shape
carat
color
clarity

Khordipour is also Shiraz??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I was browsing around on ebay when I ran across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-24-carat-Platinum-Peridot-Diamond-Ring_W0QQitemZ180194941662QQihZ008QQcategoryZ52603QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is obviously the same ring that is featured on the M. Khordipour website.

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=852&cat_id=8

I looked around the sellers ebay store which is under the name of Shiraz Jewels:

http://stores.ebay.com/ShirazJewelsDotCom

Almost all of the stuff is the same stock available at M. Khordipour. (Including that mystery ruby ring being discussed in another thread.)

The prices and descriptions of the items are all the same. But why would Khordipour not just have their ebay site under the same name? The Natural Sapphire Company has some of their stock for sale on ebay under the NSC name. Why the change? Did anyone else know about this? Has anyone bought through the ebay site?

Just sort of wondering what he deal is.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe Shiraz handles eBay sales for Khordipour in exchange some kind of fee or consideration.

I found www.shirazjewels.com (out of Great Neck, NY) and it''s not Khordipour''s stock.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like the stock at Shiraz''s website is not Khordipour stock.

But the Shiraz Ebay stoe is 90% Khordipour stock.

Is it common for one store to have another store handle their ebay sales? Why?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
The street address for both are the same. Also, the photo of the storefront matches that on the Khordipour website.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed that too. But then it has you send your money to a different address which I think matches the Shiraz one on their web page.

It just seems weird to me to have some other jewelry store selling your stuff for you.

Maybe they think Ebay is just not prestigious enough to sell there under their own name? I don''t know...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I doubt anything more sinister than a family tie to the business. Maybe a daughter, or son who wants their own line or something to run. The Jewlery business is really a small small place where family lines often branch out and run their own divisions, branches, and companies, using the parent companies stock or resources at times.

Could even be as simple as not having a stigma attached to a reputable business like Khordipour, by using the newer generations or the cousin''s or whomever else the Shiraz site ir run by... One can concentrate in modern versus antiques, or low price points versus high price points. This is very common, as the greatest asset in any luxury industry is your reputation. And that includes keeping it clean from E-Bay fraud questions, even if E-Bay is a viable source of sales...

Just a thought really.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 11:48:46 PM
Author: Nicrez
I doubt anything more sinister than a family tie to the business. Maybe a daughter, or son who wants their own line or something to run. The Jewlery business is really a small small place where family lines often branch out and run their own divisions, branches, and companies, using the parent companies stock or resources at times.

Could even be as simple as not having a stigma attached to a reputable business like Khordipour, by using the newer generations or the cousin''s or whomever else the Shiraz site ir run by... One can concentrate in modern versus antiques, or low price points versus high price points. This is very common, as the greatest asset in any luxury industry is your reputation. And that includes keeping it clean from E-Bay fraud questions, even if E-Bay is a viable source of sales...

Just a thought really.
Makes sense to me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results