shape
carat
color
clarity

Just moved to San Jose, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
So my FI and I just moved to San Jose, CA from Atlanta, GA for his job. This whole area is totally new to me/us. I was born in Southern CA (Long Beach) but only lived there till I was 5. And my FI has never lived in CA. Some days it feels a little overwhelming to be in a new city and not know how to even get around (I''m so glad I bought a GPS/navigation system though). There are so many things to learn. That is why I''m doing this thread. I''ve noticed a lot of pricescoper''s on here that live in N. CA. There are a couple of things I wanted to ask.... Can you recommend a good hair salon? Nail salon?

And what about cool local bars to go to? or Wine bars? We''ve already found some good restaurants but any other recommendations would really help. We love to try new foods, wines, etc.

I''m sure I''ll think of many more questions!
1.gif
Can''t wait to hear everyone''s responses
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
where are you in SJ? it's the 10th largest city in the US now so it's pretty sprawling!

for my hair i go to campbell which is 10 min or less from SJ depending where you are. it's in the pruneyard, which if you guys have not already checked out you should, it's cute with restaurants and shops...i go there for my hair and also sometimes for trader joes which is in that complex (the closest one to us), and also le boulanger which is yummy for fresh bread and sandwiches.

also for my nails i go to mountain view which is about 10-20 minutes from SJ depending on where you are. i have gone there for years so i keep going there because i love them (i used to live in MV years ago). i also get my waxing done there too.

but for local SJ nails, there's a place that opened up in japantown near downtown that my friend raves about...i don't know the name but it's on jackson. also there is a place kind of near us on meridian that is new and a friend went there and loved it. but i just love my same old awesome place because they know me, they are affordable, and they do the parrafin wax and hot stone massage and it's all included. there's also lejjbelle pedicure which opened up on alameda over near santa clara university and i have been wanting to go but the prices seem really high and honestly i don't need to pay more.

for restaurants i highly recommend using opentable.com to find out new places to try. there are TONS of restaurants around here, depending on where you live and everyone has their favorites. i use OT to make ressies for our favorites a few hours ahead of time and it also gives us ideas for new places and highlights newly added places etc. also we typically don't stay in SJ for eating, we go all over the south bayarea and even into SF.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto re opentable.com as a dining resource.

movies: camera 12 downtown or camera 7 at the pruneyard which Mara already mentioned.

lots of good wine tasting in the santa cruz mountains.

welcome to the area!

movie zombie

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara,

Thanks so much for replying. I''m actually in Japantown and yes there is a really cool looking nail salon here. Haven''t gone there yet though. I totally forgot about Opentable - we used them all the time back in Atlanta. Haven''t been to or heard of the Pruneyard, we''ll definitely have to check that out. Is the Wholefoods in Campbell? I can''t remember - I''ve only been here for 2 weeks but I''ve probably been there at least a half dozen times. Does the nail place you go to do waxing - for eyebrows? I was just in MV the other day too.

We are so excited to be living out here, there is just so much to do.

Thanks movie zombie - its great to be here!

Oh yeah - what about a good car wash? the car got awfully dirty on the car carrier on its way over. I saw one across from WF, has anyone been there?

Of course, I''ve got to start checking out the local jewelers too!
31.gif

And its so great that we are out here because we already planned to get married in Maui so now our flight is a heck of a lot shorter!

Thanks again!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the car wash across from WF is always really popular on wkds so i would imagine they do a good job. there is one on bird avenue right off 280 as well (take 87 from taylor over to 280, get off on bird and it's right on your left about a block down)...

we have friends who live in japantown too, we almost bought over there. we are a few miles over, closer to HP pavilion near alameda. they are putting in a whole foods over on alameda but it won't be done til 2008. also there is going to be a trader joes over at the coleman and taylor new complex (you have been there right? target, petsmart etc)...should be in a few months, can't wait!!

in terms of yummy places to eat...well we have a ton, lol. any specifics? most of them are scattered all over...we tend to like to drive and stuff. and we take the train all over too since we live near it as well, we take it into MV and PA and all over.

the salon i go to in MV is La Monique off castro right behind the TCBY yogurt place...its on the first floor kind of behind that front complex area. next to le boulanger. i love that place. and yes they do waxing...the waxing gal's name there is Ly Van and i can post her # if you want to give her a call and make an appt (or you can call the salon and they can give you her direct #). you can tell i referred you...i have used her for years and she is awesome. she does all types of waxing and also things like facials and light massages but i have only used her for waxing.

