shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered Tiffany''s sapphire eternity band from SP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited, so I had to share the news with people who understand the jewelry obsession. I have been thinking about getting a channel set sapphire eternity band for a few months, ever since someone here posted an estate eternity band from Trocadero that I loved but was the wrong size. I kept looking at Signed Pieces, Pearlman's, etc. to see if an estate piece would come up in a size 4.5. This weekend, I found a Tiffany's sapphire eternity band in my size at Signed Pieces. I showed it to DH to get his reaction, and he said it was lovely and if it was my size it must be fate and we should order it for my anniversary gift (in Otober). Yay!

I have a plain 2.5 mm platinum wedding band that looks lovely with my solitaire, but I have been wanting something that would give me a change once in a while. Also, my e-ring occasionally gets in my way at work (stone is large, pointy and set high), so I would like to have the option of just wearing a band sometimes (so I still look married) and my plain 2.5 mm band looks ridiculous by itself on my very long finger.

Here is the description and picture from the SP website. I will post hand pics after the ring arrives on Friday.

"Tiffany & Co. palladium eternity band ring with 26 square-cut sapphires. The sapphires are approximately 1.80ct total weight and they are fine quality sapphires. The ring is size 4.5 (it cannot be resized) and it weighs 1.8gr. The ring is 3.0mm wide. The ring is signed "Tiffany & Co.", "950", and, "Pall" and it is in excellent condition."

Tiff Sapphire.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Here is another view:

Tiff Sapphire 2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, fate indeed! You just can''t pass up something like this when you find it in your size. Do we really have to wait until October for hand pics?
11.gif

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Wow Kay - that is something...I''m so happy for you...it sounds like "it was meant to be!"...I can''t wait to see hand pics...
Congrat''s...
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 2:19:01 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh yes, fate indeed! You just can''t pass up something like this when you find it in your size. Do we really have to wait until October for hand pics?
11.gif
I''m not sure he''ll let me start officially wearing it out before October, but I''m pretty sure he''ll let me take pics over the weekend. After all, I have to try it on and make sure I love it during the 30 day return period. (I hope to convince him to let me wear it to the San Diego GTG in 2 weeks. Of course, he usually gives in when I ask nicely.
2.gif
)

I''ve never posted my e-ring & w-ring here because I just got a digital camera recently, and all my attempts to photograph my rings have been pretty bad so far -- even with the macro button. I will have to have a big photo shoot session this weekend.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it''s just gorgeous..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great find, it''s lovely!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That band is going to be just beautiful- I love sapphires, and they happen to be my birthstone too!
emwink.gif

If you ever get bored, you can always buy additional diamond bands to stack with the sapphire one- the possibilities are endless!
Congrats! Cant wait to see the hand pics!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nice find! That ring is going to be beautiful. Don''t forget the hand pics when you get it!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I do feel like "it was meant to be" like Chi said. I just hope the height of the band works with my e-ring.

Part of why I am so happy is that DH was actually enthusiastic about me getting the ring. His eyes usually glaze over when I mention jewelry, so I was a bit hesitant to bring this up. I just showed him the picture and said "look, isn''t this pretty and it''s even in my size," and he said we should order it w/o me even working on him. I think he was interested because it was saphires and not diamonds. He tried to convince me to get a really nice sapphire or emerald for my e-ring instead of a diamond because he thinks diamonds are boring and he hates DeBeers because of their advertising and creation of "artificial scarcity" to drive prices up. The first piece of jewelry he ever gave me was a ring with an oval sapphire surrounded by 8 small diamonds, and he said he chose sapphire because it reminded him of my eyes. (He got big points for that.) So, I am excited he is buying me a ring we both like for our 1st anniversary.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats on a great find.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
YUM! I can't wait to see pictures of it on your hand. I bet you can even take it to your local Tiffany's to get it cleaned and polished up later on when needed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful and a great find! Interesting to see that Tiffany''s is using palladium, too. I''ll be interested to hear how you like it.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 10:55:07 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That is beautiful and a great find! Interesting to see that Tiffany''s is using palladium, too. I''ll be interested to hear how you like it.
I am wondering about the period of the ring because of the palladium. I''ve done a little research, and it seems palladium was popular during WWII because platinum could only be used for military applications during the war. Palladium usage dropped off after the war ended, but seems to be coming back. The ring looks a little more modern than the forties, but it is not a current design shown on the Tiffany''s website. I am curious to see the square cut stones -- I wonder if I can figure out if they are French cut, princess, or something in between.

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
I love the look of sapphires, congratulations on your purchase!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! I always feel that things like that really are meant to be. It may sound corny, but I''m a big believer in little signs. Oh, and the beauty of those sapphires doesn''t hurt either! LOL.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am so bummed! I picked the ring up from Fed Ex last night. When I opened the box and started to pull the ring out, I noticed one of the sapphires was missing. As I was pulling the ring out to get a better look, another stone fell out. I saved the second one that fell out, but searched the box and packing materials and couldn''t find the missing sapphire. I have no idea whether the ring was missing the stone when it was packed or if something happened in transit. Signed Pieces is closed until Monday, so I have to wait to see how they will deal with the problem.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!
39.gif
I was really looking forward to seeing this pretty ring on your hand. Let us know how things go with Signed Pieces.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Oh no!!! I hope everything works out for you!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!! Let us know what SP says tomorrow!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that Kay. I hope SP will do what it takes to fix that ring to your satisfaction. From my experience so far, their customer service has been excellent. Please keep us updated.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow!
30.gif
30.gif
you are so luckey to find such beautiful ring!
I am looking for sapphire eternity ring too.
please post picture when you go it !

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
That''s terrible Kay. I''ve had really good customer service with David at Signed Pieces. Hope it works out for you

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, I hope your problem gets resolved okay. It''s a gorgeous ring and I''d hate for you to be disappointed. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
While I am disappointed about the ring, I must say that the customer service at SP is very good. I just spoke with Isaac, and he was very apologetic that I was sent something that had problems. He offered to have the ring restored or to give me a full refund and reimburse me for shipping. The ring is beautiful, but I didn''t love it enough to go through the hassle of having it restored and then wondering whether it would hold, so I have opted to return it for a refund. So, the search goes on. Based on their customer service, I will keep SP in mind in the future.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Kay, i''m so sorry. very cool that SP was so easy for the refund though
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, that''s too bad. Now you can keep looking for the right thing though.
face1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that. Good luck in the search! However in my dealings with SP they have excellent customer service as you have seen...definitely will be a return customer!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry all this happened, but I''m glad to hear of SP''s great customer service! Good luck with your continuing search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results