shape
carat
color
clarity

Kim, could you educate me on this gorgeous cut?

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Kim N, I followed the thread with the setting you had for sale and the beautiful new diamond that will go in there. I'm new to all of this, but I wanted to ask what the cut was on your original diamond in the mounting? It's gorgeous (and I'm trying to educate myself :) ) It didn't look to me like the standard round brilliant. I have posted the picture below. (And thank you for taking the time to answer).

DKJ-setting-only.jpg It didn't look like a standard round brilliant to me.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Engrgrl1! :wavey:

It is a custom re-cut (from a modern round brilliant) transitional diamond. Transitional cuts encompass anything between an old European cut and a modern round brilliant. They usually have a larger table than an OEC and a culet like an OEC (though I opted not to have one). Some have a checkerboard pattern and others have more defined, often chunky arrows. The latter is my favorite type of transitional because of the big, bold flashes of fire that come from super chunky arrows.

pink-halo-16-jpg.946166

GIA calls them "circular brilliant," though some disagree with GIA's definitions.

Pay_circular_brilliant_table_large.jpg

I hope that helps, and thanks for your kind words about my diamond!

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Hi Engrgrl1! :wavey:

It is a custom re-cut (from a modern round brilliant) transitional diamond. Transitional cuts encompass anything between an old European cut and a modern round brilliant. They usually have a larger table than an OEC and a culet like an OEC (though I opted not to have one). Some have a checkerboard pattern and others have more defined, often chunky arrows. The latter is my favorite type of transitional because of the big, bold flashes of fire that come from super chunky arrows.

pink-halo-16-jpg.946166

GIA calls them "circular brilliant," though some disagree with GIA's definitions.

Pay_circular_brilliant_table_large.jpg

I hope that helps, and thanks for your kind words about my diamond!

Thank you so much!! Yes, very very helpful--and may I say your ring is just stunning!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!! Yes, very very helpful--and may I say your ring is just stunning!!

You're very welcome! I'm excited to see what you end up with!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results