shape
carat
color
clarity

Kashmir blue sapphire buyer needed??

Shamu

Rough_Rock
Hi!!!
Best place for buying and selling of Kashmiri Blue Sapphire??

Hello there - You can post it in the "preloved" area of this forum, as long as you are not a retailer, but the actual sale would have to take place on a separate platform. I would suggest Loupe Troop, 1stDibs, and Etsy. Good luck!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the above suggestions. :))

FWIW, I'd also be sure it has a Platinum Report from AGS in New York.
If it doesn't have one already I'd call AGS to get one.

I believe that that to be the most reputable document to justify the appropriate price for these very rare and fine gems.
As a buyer AGS Platinum is the only document that would get me to open my wallet for what claims to be a Kashmir sapphire.

This is true even if I'm buying it from the most reputable jeweler on the planet as vendor self-grading carries an inherent conflict of interest, but the AGS Platinum Report is especially important if I'm buying from a private party.
Then, to ensure the stone matches the report, the gem would have to be sent to an independent appraiser, such as one on Pricescope's list: https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers?searchby=name&searchvalue=
Then that appraiser would act as an escrow service who sends the funds and the stone after verifying everything is copacetic.

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with the above suggestions. :))

FWIW, I'd also be sure it has a Platinum Report from AGS in New York.
If it doesn't have one already I'd call AGS to get one.

I believe that that to be the most reputable document to justify the appropriate price for these very rare and fine gems.
As a buyer AGS Platinum is the only document that would get me to open my wallet for what claims to be a Kashmir sapphire.

This is true even if I'm buying it from the most reputable jeweler on the planet as vendor self-grading carries an inherent conflict of interest, but the AGS Platinum Report is especially important if I'm buying from a private party.
Then, to ensure the stone matches the report, the gem would have to be sent to an independent appraiser, such as one on Pricescope's list: https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers?searchby=name&searchvalue=
Then that appraiser would act as an escrow service who sends the funds and the stone after verifying everything is copacetic.

Just asking, as I own 3 Kashmirs and never had I tried to sell…but know it could happen…I looked up AGS Platinum reports, and they seem to be only for diamonds? Could you clarify?
thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he means AGL Prestige.

Edit - what pokerface said.

I personally would also trust SSEF, Gubelin, GRS, and C Dunaigre.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was mistaken.
Thank you for the corrections.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results