shape
carat
color
clarity

kaylagee''s rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Recent gift
love.gif
, Left - RB Ideal, J, 1.53, si1 on generic ''tiffany''-style band worn with Fay Cullen vintage 1950s diamond guard(marquise in starburst arrangement, I, vs2).

On the right is my original engagement ring diamond - RB Premium cut, J, 1.08, vs2 in it''s new Alex Sepkus 18k gold mounting.

guardnsepkus.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
new solitaire w/o ring shield

153one.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
wacko.gif

153two.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
loopy.gif

153three.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
wacko.gif

153five.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
kayla, that is beautiful! i am strongly thinking of an I RB and you make me think i can go J!!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
more w/guard
rodent.gif

guardw7p4.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
twirl.gif

guardw7p43.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
okay. last one for now.
wavey.gif

guardw7p45.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kim!

Thanks so much for the compliment! I adore my Js. I've tried on my mother's F & Gs and they're not as romantic. They're a bit too cool for my tastes. Sounds crazy, but I think the I-J-K diamonds are sexier!
13.gif

I think it's also my undertones. White metal and super icy diamonds just clash
nono.gif
with my skin but my mom wears them so well(along with black and other 'Winter'/cool colors for clothes & make-up).

I'm the opposite...All of my jewelry is yellow gold and I wear earthtone/'Autumn' palette clothing.

I could probably even go to a well-cut K. An I color is awesome too. I'd probably never go above it.
rodent.gif

Best,

Kayla

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
my goodness! i didn't know you were posting more pics! i am so bad at interrupting posts
sick.gif
well the J is beautiful on your hand. i do like platinum though, but i think an I RB with fluorescence would be yummy! now i just gotta find it
1.gif

once again, beautiful gift!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, kaylagee! Was there an occasion that warranted the "recent gift?" And did you already have the vintage guard? I need details!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Kaylagee, I love your new J RB. It's beautiful.
Your other rings are lovely too. Just lovely

BTW what size are your rings?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Kaylagee, your diamonds are beautiful!
love.gif
I love the vintage ring guard--i think they are so nifty! And I have admired Fay Cullen's pieces for a while...they have such interesting items. Nice arrows in that one pic!
9.gif

Congrats on your new stone & new setting...The picture on the flute is cool!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------

I think it's also my undertones. White metal and super icy diamonds just clash
nono.gif
with my skin but my mom wears them so well(along with black and other 'Winter'/cool colors for clothes & make-up).

I'm the opposite...All of my jewelry is yellow gold and I wear earthtone/'Autumn' palette clothing.

----------------

My skin clashes with white gold/platinum on my hands, too. . .on my face and around my neck, it's different and I can wear both, but my hands need a warm metal as I have strong yellow undertones, but I like whiter diamonds, so the best combo is 14K yellow gold and G color diamonds
1.gif
lol

LOVE your new rings . . .the larger diamond and the ring guard are fabulous and literally glowing here on my screen. Yummy
lickout.gif
. What a fun combo of rings and I hope you enjoy your new treasures.

Michelle

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you enjoyed my photos! It's great being able to share these with other diamond lovers. My family thinks I'm *nuts* for taking pictures of jewelry!
3.gif
I actually have to sneak around and snap 'em.

Patty: The guard, dh bought for me last year for our 1st anniversary. I've saved the blurb from the site "1950'S .46CT DIAMOND RING SHIELD WEIGHING 3.8G, THIS 1950'S 14K YELLOW GOLD RING MEASURES A MAXIMUM OUTER WIDTH OF 12.5MM AND NO DEEPER THAN 4MM, THIS RING-GUARD IS SET WITH .46CTS OF MARQUISE-CUT DIAMONDS, GRADED I COLOR AND VS CLARITY. THESE 10 PRONG-SET DIAMONDS ARE SET IN A ‘STARBURST’ DESIGN."

