carat
color
clarity

Kamala Harris' pearl necklace VP debate

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find @PeterPan681 !!

That second pic in the product page is just so hideous.... With that kind of margin margin on the necklace they should at least bei able to hire hire a photographer and not rely on Selfies!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have just browsed the rest of the site, some gorgeous one off pieces but my, the prices are eye watering!

:kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely ridiculous prices on all of their offerings. $770 for the charm below. What???

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely ridiculous prices on all of their offerings.

Agree. Just because someone has money doesn’t mean they should over pay. But I guess one’s mileage varies and yada yada yada. Haha sorry I couldn’t resist. @YadaYadaYada I love your screen name but it makes it harder to use in other convo lol. :)

I’d rather spend wisely and use extra discretionary funds to support worthy causes. ❤️

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Have just browsed the rest of the site, some gorgeous one off pieces but my, the prices are eye watering!

:kiss2:

i love the gumball cuff! so fun!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Completely ridiculous prices on all of their offerings. $770 for the charm below. What???

yes, this simple charm is quite pricey. im wondering for that price if it is hand forged rather than cast ...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, this simple charm is quite pricey. im wondering for that price if it is hand forged rather than cast ...

That thing is just punched out of 18k sheet. And it is pretty small, too.
I am an amateur silversmith, and I could make one of those in an hour. I can get 18k sheet at the local supply shop. And mine would be considered hand forged.
Notice that they don't give you gram weight or measurements, either.
At today's gold price, I am guessing this heart contains about $60 worth of 18k.

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I am an amateur silversmith, and I could make one of those in an hour. I can get 18k sheet at the local supply shop. And mine would be considered hand forged.
At today's gold price, I am guessing this heart contains about $60 worth of 18k.

oh wow, that's good to know. just punched out of 18k sheet huh... now that you mention it, the edges don't appear nicely finished. material at $60 retailing at $770:roll: no dimensions or specifics, otherwise savvy people will be able to "do the math" ...thank you for the insight!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That second pic in the product page is just so hideous.... With that kind of margin margin on the necklace they should at least bei able to hire hire a photographer and not rely on Selfies!!

Hahaha, re selfies vs professional photography. I've noticed a ton of companies using selfies now on their sites and campaigns. Not sure if it's just the aesthetic now, influenced by influencer culture, or what.

When I first saw this thread I figured the designer was indeed Irene Neuwirth because that's one Kamala has worn before, but I didn't go so far as to search for it on the IN site. Glad someone else did and confirmed my assumption!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prices are so crazy. Is the designer well known? I mean, I guess she can command these prices???

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
The prices are so crazy. Is the designer well known? I mean, I guess she can command these prices???

she's fairly well known. but probably not in the global sense like the premier jewelry designers. when barneys new york was around she was featured in the fine jewelry department. she is also featured in the precious jewels salon at neiman marcus. i don't know if her jewelry is there anymore as neiman marcus is in bankruptcy.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m presuming that KH would not be buying something like this, maybe it’s on loan? Is she very wealthy?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that’s interesting, maybe she did buy it!

Yes, maybe. From past experience most politicians are/get wealthy on their own. Their political careers are a stepping stone allowing them to make so much money from other deals. Such as book deals, speaking engagements etc. As an example, Barack Obama is quite wealthy. And here you can see how he made his money.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 4.52.35 AM.png

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

i see your point. and i agree:)

the second image was in their instagram feed. this type of candid aesthetic is how merchants sell on insta instead of a more polished, finished look.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, maybe. From past experience most politicians are/get wealthy on their own. Their political careers are a stepping stone allowing them to make so much money from other deals. Such as book deals, speaking engagements etc. As an example, Barack Obama is quite wealthy. And here you can see how he made his money.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 4.52.35 AM.png

I kind of don’t mind Obama making some cash now, but I do think politicians who are in office should represent the “little people” and at least act a bit modest!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow !
That's some profit margin

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the necklace. It took me about 2 weeks to find it. Thrilled when I found it.:mrgreen2:
Bummed about the price ! Oh well. $26,440 :naughty:
It is a beautiful piece !

OMG ! :-o
NZ $42,941 + $9078.91 tax
That's more than my yearly income two years ago when i was working

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results