and yes the pruneyard is over near where whole foods campbell is...if you drive ea bit more up Bascom (there is a movie theatre in the pruneyard) you will see the pruneyard on your right. there are some chain restaurants in there too, and a borders, a TJ's, a marshalls, my hair salon (lol) and a bunch of small shops like that as well, aka home decor, Trudys bridal etc.

anyhow, welcome and i am sure you will enjoy it here. we are total foodies so we love the variety of types of food and the amazing quality we have out in this area. we love to drive to half moon bay or sf for dinner too. and once it starts getting warmer (hopefully soon and not too much rain!) then it's really fun, lots of outdoor wine and food festivals in all the towns up and down the peninsula are a big hit during the summer months. oh and drive up to santa cruz, capitola, and further down into monterey and carmel, we go there for lunch or dinner sometimes when we want a nice drive.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - thanks for all of the info! I really appreciate it. There is so much to soak in around here. We are currently renting in Japantown but we both really like it so maybe once the lease is up we will buy around here. There are some great condos/townhouses in japantown. We also looked at some places over there by HP too. I can''t wait till that whole foods opens, that will be great. Yeah, I''ve been to that complex on Coleman w/ Target - that''s awesome that they are opening a Trader joes there.

How much does your girl charge for eyebrow waxing? I''m still trying to get use to these prices over here. That was one nice thing about Atlanta, pretty big town but still pretty low prices. Mind if I ask about prices for hair services? Like a cut and partial highlights? I''ll definitely be calling them. I''m sure I can find their # online, don''t worry about posting it.

About food, we love everything. Especially"fusion"/ contemporary food. And sushi. Any cool wine bars/lounges?

We did go to Saratoga and that place is really great They had a really good clothing boutiuqe - Kitsch Couture and we had dinner at a cute little old restaurant, can''t remember the name though.

All of the other stuff you mention that you do when the weather starts warming up sounds like so much fun. We can''t wait to start exploring. Of course I should probably get a job too! hehe. My fi was just in Monterey yesterday (for work) and he said it is beautiful so I can''t wait to check that place out.

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My waxing is like $15 or so once a month. I also get my mani and pedis there and they are $40 I think for both and they do a parrafin wax and hot stone massage, heaven! My hair salon is Salon Rache in Campbell and they have great people there, my gal's name is Karen Lang. I think I pay about $190 for a full highlight (2-3 colors i think) and a cut...and $150ish for a partial. I get a partial one time then a full the next. Hair is definitely pricey but I think it is in most places? I used to use another girl at SR but she left and recommended me to this gal and she's been great after a few initial color growing pains...hehe. I have used her for 2 years now I think. Lots of people have their hair favorites, hopefully some other bayarea people can chime in. I can also ask my other gf where she gets her hair done, I know she goes to another salon in Campbell.

You should check out Los Gatos too, over near Saratoga, lots of yummy restaurants and fun to walk around during the summer too.

For cool wine places...ummm check out Grapevine in Willow Glen (they have events sometimes) and also there is a wine bar in Campbell on the main street (Campbell Ave) that I can't recall the name of now but somehow I got on their mailing list! They always have events too. I know that there is some restaurant I am blanking out on the name of it in Santana Row (if you have not checked out Santana Row you HAVE to, it's so fun in summer especially but there are a ton of yummy restaurants in there)...it's right next to Pasta Primavera at the end of the strip in Santana...it's a little place, Village Bar maybe? Anyway, they have a wine scene there, I think they have a sommelier and they also have a bunch of infused vodkas that are yummy!! We don't really go out and lounge much, we typically go eat at restaurants and many times they have specialty drinks or great wine lists and we just eat and hang out there. One local place with a cool ambiance is Seven (7) on Alameda...they have a great little bar area with yummy drinks and their food in the restaurant is really great too. It's kind of fun on a weeknight since it's not as crowded. You might want to try 19 over on San Pedro/Market too, it's like Vietnamese fusion and they have really yummy garlic noodles and other dishes like that. We also love The Grill at the Fairmont which is right on Market and right next to it is McCormick and Schmidt for seafood. The Grill is a total favorite of ours...we were just there last week...it's pricey though, and you can sit in the bar (cool lounge scene with big leather booths, just don't go on Thurs because it's 1/2 price app night and PACKED so you can't even sit down) and order from the regular menu if you want. Their burger is awesome, we love their steaks (they also have kobe beef) and their iceberg wedge salad is one of the best I have had. Oh and check out Poor House Bistro over near the HP Pavilion, it's on Montgomery right at San Fernando...they have a hip happening scene on the weekends typically and it's a popular pre-game spot for Sharks fans, but their food is yum! It's creole food and everything is really yummy. I get their salad with popcorn (cornmeal breaded!) shrimp, they have amazing cornbread, gumbo, po boys, pastas, but the crowning glory is their bread pudding...I LOVE IT. I can scarf the whole thing by myself. It's got a caramel sauce on it and it just gets all soaked up by the bread pudding. Divine.

