shape
carat
color
clarity

Just pulled the trigger, curious what folks think of this stone

SML56

Rough_Rock
Have bought super ideal stones from BGD in the past, but am very curious (and appreciative) of the cost benefits of MMDs, especially with a PhD in materials science. Just pulled the trigger on this stone, and was wondering what folks thought about it. Basically restricted my search to Table 52-58, Depth 59-61.8, CA 34-35°, PA 40.6-40.9°, and came up with this one that fits the bill nicely with H&A and meeting all criteria, although HCA is 1.6 and VG across the board. A little confused by that.

No obvious internal graining in the video (no still image on website), and now circular arrays of defects from growth start/stops, both of which drive me crazy even though I doubt I would see them There is video on Yadav's website, and the IGI report is attached. Setting will be Pt, 6 prong peg head on pave band with 7 4pt brilliants on each side.

Thanks for opinions- nervous as hell, and not just about the stone, but the intended propose as well. Never thought I'd be doing this again.

-widowed and ready to live again

Attachments

• 432014779.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I love the look of this one in the video. It will not look as nice as your super ideal BGD stones.

SML56

Rough_Rock
Kim,

Curious what you don't like about it? The super ideals were smaller- it was a pair of 0.8ct rounds for earrings, where they really had to announce themselves from behind long, curly hair, but without looking like she was wearing flashlights. They are now put away for my son for one day when he gets married- either as earrings or for a ring.

It's not too late to cancel/change the order. I would definitely go smaller for better cut.

Link to stone: https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/round-diamond-2.31-carat-f-vs2-yd9928255

Do any of these look like better options?

Last edited:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh! So your experience with super ideals is with smaller stones so I don't think you'll be disappointed with a 2ct lab stone even if they aren't super ideals. Unfortunately I can't seem to view the videos without going through the CAPTCHA system each time and I seem to only get the small version.

If you're nervous however, perhaps it's worth going through Distinctive Gems as Rhino can walk you through his lab stone collection. On the other hand, I think Yadav has a good returns policy so maybe bring in the stone that really appeals to you the most and see how you like it in person. HCA is a good guideline but sometimes you just need to have the stone in hand.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The table looks pretty large, and the arrows don't seem very precise.

Can you ask for a photo/video of the 2.08? The 2.15 also looks promising.

SML56

Rough_Rock
The table looks pretty large, and the arrows don't seem very precise.

Can you ask for a photo/video of the 2.08? The 2.15 also looks promising.

Asked for a pic of the 2.08. It had an HCA of 1.2, which *should* be better. The 2.15 has an HCA of 1.4. Both are VG for spread, excellent for everything else. The original was VG across the board. I think as a minimum I’m switching to the 2.15 tomorrow. It’s a much prettier stone and I hadn’t seen it until the folks here told me to keep trying.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good! I agree, the 2.15 looks much more attractive than the original stone.

SML56

Rough_Rock
No photos of the 2.08, and the 2.15 is overseas and crimps the schedule. Ah well. Better to wait for the right stone I think. They had this available, but I don't like the looks of it either. VIDEO

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the look of the new video either. Did they say why they can't get a photo of the 2.08? The numbers are promising on that one.

SML56

Rough_Rock
Finally got a 10x pic of the 2.08. What do folks think? I'm finding it hard to say based on the image, despite the HCA of 1.2:

image.png

And of course the price on the 2.15 appears to have been increased about $600, so that's less attractive now that it's 1.1K more than the 2.08. Based on the numbers, this one should be exceptional, so maybe it's just the picture? Don't see too much in the way of striation in the image either, so that's good.

SML56

Rough_Rock
Not sure why my post of the photo of the 2.08 isn't visible anymore. Anyway, trigger remains unpolled for the moment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results