shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered a Tension Ring from Gelin Abaci!!!! TR-182

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
Hey Pricescope,

I have used your website on a daily basis for the past two months. Thanks to the many post and feedback from other users, it has made engagement ring shopping much much much easier. I looked at over 600 rings from local stores... thousands if I count online. I fell in love with Tension Setting rings, but because of their rarity, it was difficult to see different angle and pictures besides the computer generated ones. I had come down to two different TS rings from Gelin Abaci, they were the TR-151 and the TR-232. Although I decided to go with a local distributor for my Gelin Abaci ring, I was able to see different angles and pictures online through Mickey Roof, who I recommend to the fullest 5stars in pre-purchase customer service for an online retailer.

Right before I went to make the final purchase, I came across the TR-182 from another online retailer. I was like... WOW! and could not find pictures for the life of me... not even on mickey roof!

I saw a post here from "strawbearlyjamms" called TR-182 Tension Ring Photos and was thrilled. Although he actually got a modified version of the TR-217, I was still very excited to see pictures since they are very similar in design, minus the side stones on the TR-217.

After haggling with a few distributors, I was very happy to see my local NJ GA dealer won and quoted me a few grand under everyone else.

I just came back from giving him the deposit and sending the center stone to California to start the manufacturing process, since every ring is built around the stone.

I did a lot of research on tension settings as I did not trust their quality, strength, and ability to hold a $7000 stone w/o loosing it. After reading many threads and speaking directly with GA and other TS manufactures, and being an engineer myself, I am 100% confident that their quality and strength are as good as prongs. My jeweler showed me a few samples and threw them against the floor, slapped the counter top with one on and nothing.

I'm in the process of waiting the required 10 business days to get the ring back to me. As soon as this happens, I will post pictures from every single angle geometrically possible to help out those who are looking to get a similar ring.

I can say with much confidence, that her ring is going to be the most unique, rare, and beautiful ring anyone she shows it to will see. Not that many TS settings are sold each year in comparison to traditional prongs/bezels, and even less this particular design.

Ok ok ok... let me stop making myself feel great... sorry... but I'm really exited!!! i know its a long post, but, but I'm sure some of you will appreciate it.

reply to this with any questions you may have. I am not an expert, but have done my homework and can probably point you in the right direction.

Here is the original picture I saw before I almost bought the TR-232

tr-182.JPG

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I can''t wait to see handshots!!!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like it is going to be beautiful! Can''t wait to see your real-life photos!
congratulations!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see the ring IRL! Or at least in pictures!! It''s gonna be beautiful! When are you proposing? What are the stats on the ring and the diamonds?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, you're gonna love it.

I have a GI TS ring and it is wonderful to see so much of the diamond I paid for.

I also feel confident on the diamond's security.
Much much more of the diamond is embraced by the metal compared to prongs.

Oh, and those are some incredibly small tulips in that pic.
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love it! Can''t wait to see more pics!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! It looks so delicate I would be afraid of losing a stone, but everything I heard says GA are the BEST!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
Noblewolf, it looks gorgeous. I am interested in getting a tension ring someday myself (possibly Gelin Abaci), so I am always VERY excited whenever new tension pics are added to this forum. Thanks so much for contributing!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Great choice! I too hope to have a Tension set ring someday, we actually went to a local store who carries the GA line and I tried on the ring you choose and it is beautiful, a real stunner!

Looking forward to the handshots! Good luck with your proposal!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful, can''t wait to see your pics!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations
9.gif

That''s such an interesting design, I can''t wait to see pictures of it!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see the final product. It looks like a great ring!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous. That''s one of the prettiest tension settings I''ve ever seen. Ditto everyone else...can''t wait to see pictures IRL.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice! Can''t wait to see real pictures!!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very unique setting.

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
Well... it took a bit longer than expected... but I guess G&A takes Thanksgiving day... or should I say... Week, very seriously! lol

I finally received the ring yesterday, and I had her all over me so I couldn''t really get it out and a takes pictures of it... it was hidden in my spare tire compartment in my car all afternoon...

Today however... I got to take some nice pics...

I guess I didn''t click on the choice to know when someone has replied to my post... I didn''t know so many of you had an interest, so without further a due... Ta ra!!!

DSC010199.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
Here is another angle...

DSC010200.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
Another... lol... I took like 41 different angle...

DSC01013.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
Well... this one has my fingerprints... but it still looks good!

DSC010222.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
yet another view! sorry for the torn glove... just reminded myself I need to buy new ones... but after buying that ring... I'm gonna be even w/o a coat for the winter! Thrift stores... here I come!! lol
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DSC009999.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
One of my favorite views...

But my favorite view is when she''ll say YES and puts in on her finger!!!

DSC0102555.jpg

Noblewolf

Rough_Rock
I can''t wait till she''s wearing it!!

DSC010244.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s more beautiful IRL! Congratulations!
30.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh it's here!!

Beautiful!!! It's even MORE in real life!
30.gif

D

Deactivated member 42515

awwwww you''re so sweet and that ring is sooooo beautiful!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
WOWZA!!!
30.gif
I
30.gif
30.gif
the profile!!! It''s gorgeous!!! You did a great job!!! She''s gonna love it when she sees it!!

On a side note....You can always find great deals for winter coats or gloves at thrift stores! But try not to freeze since you''ll need functioning fingers to slip that beautiful ring on her finger!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! i''ve always had a thing for tension set, but Three stone Tension
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Please come back with her hand shots ...take tons of picture ok! I love to see what it looks like on the finger

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
wow that is awesome, congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is absolutely breathtaking!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! I look forward to your handshots :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results