Anyway, I could go on forever about FOOD! In any case, enjoy exploring!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I think we like food as much as you guys do! hehe. And yes we have been to Santana! Love it! I''m glad my fi enjoys shopping as much as I do. You have been such a big help, I can''t wait to try some of these places. I want to go to 7 - we actually looked at those apartments that are right behind 7.

thanks again

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 2:43:01 PM
Author: Mara
where are you in SJ? it''s the 10th largest city in the US now so it''s pretty sprawling!

for my hair i go to campbell which is 10 min or less from SJ depending where you are. it''s in the pruneyard, which if you guys have not already checked out you should, it''s cute with restaurants and shops...i go there for my hair and also sometimes for trader joes which is in that complex (the closest one to us), and also le boulanger which is yummy for fresh bread and sandwiches.
In that area there is a restaurant called "Hick''ry Pit" and I used to work there LOL I have to admit they have THE BEST ribs ever... and their pies are to die for and their cole slaw is unique and the only cole slaw I''ve ever liked. I haven''t worked there in 15 years but I am pretty sure its still there... If Tom is still there tell him Sara says hi LOL!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i don''t know we are pretty partial to Henry''s HiLife ribs...over in downtown SJ!! that place leaves MUCH to be desired in the way of ambiance or even any sort of clean or bright decor but their ribs are darn good. and their garlic bread (when warm) is pretty good too. definitely nothing gourmet in that building but it''s good meat. hehe.

they got rid of a bbq place over right next to the campbell park last year and put up a Marriott residence inn i think, but it was not the hick''ry pit (though i thought for a sec it was)...it was some other rib place like Andy''s Ribs or something. we kept driving by it going to the park going ''oh we have to go there'' then boom it was gone!

asscher, oh yeah we love our food for sure. tomorrow night we are trying this new thai restaurant over in paseo san antonio i think..we walked by it one night when we were going to christmas in the park and it got some sort of best of award like last year or the year before and greg has been wanting to try it...we need a local good thai place so we figure we''ll give it a go.

also best burgers ever known to man?? St. John''s over on lawrence near kifer in sunnyvale...take 101 over to lawrence and make a left at the light. then go down about ... maybe less than a 1/2 mile? it''s on your LEFT when you are driving down lawrence, so get in the left lane, go up to kifer (i think it''s kifer, there is a wells fargo and a 24 hour fitness on the corner to your left) and make a u-turn at the light (so now you are going the other way on lawrence) then turn into the dark complex on your right, you will see st. johns lit up but the rest of the little strip mall area is closed mostly at night. get a burger and the basket of fries (big enough to share for 2-3) and a side of ranch and a beer or soda and that''s all you need. love that place. we might be going there on saturday, we were just saying we might need a burger fix this weekend, hehe. it''s almost the only place i will get a burger (but i do get one at The Grill when we go sometimes!)...!

mmm this is making me hungry...but now it''s time for bed. off to dream ! hehe.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cehra, we definitely love ribs. We actually made some really good ones for Superbowl. My FI loves cole slaw but is really picky about it so we''ll have to check that place out. And thank you Mara, all of those recommendations sound really good! Thank god both FI and I have high metabolisms or we would be s.o.l !!!

Where is Paseo San Antonio? we really like thai food, so please let me know how that place turns out.

How is Valley Fair mall? We haven''t been there yet, just to Santana. Some mall stores that I like are: Bloomies, Nordstrom, Coach, LV, Banana, Club Monaco, etc.

