• Keep it

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Send it back

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this eternity band from Blue Nile and I'm on the fence about it. Is it too big for my ering? It's 1 ctw and I normally wear a 0.4 ctw eternity with my ering.

I could also wear it on my right hand but I haven't been wearing a RHR much lately.

It was 30% off so I had to try it.

Opinions? And please forgive the ugly bandaid!

20200916_113404.jpg 20200916_113335.jpg 20200916_113312.jpg

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great with your ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have soooo many bands that I lust after! Why did you gravitate to this one?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMO, definitely not too big for you e-ring. I actually really like the proportions.

Anne

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have soooo many bands that I lust after! Why did you gravitate to this one?

Lol, I know I have soooo many! I wanted to try a yg eternity that was a bit larger than most of my bands. Almost all of mine are tiny, delicate, and much smaller. I also like the French pave set. I just can't decide if it seems bulky.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take more pics? Like distance Ones

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous, especially in the yellow gold. But because you asked, and only because you asked, there is to my eye a tiny, tiny fraction of something not being quite right.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like the textures going on between the two. It accentuates without detracting. But as a picture glutton I would like more...
*edit saw some more pics(thank you)and I still really like it.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot. As long as it’s different from your other style bands I would keep it. I wouldn’t keep a band that is very similar to something you already have though. You might not wear it if you already have something similar.
I definitely like the width. I think it fits perfectly with the Dahlia.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's too big with your ering, I think it looks like a great ct wt to pair with it! However I do think something is slightly off - I'm not sure what it is. I think it may be the way the eternity is set, it has a different texture than your ering that my eye doesn't find complimentary?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a contrasting look. I find that I try contrasting looks for my ring, but I never really commit.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have that gut feeling I won't wear it. Lol, every time I try a larger band I immediately feel like it looks forced. I'm not sure that's the word for it. The band I like the most is a 0.4 ctw bead set eternity with milgrain. But it's in platinum and I want one in yg. I think I will send it back and hold out for a VC one.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always go with your gut.

Did you change you engagement ring setting?

The picture with Opie is adorable.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I know bands that don't match the e-ring are in style right now but I'm not much of a fan. So, as usual, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
its very pretty. but it sounds like you already have reservations. if you have any hesitation and do not completely love and are not "head over heels" then probably best to return it. one shouldn't talk or rationalize oneself into something. just my opinion ...

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always go with your gut.

Did you change you engagement ring setting?

The picture with Opie is adorable.

Thanks! Opie is my new baby - he goes everywhere with me! He is hopelessly spoiled at this point!

I upgraded my stone (color and clarity) and it's just a tad small for the EW setting. When wf has one that works for it, I will definitely upgrade again and go back to the EW. The stone is so much prettier than my last one though so I am very pleased with the switch!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party @Gussie, I don’t know why, it just wasn’t doing it for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s lovely, I just can’t put my finger on why.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you’re unconvinced and I agree with others that it doesn’t look 100% right for some reason. What kind of band did you used to wear with your CvB setting out of interest, or are you after a different look for your new stone?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have that gut feeling I won't wear it. Lol, every time I try a larger band I immediately feel like it looks forced. I'm not sure that's the word for it. The band I like the most is a 0.4 ctw bead set eternity with milgrain. But it's in platinum and I want one in yg. I think I will send it back and hold out for a VC one.

So I like it and think it looks very lovely with your ER. BUT the above says it all to me. Based on what you wrote I would return it. You don't need a band that will sit in your jewelry box unworn and unloved. Use the money for something you will wear and enjoy. Do NOT settle.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, I know I have soooo many! I wanted to try a yg eternity that was a bit larger than most of my bands. Almost all of mine are tiny, delicate, and much smaller. I also like the French pave set. I just can't decide if it seems bulky.

It looks perfect, i like a little more width and it sits so very well beside your ER

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the size is fine but like some of the others, there is just something twitching that says not quite right. I like the look and love the contrast with the yellow and white metals - maybe it is the brushed finish on the ering? Just something that keeps it from being perfect but it is definitely not the size.
The pup, however, is sheer perfection!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my money, there's no point of connection between the two. I love both rings - but they're different sizes, different eras, different metals...

I like a little contrast in rings, but they shouldn't look like they're meant to be worn on different hands...by different people....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not feeling it.
i just feel, when viewed close up, that the yellow gold Colour is too heavy or something alongside the fine work and milligrain of your ER.
I don’t think it’s the diamond size, I think it’s the stark colour and style contrast. At arms length I like it more.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone who weighed in. Returning tomorrow. And I ordered the 2mm vintage bead set from VC in 18k yg! I know I will be thrilled with it and with no regrets!

Yay! Nothing beats getting exactly what you want. ❤️

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone who weighed in. Returning tomorrow. And I ordered the 2mm vintage bead set from VC in 18k yg! I know I will be thrilled with it and with no regrets!

Can't wait to see it!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty with your ering but I see you are returning it. I will look forward to seeing your 2mm vintage bead set band when you get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results