carat
color
clarity

kimberly caves Zimbabwe's Marange rough to hit the market

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?SID=&id=35990

"Today's agreement was reached after the U.S. was willing to soften its stand towards Zimbabwe. It's understood that it now paves the way for the U.S. to be elected vice chair of the Process, and become KP Chair on January 1, 2012."

SneakyBF

Rough_Rock
Re: kimberly caves Zimbabwe's Marange rough to hit the marke

Bah. Thankfully canadian diamonds seem to be on the rise and more available.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Re: kimberly caves Zimbabwe's Marange rough to hit the marke

on my way to a meeting, but....

I think the text is the message, more, and not the headline

I believe the Zimbabwe diamonds have been cleared and sold, both illegally, and with KP's approval, up to now already.

The EU brokered deal from US allows US to be lead...what...next year? That's the story here.

But, the message? I think it's a ruler telling the sun it's OK to go from east to west.

Following appropriate KP protocol, they should not have been allowed up to now, and following the US agreement, they should still not be allowed without agreement from the non-government, boycotting agencies. But, because the internal rules of KP have not been followed anyway, these things are happenning.

I don't know how to evaluate this, so much.

Without the additional humanitarial rules mentioned above being added in for review, further proved by the allowing of Zimbabwe diamonds, a new game is desirable for those concerned about diamonds possessing the kind of heritage buyers with conscience might be concerned about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results