shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes engaged to Tom...here is the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 12:10:16 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
The irony of Christianity, Judaism and Islam is that we all worship the same God--the God of Abraham...and yet everyday thousands die in the name of these reliogions. But i digress.
2.gif
Alhtough I am no expert, these religions and other major religions like Hindu and Buddhism, are rooted in thousands of years of tradition and inherent beliefs that are strikingly similar when you strip away all the manmade stuff. Scientology sounds to me like a bunch of made-up, pseudo-psychological jargon for egomanical narcissists with too much time and money like Cruise.
14.gif

Agreed.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
My mom was freaking out about this since I am getting married in Toledo. She said, "What if they get married in Toledo since its Katie''s hometown...on October 15th! The streets will be blocked, there will be media frenzy, your guests may choose to go to their wedding instead of yours..."
33.gif

I think my mom''s lost her mind in MY wedding madness! LOL

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
What this all comes down to is that regardless of what religion you choose to affiliate yourself with, please do not discredit others.

If I wanted information on Scientology or any religion, I certainly would not look to my own religion (assuming I have one) to get their spin on it. Go to a unbiased source and decide for yourself.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 10:49:26 PM
Author: Stretch4
What this all comes down to is that regardless of what religion you choose to affiliate yourself with, please do not discredit others.

If I wanted information on Scientology or any religion, I certainly would not look to my own religion (assuming I have one) to get their spin on it. Go to a unbiased source and decide for yourself.
Agreed.

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
I think the whole scientology thing is nuts (but that''s just me personally - factor in the aliens and you lose all credit with me), but I am a big Tom Cruise fan and both he and Katie Holmes make a mighty purty couple to look at. If they''re happy, I wish them all the best.

I''m a big John Travolta fan too. See, all the cute ones are crazy...

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I heard John Travolta say one time that Scientology is not a religion and that it was a "way of life." Also, religious experts call it a cult. My DH is currently reading a book on cults and there''s a lot more to it than has been said here. L. Ron Hubbard did say about 4 years before he came up with this group that the way to get wealthy was to start your own religion, so there''s a lot of doubt of his sincerity and Scientolgy discredits itself.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
On another note... PLEASE tell me she doesn''t have pink melee!

I just ordered my new setting with a halo of pink diamond melee.

Ugh... I can see it now. "KittenKat, your ring is just like Katie''s!"

emsmileo.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 5:57:07 AM
Author: Momoftwo
I heard John Travolta say one time that Scientology is not a religion and that it was a ''way of life.'' Also, religious experts call it a cult. My DH is currently reading a book on cults and there''s a lot more to it than has been said here. L. Ron Hubbard did say about 4 years before he came up with this group that the way to get wealthy was to start your own religion, so there''s a lot of doubt of his sincerity and Scientolgy discredits itself.
Has Charles Manson been brought up in the book your DH is reading? He was a scientologist.
6.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 1:41:59 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 6/20/2005 5:57:07 AM
Author: Momoftwo
I heard John Travolta say one time that Scientology is not a religion and that it was a ''way of life.'' Also, religious experts call it a cult. My DH is currently reading a book on cults and there''s a lot more to it than has been said here. L. Ron Hubbard did say about 4 years before he came up with this group that the way to get wealthy was to start your own religion, so there''s a lot of doubt of his sincerity and Scientolgy discredits itself.
Has Charles Manson been brought up in the book your DH is reading? He was a scientologist.
6.gif
I don''t know. It talks about the cults, not necessarily who belongs to them. It''s a compilation of info on several cults.

Charles Manson is not anyone that any sane group would want to claim.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Here's Another Picture for those of you who are curious - Try to ignore the nauseating kiss.

Katie H Ring Frontal.jpg

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Another.

Katie Another.jpg

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Nice closeup shots! Thanks MarLoRey!

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Looks like an Oval Right? Any Guesses on Carat Weight?

Yet Another Pic.jpg

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
I wanted us obsessive PScopers to get a good look at it.
Celebs should just send out press photos of it to us.
31.gif

and Another Katie Ring picture.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dunno if this was posted or not, but while in the express line at the grocery store I peeked inside People weekly and Neil Lane or Fred Leighton (I can''t remember which "jeweler to the stars" it was) said the ring was a 5 ct oval. We can clearly see the oval in the pics now, but it is thought to be a "5 ct, age appropriate ring." That was cracking me up, "age appropriate"....like their relationship...right? LOL. It''s not even that I care about the age difference...I''m sure lots of people have relationships like that and they are blissfully happy. But God - I just can''t stand Tom Cruise right now...the ring however...I''ll take.
9.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Okay one last one.
9.gif

It's in focus and quite clear, but not quite close enough.
I love getty images, the only problem is the logo dead center, often in the way.

How'd I do?
26.gif

Last Katie H.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
Here are some more pics:

KatieERing1.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
And some more pics:

KatieERing2.jpg

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
I couldn''t resist.
I like the ring, it''s very fashionable, delicate halo, split prongs, it''s very now.
Do you think she''ll get to keep it once this stunt is over?

Katie This one is really good..jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
The more I see the ring, the more I like it. Here are some photos from different angles:

KatieERing3.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
More...

KatieERing4.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
More...

KatieERing5.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
Still more...

KatieERing6.jpg

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
Last one...

KatieERing7.jpg

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for adding Purple Passion. Three of the pics you posted were already on the thread - You found some great new ones however!

Why do you think they chose the Rose gold and the Pink(?) Melee? Is the stone faint pink? It looks like it could be. - Any ideas?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 71px">Date: 6/24/2005 2:58:59 PM
Author: MarLoRey

Why do you think they chose the Rose gold and the Pink(?) Melee? Is the stone faint pink? It looks like it could be. - Any ideas?
.....Probably because the thetans told him too. All the aliens are wearing pink these days.
11.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2005 3:02:49 PM
Author: blueroses

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 71px">Date: 6/24/2005 2:58:59 PM
Author: MarLoRey

.....Probably because the thetans told him too. All the aliens are wearing pink these days.
11.gif
AH HAHAHAAHAAHAAA!!!! you crack me up.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results