shape
carat
color
clarity

kinda wierd idea...but maybe cute?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
What do you all think of this idea? FI and I are going to have a "winter wonderland" themed wedding (lots of whites, silvers, golds, and reds) and since I love the theme b/c I love snowflakes and anythign sparkley, what do you think of a bouquet like this? I could just get some crystals to stick in a bouquet also if this seems over the top, but I thought it was neat b/c it's different...

is it too much and should I just go with adding some crystal stems to a floral bouquet, or is it cool?

ETA: I think it may be a bit much.....what do you guys think of adding a few crystal stems to a bouquet?? Or is it too much...I'd have to have colored ribbon though to make it stand out from my dress??

biqidea.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I think a dark red rose bouquet with the sparkly things interspered(sp?) throughout would look beautiful-in fact, I think I''ve seen something similar before. I''ll see what I can dig up in my wedding files. No ribbon hanging down though- maybe the stems just wrapped in ivory/white.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweetpea .. I''m guessing you''re twenties/early 30s?? Do you remember those hairy clear plastic trippy light thingies you''d buy at the mall? THAT''s what it reminds me of. Fiber optic lamps ...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
31.gif

fiberopticlamp.jpeg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Something like this calla bouquet, only with dark red roses:

large_image.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 3:06:24 PM
Author: Molly1024
Something like this calla bouquet, only with dark red roses:
Oooohhh. That''s pretty. I like it as pictured too! Def can get behind crystals or beads as an accent .. but not as the whole she-bang! (JMO)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 3:05:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
3.gif
31.gif

HAHAHA, OMG DECO it does, that''s terrible!!!!! I''ll def go with a few stems in the bouquet rather than the whole thing as a bouquet. I''m just so attracted to anything that sparkles! I figured it wasnt the best idea, and that in reality it would probably not look very good, but I needed to be talked out of it before buying something spontaneously that was stupid! I tend to get excited and just do stuff then think about it later!

I''m 25 so I totally remember those fiber optic things.

Molly--I love those red flowers with the crystal stems added in though, that''s the look that I was thinking of as well!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
You know I actually held one of those in person when trying my dress on, they actually look prettier in person. I am having my wedding in January (a month to go!) and I ended up going with this -- a white/cream boquet of roses, hydrangeas (looks snowy) with TONS of crystals dispersed through -- now THAT's the way to do it!
31.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 7:25:48 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
You know I actually held one of those in person when trying my dress on, they actually look prettier in person. I am having my wedding in January (a month to go!) and I ended up going with this -- a white/cream boquet of roses, hydrangeas (looks snowy) with TONS of crystals dispersed through -- now THAT''s the way to do it!
31.gif
In the current Modern Bride (dec/jan) there is a "Winter Wonderland" themed wedding (which is what we''re going to do) and her flowers have crystals on the outside and are white...it''s really cool!

The hydrangea is a god idea!!! Maybe I''ll use it for centerpieces for a snowy look, although I love this for a wintery centerpeice...have to see how much it is:

snowycenterp.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like it, actually!
1.gif
Yup, even though I do remember the fiber optic thingies...
28.gif
But having a few in a bouquet is a great idea too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think having a few of ''em interspersed between flowers is much better than a whole bouquet of those things.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results