shape
carat
color
clarity

Just purchased two lab-grown diamond online for stud earrings. Where do I go now to get them mounted?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I just purchased two round 1.08 carat lab-grown diamonds for stud earrings. Are there certain online vendors that will put them in mountings? I was looking at some possible Stuller settings, nothing custom. However, I do want screw posts. I live near a town with several jewelers. Are local jewelers usually willing to do this considering I didn't buy the stones from them, or do they frown on this?

Maybe something like this:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most jewellers will set stones bought elsewhere though obviously they do prefer to do the whole thing.
You want a proper jeweller, not a Mall type jewellery shop.
So they will order in, or make, a setting for you plus charge to “mount the diamonds”.
Are you sure about screw posts? I mean, have you used them? I got screw posts for my diamond earrings and they were the bane of my existence especially when I mis screwed one on. Gawd, my poor ear getting it off.
The other secure fitting is the “clutch” fitting.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Screw posts tend to be thicker. I can’t get them through my piercings. I love my La Pousette backs and feel very secure.

You’re requesting a standard order. Shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a jeweler to do it. You’ll likely save money if you don’t ask for a branded settings. Lots of great unbranded stud settings out there.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Great, thank you! I will check around locally then.
My current diamond earrings have screw posts, so that's what I am used to wearing.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most jewelers can get those mounts nhs in whatever color you like and with whatever posts you like. Obviously I can’t quote someone else’s terms and conditions but most I know will be happy for your work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results