shape
carat
color
clarity

Just saw the space shuttle launch from our back yard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It''s always fun to see....it comes right over our house! Tried to get a shot of it this time to post.

spaceshuttle3.jpg

Oh how cool!!!! Good shot! Can you hear it?

No, it''s not too loud on take off...but when it returns it is a sonic boom! The first time we heard it I thought a bomb went off!

Oh I''m so jealous!

One of my goals is to see the space shuttle landing...

Date: 3/15/2009 8:28:56 PM
Author: steph72276
No, it''s not too loud on take off...but when it returns it is a sonic boom! The first time we heard it I thought a bomb went off!
Those sure are something, huh? I grew up in a town that has an aviation convention every summer and have all different types of aircraft that come. I remember during that week, many times as a kid, hearing sonic booms from the Concord Jet. It would shake the foundation of our house!

Oh Steph, that is soooo cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. I bet you will be teaching your son all about it when the time comes. That''s awesome!!!
36.gif

HI:

Lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent fire shot!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

I had a great view of it from my back yard as well. It''s always so incredible to see.

Wow - what a good shot! How cool is that to see it from your backyard?

Date: 3/15/2009 8:35:47 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh Steph, that is soooo cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. I bet you will be teaching your son all about it when the time comes. That''s awesome!!!
36.gif
Oh yes, he is in the living room with hubby pretending to be an astronaut right now!

Date: 3/15/2009 8:37:21 PM
Author: jazmine
I had a great view of it from my back yard as well. It''s always so incredible to see.
That''s so cool, Jazmine! I think if I remember right you responded to me when I was asking about places to live in Orlando and I think we are in the same town!

Date: 3/15/2009 8:37:59 PM

36.gif
Oh yes, he is in the living room with hubby pretending to be an astronaut right now!
Awwww!!! That''s so fun!!
1.gif

yup, east side Orlando so we have a very nice view

Ooohh that''s so fun! Great shot!

That is so cute about your son! :)

Date: 3/15/2009 8:37:59 PM

36.gif

That is so cool Steph to be able to see that. How cute is your little son. Love it.

Spectacular! How far away from the launch are you and did you hear it?

cool! I''d love to have seen that!

Date: 3/16/2009 4:37:56 AM
Author: klewis
Spectacular! How far away from the launch are you and did you hear it?
We are about 40 minutes or so from the cape. It is not too loud on take off, but really loud upon return!

Aw
36.gif
I miss living in Orlando. I remember moving to Orlando from NY. It was the coolest experience in the world to see the shuttle. That picture is awesome!

Here is another pic we took a few minutes after the shuttle went by. It really lights up the sky for quite a while!

spaceshuttle4.jpg

I remember seeing it on my way home from work. It was one of the best launches I have seen, the colors were so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP