shape
carat
color
clarity

JW's Gem Scoop June 2020

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Subscribers to Jeff's Gem Scoop would have received his mail drop yesterday, featuring some of the roughs he currently has in his inventory.

I am very tempted by the darker colour copper bearing Tourmaline when I first saw the pic of some of his Tucson haul this year, however I had already committed to purchase 3 other stones, so it was out of my reach at this moment in time.

Is anyone getting anything from him? Do tell!

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ho, I am weak and have already broken my own promise about no more CS this year by purchasing the OEC blue Zircon from another PSer, so I may as well reach out to Jeff to enquire if any of the blue Zircon or Chrysoberyls would be suitable for his signature Asscher cut, as I would dearly love to have a windmill from him! :kiss2:

Please, could someone buy that darker colour cuprian Tourmaline before I caved in? :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 Gosh I am tempted! There is some fab rough there. Just can't stretch to it at all as I have just picked up a lovely 1.5ct demantoid! :mrgreen2:

The Aquas are too blue for me and I prefer a touch of green in Aquas, otherwise I would have bought one too! :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want one of his aqua, I looooove blue! I already sent him an e-mail yesterday morning but got no answer:cry:

He is a busy boy!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I am *obsessed* with the rubellites. They're such a rich deep red color <3

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I am *obsessed* with the rubellites. They're such a rich deep red color <3

I love them too, tourmaline is my birthstone. But my priority is aqua. I wish I was rich!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I inquired about aqua and zircon. I love blues! I ended up telling him to go ahead with the zircon.:kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He responded! He is indeed busy answering all e-mails and sorting his rough!

He has commented going to Tucson is like a kid in a candy store.

If I can get a blue Zircon and/or a Chrysoberyl in Asscher cut, then I may drop my plan to get a blue Sapphire from him and save some money in the process!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I inquired about aqua and zircon. I love blues! I ended up telling him to go ahead with the zircon.:kiss2:

Way to go!

Looking forward to see the finished stone. Which shape and cutting are you having please?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which shape and cutting are you having please?

I usually tell him to do whatever he thinks is best. I already have round blue zircons, and I don't know what would show off the sparkle and bling.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually tell him to do whatever he thinks is best. I already have round blue zircons, and I don't know what would show off the sparkle and bling.

That's what I usually do too, as he knows his craft and stones best!

I informed him that there is only one cut I don't like which is chequerboard.

I would love a windmill or two from him!!!

DK :lol-2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 fess up, what are you getting?

DK :lol-2:

I didn’t get the email!! :eek2:
I’m on his email list and his text list but I’ve got nothing. Any chance you would send me the link? Pretty please.

You could use my LT link here.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t get the email!! :eek2:
I’m on his email list and his text list but I’ve got nothing. Any chance you would send me the link? Pretty please.

You could use my LT link here.

Done!

DK :Up_to_something:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re the best! Thank you so much. :love:

Just don't blame me for leading you down the rabbit hole! :lol-2:

BTW, I believe Gem Scoop is a separate subscription and distribution list, therefore, it is worth checking to make sure you are on that distribution list! ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting a windmill in blue Zircon, yippee! :appl:

Sadly the Chrysos are not suitable for Asscher cut, however I have asked if any of them is suitable for an OEC. :Up_to_something:

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting an emerald cut aqua in Santa Maria blue!!!!!!!:mrgreen2:

Excellent, looking forward to see your finished stone!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent, looking forward to see your finished stone!

In late August or early September according to Jeff. I just saw your amazing aqua from Jeff as well as 2 smaller morganites cut by him also, I had been reading some older threads from 2018-2019 and found your comment to somebody's thread containing Jeff's pictures. Will I have such a masterfully cut stone too?:drool: Can't believe in my luck! Mine will have some minor inclusions but it is OK with me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the paraibas and promptly closed the browser window....lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia I am 100% certain you will get a well-cut stone from Jeff.

And thanks for the kind words.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roughs secured for the blue Zircon and a couple of his old stock pink Spinels for a Theo Fennell inspired bombé ring similar to my Richard Homer Amethyst.

The blue Zircon rough should yield an Asscher around 8mm, and the pink Spinels about 4mm in step cut trillions.

The quick photo was taken using his cell/mobile phone and not staged (posted with his permission), and I like the combination!

20200629_204006_crop_66.jpg

Here is a pic of my RH concave cut Amethyst ring with step cut trillions sky blue Topaz from Dough Menadue.

IMAG1844.jpg

DK :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Roughs secured for the blue Zircon and a couple of his old stock pink Spinels for a Theo Fennell inspired bombé ring similar to my Richard Homer Amethyst.

The blue Zircon rough should yield an Asscher around 8mm, and the pink Spinels about 4mm in step cut trillions.

The quick photo was taken using his cell/mobile phone and not staged (posted with his permission), and I like the combination!

20200629_204006_crop_66.jpg

Here is a pic of my RH concave cut Amethyst ring with step cut trillions sky blue Topaz from Dough Menadue.

IMAG1844.jpg

DK :kiss2:

Great color combination, I love pink combined with blue or green! I also love your ring a lot. Do you know what the geographic origin of your amethyst is? This conclave cut really works for the amethyst.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results