Thanks again

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valley Fair has all the ones you mentioned but Bloomies. For Bloomies you should go to Stanford Mall in Palo Alto. About a 35 minute drive or so on 280. Go in the spring because it''s an outdoor mall and they do these amazing plantings of bulbs in the spring so when the weather is just starting to get nice, all these wonderful plants are blooming, it''s sooooo pretty. And they allow your dogs there too if you have any. It''s always so funny to see people with big dogs in the stores there. Anyway, they also have a Neiman''s there as well as some other stores...aka I think a Fendi? Not sure. But VF is great to live so close to. Before Santana, VF was the big mall out here really...the most popular one besides Stanford anyway. The C&B used to be over at VF before it moved to Santana.

Paseo de San Antonio is over basically right in back of the Fairmont. It''s not really a real street anymore I guess, but the light rail goes down the ''street'', and we can take it from our house instead of driving so we typically do on a Friday. The only way I know how to get to the street is to go on Market right near the Fairmont and walk down the little sidewalk/alley way that is between McCormick & Schmidts and The Grill. It''s about 150ish yards down and then you run into the Paseo de San Antonio. There are a bunch of diff restaurants over there, some chains etc. And this Thai place. I don''t even know the name...but yes I will definitely let you know if we like it. Our fave Thai place so far is in San Mateo (45 min drive) so we need something closer!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara - did you guys go to the Thai restaurant? How was it? We went to Valley Fair but only for Nordstrom''s. I think I''ll go back sometime this week and spend some more time there. The Standford Mall sounds great. I can''t wait to go there in the spring.

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol yes i was just telling my coworker how great the food was! it was called House of Siam and it''s on 2nd street downtown, cross street is San Fernando. you could take the light rail from japantown to the ''paseo de san antonio'' stop and it drops you off literally like 5 feet from the restaurant. the service was a little slow but we were there with friends so we didn''t really care about time...and i had the BEST dish called Waterfall Beef which is basically a flank steak broiled with spices and then mixed with sliced cucumber, carrots, lettuce and mixed all up with a lime juice/chili/vinegar vinaigrette kinda thing, soooo good and very light yet filling from the beef. We also shared a fried prawn dish and Greg got the catfish which he loves. Our friends liked theirs too, pad thai and a curried lamb dish. And their desserts were YUM....they had this new thing called a Bombe which is basically passionfruit and mango sorbets in a big ball and then coated with white chocolate, cooled/hardened in the freezer and then drizzled with raspberry and chocolate sauces. OMG. Divine. So flavorful. We also had the fried banana with ice cream, cherries and fudge dessert to share as well, but it was nowhere as good as the sorbet. We are definitely going there again and I love the beef salad....it would make great takeout for dinner too. Also their coconut milk soup, they have like 3-4 versions of it (tom yun gai?)...Greg had one as a small cup appetizer and it was SUPER yummy with lots of mushrooms. I can''t wait to try other things on the menu next time as well.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the Bay Area! You''ll be available for the next Bay Area Get Together!!!?? Nothing''s planned for now but there are quite a few Blingaholics around here just waiting for the chance to meet up with more of the same!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! that is too funny Mara - guess where we just had lunch? House of Siam! Haha. We were downtown going to Kinkos and we began walking around and looking for lunch and we went there. I didn''t know that was the area you were talking about. I kept thinking it was on the other side of the hotel. I was actually at that Starbucks last week (didn''t like it though- no seating) House of Siam was very good, we were both impressed. And the lunch portions were good sizes. That Bombe dessert sounds good, we will definitely have to go back for dinner sometime and order that.

Thanks Swingirl - we are both so excited to be living here and yes I would love to go to the next get together!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 5:20:39 PM
Author: asscher_girl
OMG!!! that is too funny Mara - guess where we just had lunch? House of Siam! Haha. We were downtown going to Kinkos and we began walking around and looking for lunch and we went there. I didn''t know that was the area you were talking about. I kept thinking it was on the other side of the hotel. I was actually at that Starbucks last week (didn''t like it though- no seating) House of Siam was very good, we were both impressed. And the lunch portions were good sizes. That Bombe dessert sounds good, we will definitely have to go back for dinner sometime and order that.