The new solitaire is for our anniv this year. Can't say it was exactly a surprise though. I've been hinting and shopping the net heavily the last few weeks.
tongue.gif
Also it's a bit early but we're leaving to go back to France(dh is Parisian, I'm from S.F. Bay Area) soon and the diamond jewelery there seems super-expensive for not-so-hot quality. IMO, of course. There are some really nice art-deco pieces there tho'

Sevens one - Thank you! In the winter(& thinner times) I wear a 4.25 on the right 4.50 on my left(I'm left-handed). In the summer(or bloated, too-many-madeleines phases
naughty.gif
) 4.5 right and 4.75 for the left. I'm still trying to shed a few more lbs. Our son is already 1 yr and 1 month old! Chasing around him helps.
21.gif

Jennifer - Thanks so much!! I can't believe I finally managed to capture some arrows.
appl.gif
I've been taking pictures with our camcorder's snapshot feature. I reeeelly need a good digital camera. So many of the photos here are amazing in detail!

Michelle - Thank you! I'm staring at them as I type. So you understand the undertone issue too!
wacko.gif
I see so many fabulous white gold & platinum rings here, esp the Mark Morell(sp?) and Leon Mege
love.gif
designs but they'd be lost on me
rolleyes.gif

I'm encouraging my mom to get something new from either of them. I'll live vicariously through her.
rodent.gif

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~ kayla

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
(cough, sneeze) Wow this thread is dusty, but I didn''t want to start another all-new one.

I''m considering yet another setting for the 1.08 RB. in YG.

A101lrg.jpg

What do you think? I can''t deal with the prongyness of the faux Tiffany and the RB just feels too small for me to have protruding from my hand. This E14k ring seems more comfortable for everyday too(esp with the baby due). Also might match my orig wedding band better?(please see below)

My second bright (or not-so-bright) idea is to have the FayCullen guard remade into a semi-eternity ring(but do I really need another ring?!
37.gif
)

Or into euro wire earrings(with each arc of marquises made into a dangling piece) Is it awful to break apart a vintage piece?

I''d love feedback or alternative setting suggestions. Thanks in advance!

sepandwband.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kayla! It's synicgrrl from DT. You know I love your Alex Sepkus ring (which goes great w/ your band BTW), I'm glad you decided not to sell it. (are you thinking of selling for this new ring?) I personally prefer it to this E14k one - it just looks a little too "inspired vintage" to me but I do agree with you on the low mount, and it has more of a non-E-ring look than the Sepkus. I also totally understand the need to change and make-new! Keep us updated.

PS: Nice to see you here and congrats on the new little one!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sarita!!
35.gif

Awesome to see you again!! It''s funny because I was just mentioning that Jill Soloway piece about Diamonds to my friend the other day. LOL!

I thought I recognized your beautiful EC in the other topic yesterday..glad to know I''m not completely nutty (just 99 percent). I did change out the diamond from the Sepkus and replaced it with a garnet. I went crawling back to the ''Tiffany'' (six prong this time) but I''m now fed up w/it and seeking yet another home for the 1ct. I don''t wear it much anymore and would like to get it back in circ.(it was basically usurped by my so-called RHR in avatar,,now left-hand)

38.gif
37.gif

I''m not totally sold on the e14k but it has many of the elements I''m seeking.

I like some bezels but the ones i''ve found so far are just too sleek & modern-looking.

I hope you''ll be posting here often too! I''ve always enjoyed and identified w/ many of your posts at DT!

Thanks for the well-wishes S!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I don''t have a lot of time for the boards but thought I''d post the final result(PS duty & all, right?! LOL). I do like it(it''s not total *love* but the diamond''s well-protected and safe to wear with the baby). However it''s prob not a ''permanent resting place'' for the 1.08. I think it''s destined for future trade-in or earrings.
27.gif

Will catch up soon!
35.gif

-k

pic 1 of 3

e14k1.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
2 of 3

e14k2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
3 of 3
37.gif
35.gif

e14k3.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the antique look of your ring!! It''s beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty lovelies you have. Thank you for sharing them with us.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results