shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Purchased My Dream Emerald-Cut Blue Sapphire

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just purchased this sapphire from Daniel O'Neil, whom of which I've admired the work of for quite a while!

He had just posted it only an hour or so on his IG when I messaged him inquiring it's price (which I assumed would be way way out of my range but somehow it was not) & I became even more elated with it's details posted below.

In my mind my collection of colored stones and diamonds will never truly be finished as I keep discovering new gemstones. My goal is make my way through selling my older preloved pieces to owning my dream stone in its dream setting for every gemstone I adore.

This blue sapphire is definitely as good as it gets for me personally when considering my budget and that emerald cut shape. This doesn't mean my blue sapphire dreams are finished, just as far as emerald shapes go it is! ;)2

For my ideal CS it seems as though I prefer them in the 1.5-2.5ct range as some face up smaller, which is definitely true for sapphire! That size also looks the most tasteful on my hand.

Anyways enough of my excited blabber & onto the details & pictures!

Oh also help me decide on a setting that would suit it! I'm thinking either an 18k yg solitaire with intricate engraving/cutouts along the gallery and center-set claws OR bezeled three stone with two 4mm old cut diamonds but it'll be a few months before that happens.

2.03 ct
7.66 x 5.66 x 4.30mm
AGL certified unheated/untreated
Precision Emerald-Cut
Umba Origin

I know color designations are shotty at best & are very subjective but what would you call this color?

Onto the picture that got me!

Screenshot_20210127-131440.png

Simple man-hand shots lol

IMG_20210127_131422_219.jpg IMG_20210127_131419_911.jpg IMG_20210127_131416_949.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! It's incredible! :kiss2:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Just purchased this sapphire from Daniel O'Neil, whom of which I've admired the work of for quite a while!

He had just posted it only an hour or so on his IG when I messaged him inquiring it's price (which I assumed would be way way out of my range but somehow it was not) & I became even more elated with it's details posted below.

In my mind my collection of colored stones and diamonds will never truly be finished as I keep discovering new gemstones. My goal is make my way through selling my older preloved pieces to owning my dream stone in its dream setting for every gemstone I adore.

This blue sapphire is definitely as good as it gets for me personally when considering my budget and that emerald cut shape. This doesn't mean my blue sapphire dreams are finished, just as far as emerald shapes go it is! ;)2

For my ideal CS it seems as though I prefer them in the 1.5-2.5ct range as some face up smaller, which is definitely true for sapphire! That size also looks the most tasteful on my hand.

Anyways enough of my excited blabber & onto the details & pictures!

Oh also help me decide on a setting that would suit it! I'm thinking either an 18k yg solitaire with intricate engraving/cutouts along the gallery and center-set claws OR bezeled three stone with two 4mm old cut diamonds but it'll be a few months before that happens.

2.03 ct
7.66 x 5.66 x 4.30mm
AGL certified unheated/untreated
Precision Emerald-Cut
Umba Origin

I know color designations are shotty at best & are very subjective but what would you call this color?

Onto the picture that got me!

Screenshot_20210127-131440.png

Simple man-hand shots lol

IMG_20210127_131422_219.jpg IMG_20210127_131419_911.jpg IMG_20210127_131416_949.jpg

It’s luminescent. Can’t wait to see how you set it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning. Is it a trick of the lighting, or is it lighter at one end then the other?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning. Is it a trick of the lighting, or is it lighter at one end then the other?

I honestly dont know but will ask! I saw that too but It just might
be lighting and how metallic it looks, like a reflection within the stone!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Kinda thinking about doing an art deco/antique ring inspired by the sapphire ring my mother gave me for my graduation and which was the subject of my very FIRST thread I created here on PS when I was a little PS baby <3

Maybe change it to 18k rose or yellow gold & change the shape of the diamond halo but something inspired by, a little tip of my hat to.

sapphirering11.jpg
sapphirering14.jpg sapphirering5.jpg
sapphirering4.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a lovely inspiration for setting! Although instead of a simple diamond halo I'd go for alternating diamonds and green garnets--your choice of demantoid or tsavorite garnets.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a lovely inspiration for setting! Although instead of a simple diamond halo I'd go for alternating diamonds and green garnets--your choice of demantoid or tsavorite garnets.

haha I had a very similar thought with the green but you know where my mind went....emeraldsssss

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I died and went to sapphire heaven. Crazy about them lately; especially these really good ones and the untreated ones. Love the three stone idea but an antique inspired setting could be even more stunning for this beauty.

Snow White

Rough_Rock
This is really gorgeous!
Emerald cut blue sapphires are my sweet obsession and yours is really really beautifull.
I really look forward to seeing it in a ring.
You can't go wrong with emerald cut and art déco style :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
haha I had a very similar thought with the green but you know where my mind went....emeraldsssss

Lol not surprising, but I said garnet because you're TheGarnetGirl...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! :love:
When will you get it? I'm dying to see your hand pics.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like I said in the other thread, it can't get any better than an emerald cut blue sapphire. At least in my opinion. This is an absolutely gorgeous stone and I love your inspiration setting. I love anything Art Deco.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I died and went to sapphire heaven. Crazy about them lately; especially these really good ones and the untreated ones. Love the three stone idea but an antique inspired setting could be even more stunning for this beauty.

I think PS goes in waves and I used to think we all influenced eachother which is obviously true but sometimes it's also just totally random, maybe what the overall gem world is currently cycling through and selling!
Thank you for your sweet compliments!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This is really gorgeous!
Emerald cut blue sapphires are my sweet obsession and yours is really really beautifull.
I really look forward to seeing it in a ring.
You can't go wrong with emerald cut and art déco style :)

Thank you love! I love emerald/elongated emerald shapes and when I saw this stone it took my breath away!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! :love:
When will you get it? I'm dying to see your hand pics.

Oh I was hoping you'd see it and give me your opinion on her as the fairy of CS! Her clarity, fat emerald cut and color get me all excited haha

& It'll be a little while as I'm doing short layaway on it! So probably a month, although somehow I always pull money out of my butt early so ya never know!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Like I said in the other thread, it can't get any better than an emerald cut blue sapphire. At least in my opinion. This is an absolutely gorgeous stone and I love your inspiration setting. I love anything Art Deco.

Thank you Catmom!!! I'm so delighted that others admire emerald cut sapphires as well!!
❤️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, this sapphire is just gorgeous!! I love the inspiration piece. Congrats on finding this beauty!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous job by Mr O'Neil! This is extraordinary color coming from the Umba River Valley in Tanzania. This is truly a lucky find, congrats!

Thank you so much! His work is truly beautiful & I've admired it for some time. So elated to finally have a piece from him! Also his gem photography is arguably just as swell.

Also, praise coming from any of my PS girls is always a compliment, but from you is especially sweet! Glad others see how special this one is!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl You have such classy, timeless taste in stones! I love watching your collection grow :kiss2:

Did you ever find out the details on that beautiful sapphire ring from your mother?

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So pretty! :kiss2: The color is top notched. A very classy cut.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Saw it, loved it, glad it went to a PSer! Can’t wait to see the finished piece! Emerald cuts are my favorite! I’ve only bought one gem from him so far & the price was very reasonable.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is simply stunning, and the emerald cut just makes it look like planes of blue light. You could pass through them into another dimension! Look forward to your finished ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results