shape
carat
color
clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve posted in forums before that had a "Karma" meter. Essentially where underneath an avatar, it will have a place where you can give the poster "thumbs up" or "thumbs down", and it logs who rated who what, and you can only rate each person once each day. And it shows the thumbs up and thumbs down with their avatar...

Just a thought.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It souds like a popularity contest. Do we really need that?

AGBF
34.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see your point Deb, but I think it would be a useful tool for Ali and Andrey, because then they could keep a better eye on the troublemaker type people and threads that get out of control if they don''t get reported immediately.

Often with this option, posters take it seriously because there are limits on it. If posters start to abuse it, they are often of the troublemaker type.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 12:18:14 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I see your point Deb, but I think it would be a useful tool for Ali and Andrey, because then they could keep a better eye on the troublemaker type people and threads that get out of control if they don''t get reported immediately.

Often with this option, posters take it seriously because there are limits on it. If posters start to abuse it, they are often of the troublemaker type.
Ack, no Freke, I am not a fan of this idea at all!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 3:23:40 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Ditto!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 12:59:53 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Ditto!

Thritto.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Not a fan either, I have to deal enough with this kind of stuff in the real world. I come here to get away from that.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 7:23:06 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Date: 8/23/2009 12:59:53 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Ditto!

Thritto.
+1. I think this could start off as a great idea, but end up creating a lot more harm than good. As AGBF said, it sounds a bit more like a popularity contest than actually policing the boards.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
No! No! No! No! Think of all the newbies that come on here with their tender, baby-soft emotional skin. People who have never encountered a forum before ... people who are not used to frank advice of any kind. The types who come & go quickly ... They could go crazy on even the most moderate PS regular. Maybe some of you haven't been around for SUPER PSYCHO attacks that some unstable sorts have perpetrated around here -- and then quickly moderated. Well I HAVE been around for those (and been the victim of a few).

Fortunately I believe in *natural* karma ... so there's no need for an easily abused toy version for spineless, gutless, backstabbing cyber bullies.
11.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Seriously?

You suggest this as though YOU have never had a day on PS that would have garnered you a ''thumbs down''. C''mon. You stepped in a ''big pile'' just the other day. I''m not pointing fingers; I''ve had my fair share of ''hoof in mouth'' disease myself.

And I think Ali and Co. are fully capable of deciding for themselves who needs a bit of monitoring/editing/nixing. Your biased opinion would be wholly unneccessary.

Haven''t we all outgrown tattling?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, goodness, I''d surely hate to ever see this happen here.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2009 8:04:17 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, goodness, I''d surely hate to ever see this happen here.

2nd... I belong to a forum that does have Karma, and it is not a good thing IMO. PLEASE don''t do it here.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Not a good idea, it creates a new club within the club, HS type... .02

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
... This idea reminds me of my first day at school. It wasn''t good.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I belong to another forum where there was a similar feature, and it caused so much rutkus and fighting among members, it was an absolute nightmare. People also abused it. The moderator ended up dropping the feature and all was well again. You know, there's really no need for it. I think the mods can figure out who causes trouble and those who are respectful of others. Besides, if there was a troublemaker, that's what the contact form for the moderators is for.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like this idea even a teeny tiny bit. If someone feels so strongly against a post I''ve made they should speak up and say something, not make an anonymous ''click'' to dislike and tarnish my profile. Negativity and "popularity contests" are not even close to what Pricescope is about and I would hate to see it turned in to such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results