank you so much for your response. I have periodically looked at Frank Darling but they don't seem to have anything much bigger than a three carat in my price range. I'll keep looking .

Edited to add: I had the filters very narrowly set hence the limited results. I'm going to take again look right now.

dandelions

Rough_Rock
After looking through Frank Darling, I found one that seems like a winner.

It's a 3.41 H VVS2. The specs look good from what I see.

Could someone please take a look? Thank you.

I have attached a copy of the IGI report.

Attachments

• 526272948.pdf
    336.5 KB · Views: 12

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
After looking through Frank Darling, I found one that seems like a winner.

It's a 3.41 H VVS2. The specs look good from what I see.

Could someone please take a look? Thank you.

I have attached a copy of the IGI report.

That is really tinted for an H color...probably GIA equivalent to a high I or J-K.
If that doesn't bother you, then all else looks great!
They have some great D-F VS1-VS2 selections available in your budget.

Last edited:

dandelions

Rough_Rock
That is really tinted for an H color...probably GIA equivalent to a high I or J-K.

Thank you! I am really grateful for your advice and assistance. I will look some more and check back. I think the tint would bother me. For me, once I see something like that, I cannot unsee it.

We began our search at a local jeweler who wasn't nice to me at all. I know that $10k for a stone isn't *that* much but it wouldn't kill people to be a little kinder.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I am really grateful for your advice and assistance. I will look some more and check back. I think the tint would bother me. For me, once I see something like that, I cannot unsee it.

We began our search at a local jeweler who wasn't nice to me at all. I know that $10k for a stone isn't *that* much but it wouldn't kill people to be a little kinder.

Hi, dandelions sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with your local jeweler.
...check out these beauties and see if any of them strike your fancy.
If any of them do, then I suggest you contact FD to either put it/them on hold or start the purchase process since diamonds (especially those recommend here due to all the daily anonymous visitors) tend to go quickly.

dandelions

Rough_Rock
Hi, dandelions sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with your local jeweler.
...check out these beauties and see if any of them strike your fancy.
If any of them do, then I suggest you contact FD to either put it/them on hold or start the purchase process since diamonds (especially those recommend here due to all the daily anonymous visitors) tend to go quickly.

Thank you so much! It's been put on hold. I your fourth choice already in my cart as it's a beautiful stone for a fantastic price. It was over $13,000 on another reputable website. I will post back when I hear more from Frank Darling. It's kind of a complicated process right now because of the diamond show in Las Vegas.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! It's been put on hold. I your fourth choice already in my cart as it's a beautiful stone for a fantastic price. It was over $13,000 on another reputable website. I will post back when I hear more from Frank Darling. It's kind of a complicated process right now because of the diamond show in Las Vegas.

Great choice - love those proportions and angles!
Congrats on landing a keeper!

Screenshot_20220603-171553.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dandelions

Rough_Rock
Just want to thank you again for your help.

Frank Darling was very easy to work with. My boyfriend sent me a screenshot that he paid the invoice today so now I await the proposal.

I'm so nervous!

I will post pictures in a few months after I receive the ring.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Frank Darling was very easy to work with. My boyfriend sent me a screenshot that he paid the invoice today so now I await the proposal.

I'm so nervous!

That's fantastic news - congratulations on your soon to be engagement and beautiful diamond!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

I'm so nervous!

Congrats on your super ideal diamond! Can't wait to see pics. I didn't get to see the one you chose as you had already put it on hold before I checked the link. Can you post the Cert.#. I think $10k is a very nice budget for a lab diamond. I had never heard of that vendor, FrankDarling before. Great find.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz; FYI, According to Jon at Distinctive Gem, he stated that IGI grading reports are pretty accurate and sometimes conservative on color. If I remember correctly the example he had for his customer was a G color IGI LGD which surprisingly rated an E color on his colorameter (sp?). I've seen many GIA H color earth mined stones that show tint, but they are still H color. But like you, I would not choose an H color that showed tint like that either. You are an amazing PSr and so generous of your time and knowledge in helping newbies find the best diamonds. You obviously love the "hunt"!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
DejaWiz; FYI, According to Jon at Distinctive Gem, he stated that IGI grading reports are pretty accurate and sometimes conservative on color. If I remember correctly the example he had for his customer was a G color IGI LGD which surprisingly rated an E color on his colorameter (sp?). I've seen many GIA H color earth mined stones that show tint, but they are still H color. But like you, I would not choose an H color that showed tint like that either. You are an amazing PSr and so generous of your time and knowledge in helping newbies find the best diamonds. You obviously love the "hunt"!

Hello, ariel144.
Correct, color grading can be all over the board at times and the right thing was done in his example: have an expert in the trade perform an analysis and provide results from the assessment.
I do love the hunt. :)

dandelions

Rough_Rock
Just thought I would update everyone about what is going on with my ring.

I initially chose one of the settings on their website to go with my diamond. I mentioned in another thread that I ended up hating the setting. This was discovered after they sent me a plastic model of my ring.

I didn't want a complete overhaul of the design but some things had to be changed. As it turned out, my boyfriend and I were going to be in Manhattan this past weekend. I contacted my rep at Frank
Darling and asked to meet in order to custom design my ring/see the diamond my boyfriend purchased (the one discussed above). We met at their studio in Soho, showed the rep the design changes I wanted and saw my diamond. Wow, I have never seen something so beautiful.

My boyfriend wanted to take a picture of the diamond set in a temporary setting at the studio but I wouldn't let him. I wanted the first picture of the ring to be on my finger. The ring should be completed in s few weeks. I'll update again when I finally have it on my finger.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I would update everyone about what is going on with my ring.

I initially chose one of the settings on their website to go with my diamond. I mentioned in another thread that I ended up hating the setting. This was discovered after they sent me a plastic model of my ring.

I didn't want a complete overhaul of the design but some things had to be changed. As it turned out, my boyfriend and I were going to be in Manhattan this past weekend. I contacted my rep at Frank
Darling and asked to meet in order to custom design my ring/see the diamond my boyfriend purchased (the one discussed above). We met at their studio in Soho, showed the rep the design changes I wanted and saw my diamond. Wow, I have never seen something so beautiful.

My boyfriend wanted to take a picture of the diamond set in a temporary setting at the studio but I wouldn't let him. I wanted the first picture of the ring to be on my finger. The ring should be completed in s few weeks. I'll update again when I finally have it on my finger.

How exciting that you saw it in person and loved it!! Can’t wait for more updates!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results