Thanks Swingirl - we are both so excited to be living here and yes I would love to go to the next get together!
lol that is hilarious!!! yeah it is pretty good...next time we are going to sit on the right side where it seemed like there was more ambiance...we sat on the other side on fri and it was not as ''happening''..and they have live music on fridays too which was fun.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
We sat on the right but just in the regular tables. Did you see that area where you sit on the floor (on the right side?) That looked pretty cool. I wonder if that is just for evenings or private parties?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 1:22:46 AM
haha i don''t know we are pretty partial to Henry''s HiLife ribs...over in downtown SJ!! that place leaves MUCH to be desired in the way of ambiance or even any sort of clean or bright decor but their ribs are darn good. and their garlic bread (when warm) is pretty good too. definitely nothing gourmet in that building but it''s good meat. hehe.

they got rid of a bbq place over right next to the campbell park last year and put up a Marriott residence inn i think, but it was not the hick''ry pit (though i thought for a sec it was)...it was some other rib place like Andy''s Ribs or something. we kept driving by it going to the park going ''oh we have to go there'' then boom it was gone!
mmm this is making me hungry...but now it''s time for bed. off to dream ! hehe.
omg this is making me so nostalgic LOL A fellow waitress and I scoped out that place you''re talking about - it was a tiny little dive right on the... north side of 17 off of... not campbell but the one east of there... they didn''t have as good of ribs as hickry pit. I haven''t worked there for almost 16 years so I can''t vouch for them now but they really were awesome (even if I had to bring that smell home with me every freaking day lol) Their san francisco silk pies were to DIE for as well... and their fresh strawberry pies... (think crust, strawberries, whipped cream) omg I accidentally put my hand straight down into a fresh pie once and darnit if we didn''t have to stick it in the breakroom to munch on ::snap:: LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 10:03:48 AM
Thanks Cehra, we definitely love ribs. We actually made some really good ones for Superbowl. My FI loves cole slaw but is really picky about it so we''ll have to check that place out. And thank you Mara, all of those recommendations sound really good! Thank god both FI and I have high metabolisms or we would be s.o.l !!!
the cole slaw is totally different - it is a honey horseradish sauce (omg I can''t believe I remember this stuff haha) and has no mayo... you might need to think of it as something NOT coleslaw, but it''s very good!

How do you do your ribs? I cook mine all day in a ever-changing mixture that typically includes beer and whatever and then grill them for the last bit to get crispy. soooo tender!!

hickry pit - I know their secret hahaha... they spray their ribs with soy sauce and then smoke them over hickory wood... I have to say they''re very good... I''ve been known to do something similar. The st louis ribs are totally different with 16 herbs and spices or something like that... they''re good but they''re not as good... when last I was there they didn''t have baby back ribs - but if you just order a slab of original ribs to go... omg. next time I''m in california I HAVE TO GET SOME!!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 11:01:18 AM
Valley Fair has all the ones you mentioned but Bloomies.
its so funny.... when I was in high school we hung out at oakridge LOL I bet that place is a total dump now unless they''ve revamped it!! If you take camden to wear it ENDS - that''s where we lived... and back then 85 ended at 17 LOL you HAD to take camden all the way there LOL

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Although I just had lunch those ribs and pies sound soooo good Cehra!

And that cole slaw sounds de-lish!! For the ribs, we just tried this new recipe - we wanted to do one where we would put them on the grill but we just moved to this complex and couldn''t figure out how to use the one that is in the courtyard - I know, we felt pretty stupid at that! haha. Anyway so the one we made was with the crockpot and we slow cooked them for 7 hrs I think. I found the receipe on Food Network -

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34442,00.html

They turned out well and had leftovers and the recipe actually recommends saving some for left over to make bbq pizza so we are so going to make that! We froze the left overs so hopefully we will make that soon. Maybe next time, we''ll try to throw them on the grill to get crispy like you mention, I didn''t really like that they weren''t crispy.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 6:20:55 PM
Although I just had lunch those ribs and pies sound soooo good Cehra!

