shape
carat
color
clarity

Just won this auction for my umbalite - phew!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I bid a little higher than I originally intended to, but hopefully it will be a nice match for my umbalite.

ETA: and maybe it won't come with the giant piece of lint hanging off the left side!

LOGR 8mm .88tcw.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's a lot of diamond weight on that piece. Lucky you!!
36.gif
I think your umbalite will be stunning in there.

I hope he doesn't charge extra for the lint!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL - hope you''re feeling better! I know, I''m keeping my fingers crossed that all those diamonds will look good!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a quick pic of the umbalite:

umbalite for LOGR.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 10:42:40 PM
Author: cellentani
Thanks TL - hope you''re feeling better! I know, I''m keeping my fingers crossed that all those diamonds will look good!
Yes, because it doesn''t look like you would need to upgrade at all. Thanks for the well wishes, I''m feeling much better.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:43:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Yes, because it doesn''t look like you would need to upgrade at all. Thanks for the well wishes, I''m feeling much better.
Really?? You don''t think I should upgrade? I just can''t tell these things.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 10:45:23 PM

Date: 6/23/2009 10:43:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Thanks TL - hope you're feeling better! I know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all those diamonds will look good!
Yes, because it doesn't look like you would need to upgrade at all. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm feeling much better.
Really?? You don't think I should upgrade? I just can't tell these things.
Well, there's always the risk that it won't look like the picture, but if that's the exact ring he's sending, the diamonds look great. It would be a lot extra to upgrade at $249/ct and that's .88 carats.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That is a cool setting...I have not really paid much attention to settings or mounts or whatever until reading all the post on here. there is some real cool stuff. the settings plays a very important role in displaying your gem. i never knew how important it was until jumping on the bandwagon here. Seen some awesome ones so far...a little here a little there and I will pick up some good info from you folks. thanks oh yea to reiterate I think that setting is beautiful. I thought the lint was on my screen

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just sent him an email asking for clarification because the diamonds on my morganite ring are actually SI to I quality - and that''s after upgrading. I should have complained, but they were so bright and sparkly I just let it go. Now I''m torn about what to do. It would be nice to not have to pay the upgrade...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I thought the lint was on my monitor too. Those are good sized diamonds in a LOGR setting; I think this is the first I''ve seen that are this large. The picture shows them as quite clean and clear too but who knows, maybe it''s just a stock picture.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks amethystguy and Chrono. LOL about the lint - I swear, half of his settings have some scraggly piece of lint caught in the prongs!

I''m sure this is a stock photo - he''s had several auctions for this same ring. In fact, I''m sure all his auctions have stock photos, because they''re always the same.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! I was bidding against you.

Lovely setting!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting and your stone will look gorgeous in it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gonna look lovely.

I have the opposite problem you do though. I bid on a setting and I''m HOPING someone will out bid me. Another impulse bid.
38.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I thought another PSer has this setting too. It is really very beautiful.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thats Going to be perfect!
I can't wait to see it set!
yet again-- I LOVE your style
2.gif

Maybe the photo's are taken my kitties? hence all ther lint? welll ya never know?
20.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:38:26 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Yikes! I was bidding against you.

Lovely setting!
Dang Charmy - you were the one who kept ratcheting up my bid??!! I thought there was no way it would go that high, and in the back of my mind, I kept thinking there was some crazy PSer out there with me! Don't feel bad though, you'll probably get one next week for much less (and then I'll be really jealous). Hey, if it were you Charmy, would you upgrade the diamonds? I'm still deciding.

And what stone were you going to put in the setting? I'm always curious about what people put together.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:58:42 AM
Author: Gypsy

I have the opposite problem you do though. I bid on a setting and I''m HOPING someone will out bid me. Another impulse bid.
38.gif
Gypsy, I know what you mean - I do those impulse bids sometimes. And even when I do bid in earnest, I always have a little "OMG, what have I done!" moment.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its gorgeous! and your umba is just going to look spectacular!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 9:52:16 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 12:58:42 AM
Author: Gypsy

38.gif
Gypsy, I know what you mean - I do those impulse bids sometimes. And even when I do bid in earnest, I always have a little ''OMG, what have I done!'' moment.
lol... so me too!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda W - I''m keeping my fingers that my stone will fit okay.

Blinky - I''m glad you like the setting. Your jewelry style is right up my alley, so that means a lot!

D&T - thanks for your comments, I can''t wait to get this put together. I don''t know how people can keep gorgeous gems laying around - it bugs me when they''re not set.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:00:50 AM

Blinky - I''m glad you like the setting. Your jewelry style is right up my alley, so that means a lot!

D&T - thanks for your comments, I can''t wait to get this put together. I don''t know how people can keep gorgeous gems laying around - it bugs me when they''re not set.
oohh I so want/need to set all of my stones that I purchased all within the last month, but only one will be set
39.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:03:56 AM
Author: D&T

oohh I so want/need to set all of my stones that I purchased all within the last month, but only one will be set
39.gif
Don''t think I haven''t noticed all those stones you''ve been snapping up, I''ve been greeeeeen with envy! So, which stone is the lucky one to be set?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a gorgeous setting! I was bidding on it too, originally, but I didn''t go near that high. Since I already have one setting on the way this week I figured I should pace myself and bowed out early.
23.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:21:29 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 10:03:56 AM

39.gif
Don''t think I haven''t noticed all those stones you''ve been snapping up, I''ve been greeeeeen with envy! So, which stone is the lucky one to be set?
lol... it''ll be done within the next two weeks
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:29:28 AM

31.gif
Okay, I''ll be waiting impatiently. Can''t wait to see what you''ve got up your sleeve!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:33:07 AM

31.gif
Okay, I''ll be waiting impatiently. Can''t wait to see what you''ve got up your sleeve!
Threadjack over... you''re too funny
9.gif
I love all your stones and settings. I''m sooo jealous that you get to set all your stones. For some reason, I have a budget in mind for a setting, then take a detour and buy more gems!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:41:00 AM

31.gif
9.gif
I love all your stones and settings. I''m sooo jealous that you get to set all your stones. For some reason, I have a budget in mind for a setting, then take a detour and buy more gems!
Um, I only had 2 stones viable for settings - not much for someone who hangs out on the CS forum so often. But yeah, I''m already looking at other stones - it''s soooooo addicting!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:46:38 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 10:41:00 AM

31.gif
9.gif
Um, I only had 2 stones viable for settings - not much for someone who hangs out on the CS forum so often. But yeah, I''m already looking at other stones - it''s soooooo addicting!
two set is better than none at all.
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
nice setting! congrats.. it will be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results