shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Under 1 Carat Diamond on a Budget?

marchesa

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm a long time lurker but finally decided to join this forum.

My fiance and I are on a budget but we've been actively researching this forum to see what we can get for our money.

I am looking for a round brilliant stone that's just under a carat to save a bit. I'm willing to go down to 0.9 carat center stone if needed. Other specs would be F-G color, eyeclean SI clarity, excellent cut. The stone will be going into a 3 stone ring setting with 0.4 carat stones on each side.

Would I be able to get something that fits my requirements with a budget of around $4000 for the center stone? Any help would be appreciated!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I just did a quick search on James Allen. You might be able to get a G/SI1 0.8-0.9 for $4000 or a little more.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider going with a H or I ideal cut VS2. It will face up very whet and be eye clean.

Diamond_Girl86

Rough_Rock
Marcy is right. An H or I would allow you to get closer to a 1 carat and save big. Plus rounds under a carat don't show color as easily as other stones. You may even be able to find a j that faces up white and looks great. Good luck!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go down in color to an I. I agree with the others at that size you will hardly notice a difference when it on her hand, but your budget will notice.

Also, you could save a bit by going down in your CTW of the side stones. .3cts on either side would still be very large, and even if you went a bit lower you would still get quite an impact. Take a look at this thread and notice the side stone size

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-girls-with-one-carat-or-less-center-stones.171469/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-girls-with-one-carat-or-less-center-stones.171469/[/URL]

And this, assuming you go with a 90 pointer, which would be about 6.2-6.3 mm if I remember correct, you could get a 4mm stone and it still look nice, which I think would be about a 65% ratio
file_1112.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results