And that cole slaw sounds de-lish!! For the ribs, we just tried this new recipe - we wanted to do one where we would put them on the grill but we just moved to this complex and couldn''t figure out how to use the one that is in the courtyard - I know, we felt pretty stupid at that! haha. Anyway so the one we made was with the crockpot and we slow cooked them for 7 hrs I think. I found the receipe on Food Network -

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34442,00.html

They turned out well and had leftovers and the recipe actually recommends saving some for left over to make bbq pizza so we are so going to make that! We froze the left overs so hopefully we will make that soon. Maybe next time, we''ll try to throw them on the grill to get crispy like you mention, I didn''t really like that they weren''t crispy.
if I don''t want to cook outside, the broiler works pretty well too! I love how they get crispy but have that all day fallin'' off the bone thing going as well :)

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
oohhhhh the broiler sounds like a great option too! thanks!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara! I got an appointment w/ Karen for my partial high-lights.
9.gif
I need one sooo bad! I can''t wait! They were totally able to squeeze me in too.

My fi and I are really loving SJ by the way. We went to the Improv a couple weeks ago and that was a lot of fun. Los Gatos is great too - love all the shops and restaurants.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh sweet!!! yeah i like karen. she has a really big great dane dog too...if you want to bond, talk about her dog!! hehe. we always spend like an hour talking about our dogs...hehe.

we tried a new restaurant this weekend that was reviewed in sunset mag as a great place to visit when people are in SJ. it's called Paragon and it's on 1st street downtown...near san fernando. it's not NEW as in new..but it was new to us. really cool scene...nice bar vibe with live jazz music on friday nights, and lots of nice nestly tables far enough away from the music to be romantic but still be able to enjoy the tunes. the food was really good, not the BEST EVER but very good and we definitely want to go back, it's like frenchy american brasserie...great dessert!! anyway check it out.

also i read that Picasso's tapas on santa clara also got rave reviews in i think another issue of a mag...we definitely want to try that place out. i think i was there YEARS ago but i don't remember for sure if it was that place. but we love tapas and it's within walking distance so we'll have to get over there soon.

glad to hear you are enjoying the area, there is a lot to do for sure!! esp now that the weather is nicer, soon all the art and wine festivals will start, lots of fun. if you like greek food, check out the greek festival...it's probably in about a month or two. it's about 2 miles from us over near the rosegarden kinda area, so we walk over, eat some greek food, listen to some music and watch some dancing then walk home.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
We will definitely have to check out the tapas place, we love tapas!

Paragon sounds great, there are so many fab places to eat around here

The greek festival sounds fun too. Is the rose garden on Taylor - close to Coleman? Or am I way off? I can''t wait to start exploring the parks. The Guadalope (sp?) Trail looks cool and pretty long too!
I was checking out the website for Japantown the other day and I saw that they have a sake festival in April or May. Have to been to that before? Since we live in JT I thought we would definitely have to check that place out.

Oh and we love b''fast food - we went to Stacks a couple of weekends ago - they had some great pancakes! yum!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ''rosegarden'' area is actually over near naglee and park...over near the rosecrutian egyptian museum (super cool by the way if you like mummies!!)...but it spreads out a few miles either way...the actual rose garden you are thinking of is over on taylor and coleman. i actually used to help the volunteer organization there maintain the garden on taylor/coleman, it used to be entirely volunteer run, not sure if it still is or not. it''s the largest rose garden by number of cultivars in all of america!!

the rosegarden area over near naglee and park also has a rose garden, the municipal rose garden, it''s gated..and dogs aren''t allowed inside. a hugely popular spot for weddings, picnics etc. beautiful houses surround it, really expensive houses! we love walking over there, kinda fun to see all the big huge places.

the greek festival is actually on davis street between alameda and park ave. so if you were on alameda it''s about 1/2 mile from taylor/alameda. so kinda close to there, it''s all kind of close together. hehee.

we are huge breakfast fans too but i have gotten pretty good at making breakfast for us at home and since we love our kitchen, we hardly go out anymore, but when we did we used to go to alie''s corner cafe in campbell, the BEST breakfast, and then they closed it down and put some taqueria in it''s place, such sacrilege. we hear that there is a good place over in willow glen, i think it''s called Bill''s Cafe or something. and sometimes we meet friends at Stacks in Campbell but i''m just really not a chain breakfast restaurant kinda person at all. i can make it much better at home, hehee.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara - I had my hair done by Karen today! And it looks great too!
36.gif
9.gif

She is really sweet, thanks for the recommendation - I''ll definitely be going back again.

Also that is the first time I''ve been to the Pruneyard! It''s really cute. I''ll have to go back again to do some shopping.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results