shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep the heirloom or sell for preference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doingRhomework

Rough_Rock
Good Morning, and thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information here.

We live in Philadelphia and have had the fortune of searching on Jeweler's Row. We love the vatche x prong for princess cuts. We have been looking at, and loving, 1 ct, E-G, VVS2-VS2 stones in a 2B or better cut. We were given a beatiful round solitaire ring by my bfriend's Mother. Our initial thought was to sell this in order to purchase the princess that I love and prefer over round. In doing our due diligence we are hearing that we will most likely not get good value in selling this stone and are considering using the round stone in the x prong setting.

We have made an appointment with David Atlas for tomorrow at 11:30 am and will be able to find out more about the quality of the stone. So far, several jewelers we have shown it to have said it looks like a pretty nice stone, about 1ct, between f-g, vs2ish. I am really looking forward to hearing what AGA has to say.

My question is, has any one else been in this situation? And, if so, what did you do? What do you think the best thing for us to do would be? Especially if the stone turns out to be pretty high quality?

Thanks in advance for opinions, thoughts and guidance!

Jodi

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I had princess cut and preferred it over round stone before, but after 9 months of wearing it and change setting, I foudn out princess stones are harder to set, and for same carat weight, looks smaller than round, and you end up paying more to achieve same size effect and brilliance as round stone.

I recently upgraded my princess cut to round bc round is more durable over time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results