shape
carat
color
clarity

Just saw something terrible...I am a wreck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:33:31 PM
Author: lauralu
I called the police. They said that the incident was taken care of and there was nothing more they needed from me. They could not tell me what they did, if she was found ect. Not even if there were any other callers.

That is all I can do .....

you''ve done absolutely all you can do at this point, lauralu. i''m glad you followed it through - if only for your own peace of mind.

seems odd the police dont want to interview you tho, doesnt it? makes you wonder if corners are being cut somewhere.

this is not your responsibility, tho, and not something you can control. it sounds like you did a lot more than anyone else; i think you were quite brave.

again - well done.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
What you witnessed is so scary, no wonder you are very shaken up. It sounds like you handled it well as it was happening as well as after the fact. It''s a shame they can''t give you any details on how the situation was "handled" - it probably would have helped you move past it. I guess all there''s left to do is hope she''s ok and is getting the help she needs...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry you had to see that. I'm also sorry for her that she didn't get into an ambulance. She should have been checked. Whoever was in the car she fell into was not acting in her best interests. How horrible.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:33:31 PM
I called the police. They said that the incident was taken care of and there was nothing more they needed from me. They could not tell me what they did, if she was found ect. Not even if there were any other callers.

That is all I can do .....

Wow, I understand the privacy issues and all, but I so wish they would have given you more information. Like, we are investigating or something...though the other thought is, they have no real way of identifying who you are in terms of your relation to the incident. So as a standard practice, they wouldn''t want to inadvertently give out information that might put the girl at further risk.

You have done all that you can, and thank god that you did do all that you did.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I wish they could have told me something as well.
Although I would like to believe that since I gave them the license plate #. They probly did catch up with them right away.

Maybe they are not asking me any questions because they found it was intentional on her part ...case closed. No crime committed.

I don''t want to think the Hwy patrol missed something or never did their job as they should have. that would make this so much worse.

Thank You again so very much to eveyrone for your kind words, thoughts and support...It has been very helpful to know people think I did the right thing. I guess it''s only human nature to wish you could have done more, or to think in hind sight of something else you could or should have done.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 9:14:52 PM

I wish they could have told me something as well.
Although I would like to believe that since I gave them the license plate #. They probly did catch up with them right away.

Maybe they are not asking me any questions because they found it was intentional on her part ...case closed. No crime committed.

I don''t want to think the Hwy patrol missed something or never did their job as they should have. that would make this so much worse.

Thank You again so very much to eveyrone for your kind words, thoughts and support...It has been very helpful to know people think I did the right thing. I guess it''s only human nature to wish you could have done more, or to think in hind sight of something else you could or should have done.
Of course it is, but know that you did everything you could in the heat of a horrendous moment. And you should give yourself much credit for that.

We''ll all just pray she''s ok and got the help she needed.

I must say, while I understand the new privacy laws to a certain extent, it''s a sad day indeed when a good samaritan (you) can''t even find out how the person they helped is doing.
38.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I must say, while I understand the new privacy laws to a certain extent, it''s a sad day indeed when a good samaritan (you) can''t even find out how the person they helped is doing.

Yes Ellen I agree. I just want to know she went to a hospital right away...
7.gif
I think that would help me emmensly.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:31:43 AM
Author: whitby_2773
horrific.

but incredibly well handled, lauralu.

well done.
I agree with whitby, it was a horrible accident to witness, but you handled the situation very well.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 8:50:15 AM

Yes Ellen I agree. I just want to know she went to a hospital right away...
7.gif
I think that would help me emmensly.
Ugh... I just found this thread now, but how awful. And that would bother me to no end as well. After seeing what you saw, they could have at least told you the girl was being properly cared for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results