shape
carat
color
clarity

Katrina & AGBF -- The Wire Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here tis. I hope this is what you saw, Katrina. Forgive my poor photography skills.
2ee9412c.jpg

692e41d9.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying one last time from my computer which means the pics will be fuzzy. Crap.

cba.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more.

cbb.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl I like it

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Wow Matata. That''s very unique and really pretty.
30.gif

Matata WINS!! ............................. Photobucket sulks away in defeat.
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata,

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble. I think that ring is great. I love its lines! That belongs to one of your co-workers, right? Do you know who designed it? Was it she or a local jeweler or some big name? Does anyone know (now that we can see the ring) whether this is a design made popular by a specific jewelry designer?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know how this will turn out, but I tried to make the image sharper.

MatataWireRing.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an attempt at sharpening the other photo.

matring.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, the ring was made at Matrix Jewelers in Ashland, Oregon. The goldsmith is R. Troutman (sorry, his first name isn''t in the phone book); (541) 482-7976. He makes a good portion of the stuff in the store. I''ve never spoken to him but I have watched him work a few times as I go in periodically to smudge up his display cases. He is very popular here because of the uniqueness of some of his pieces and the quality of his craftsmanship.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
I was browsing jewelry sites and just happened to run across this one with a designed named Jude Francis - thought I''d throw my hat in the ring to see if this is familiar, too.
1.gif

image_01.jpg

from http://www.simonjewelers.com

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
call me crazy, but i''m really liking those!!!
emsmilep.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2005 5:54:49 PM
Author: Addlepated
I was browsing jewelry sites and just happened to run across this one with a designed named Jude Francis - thought I''d throw my hat in the ring to see if this is familiar, too.
1.gif

Thank you for posting these pictures. Doesn''t anyone know a term to describe jewelry like this? There *has* to be one!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I found this on the cartier web site it says thet the stone "delicately rests in a geometrical cradle" I hope this helps

Cartier Green Jade.jpg

outlander

Rough_Rock
Author: Addlepated
1.gif

image_01.jpg

from http://www.simonjewelers.com
Those rings are sooooooo unique! I want one! (or two, or three!)

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/16/2005 1:28:21 AM
Author: Outlander
Those rings are sooooooo unique! I want one! (or two, or three!)

I guess they would be a good way to display a gemstone that had a good color but bad inclusions in the middle or something. I wouldn''t want to cover up a really nice one, though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kaylagee posted a picture of a ring in a thread about colored gold. I thought its picture belonged in this thread, too!

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kaylagee posted these pictures of her ring in a thread on jewelry pieces made in different colors of gold. I instantly thought of this thread and thought we should add her ring to the collection here! It made me think of a medieval princess :).

Deb

kaylageesring.jpeg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Matata! Sorry it took me so long to catch this one - I wasn''t checking colored gemstones for a while after the other thread died down. Your friends ring is very cool!

And thanks to you too, Addlepated, those rings are really exquisite!

All of those rings posted are definitely like what I saw a few places - of course all of the designs are a little different, but that would be the same style for sure! There seems to be enough of it going on that there must be a name for it!

Nice to have some pictures of the style to save to the old hard drive for future reference!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this look familiar !!
23.gif

catphoto.jpg

You'd say someone plagiarized Kayla's ring... only this one is one or two generations older! (take a look
1.gif
)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came across this in my travels today. What do you think?

Rings

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2005 1:15:18 PM
Author: AGBF
I came across this in my travels today. What do you think?

Rings
the link goes to the homepage.....is this the ring you are referring to?

rosegoldwrap.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you! I lost my 'net connection while trying to give everyone instructions on how to find that picture because I couldn't copy it! Verizon is apparently digging here to put in cable lines and it cut into the existing cable lines!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results