shape
carat
color
clarity

Justifying an expensive non-jewellery purchase

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Poodles4me that bag is beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love: I just love the colour! It looks so happy! :)

Momhappy, because I'm not really familiar enough with the brand to be able to spot fakes, I would rather avoid resellers. I would hate to spend all that money to be duped. :( I also think I want the store experience. :) I feel the store experience and peace of mind are worth paying full price. :)

Gypsy, I think I will! :sun: The hubs says I should go for it, he's just surprised I want a non-jewellery item! :lol:

JaneSmith, I know! :lol: My battery is always running low. ALWAYS. :D Victoria Falls is only two short flights away, so I could actually go any time - we even have friends who live in Livingstone - but something always comes up, y'know? Have you been? Did you enjoy it? I hope there was water when you went! :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I agree with you, trekkie. The store experience is definitely a fun part of the process. I only threw it out there because you were having trouble justifying the purchase and I thought maybe spending less could help.
What color are you thinking? Let us know what you decide =)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Trekkie|1463726138|4033902 said:
JaneSmith, I know! :lol: My battery is always running low. ALWAYS. :D Victoria Falls is only two short flights away, so I could actually go any time - we even have friends who live in Livingstone - but something always comes up, y'know? Have you been? Did you enjoy it? I hope there was water when you went! :)

You really must go, especially if you've friends there and a place to stay.

Hubby and I went years ago as part of one of those overland safari truck tours. Great fun for the most part. Vic falls was spectacular, even at the end of the dry season, although with a lot of the water on the Zambia side diverted for hydro power, the first part of it really was down to a trickle. Boo hoo. But, the Zimbabwe side was full bore 'smoke that thunders', and it was actually quite cool to see the rockface and the gorges and vegetation below.
I have a nice big teak hippo in my lounge now, thanks to the tourist-trap market by the falls. I probably paid too much but I love it and I hope some of the cash made it to the artist.
The next day we did a day trip to Zim to see a lion cub rescue outfit and go walking with lions. 'Teenager' lions who had been raised by humans, so I even walked along holding ones tail for a bit. No wee ones to snuggle though, which is what I was hoping for, but to pat and walk with these bigger ones - fantastic!
All up, we did four weeks tenting around the southern countries, then a week on our own in Cape Town (love), and two weeks in Egypt in hotels. I can't wait to do it all again with my daughter when she's older!

And by the way, I want one of those wallets now too. Dreamy. :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy, I'm thinking of the graphite and potiron! It is gorgeous! I love the contrast! But I'll have to see what they have in store and what speaks to me on the day. :)

JaneSmith! I'm so pleased you enjoyed Cape Town! It's my husband's hometown and my all time favourite city! Yes, we definitely need to make a plan to get to Vic Falls and you need to get that wallet! :) It sounds like you had a wonderful experience! I hope you will come back to Africa one day soon and get to share it with your daughter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results