shape
carat
color
clarity

..Just one more depth question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I just had a little depth question on an oval I am considering. I don''t know how to determine the ideal cut of an oval (although I have looked at the appraisers chart. I find it easier to understand descriptions than concrete categories however - I guess that''s the humanities-student side of me rearing it''s head again...
OK, the specs, as I got them from the GIA sheet (on thing avail.) are:

OVAL
(1.08 ct, E, VS2)
DEPTH: 69.5%
TABLE: 51%
GIRDLE: slightly thick - thick, faceted
MEASUREMENTS: 7.47 x 5.73 x 3.98
SYM/POL: good/good

What do you think of this cut of this oval?

Thanks so much - I love this place! I lurk around all the time...
9.gif

Love Street

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Is it the Cartier diamond??

The numbers look nice... Maybe a bit deep, but still very normal... The girdle, being faceted, should look very nice even if it's thick in some parts...
What about the bowtie?? Is it distinct?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is the chart: http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt2.htm
It will tell you exactly where you diamond is.
Have fun!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
----------------

Is it the Cartier diamond??

----------------

Hahaha - I was hoping no one would notice, and that I would be told that the cut of this diamond is below par, and then I wouldn't feel so attached to that darn ring! (I figured it would be easier to take the emotion out of the process if I asked opinions on the dismembered diamond.. )
9.gif

Bu thanks for your opinion, Giangi - even if you are too smart for me. BTW, I didn't see a bowtie under the store lighting, but they won't let me take the ring out of the store to view it in daylight! (It is in a "maul", though).

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Love Street... You were trying to fool me?? SHAME ON YOU!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
2.gif
2.gif

BTW, the stone sounds lovely and the ring is beautiful as well... I can't understand why they won't let you take the diamond out of the store to view it in daylight!!!!!!?? Maybe they think you could steal it??!!
confused.gif

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
----------------
Maybe they think you could steal it??!!
confused.gif

----------------

I'm sure they do - when they see the lust in my face they can just picture me sprinting through the mall in my four inch strappy sandals, Cartier ring flashing in the distance!
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

It's in one of those snooty boutiques that have different hours from all the other mall stores, and you have to ring a buzzer to be let in by the armed guard...

The fact that they won't let the ring out of the store also means I will have to pay an appraiser to do an on-site appraisal - is that fairly common? The one recommonded by pricescope for my city will do it (for $150/hr).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results