shape
carat
color
clarity

Just looking for some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopeididok

Rough_Rock
Hey diamond folks. Really great website here, it really helped me a great deal. I just purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend and was hoping to get some opinions on how I did, if possible. Its a marquise brillant cut, 0.7 carat, I color, SI2, Depth - 68%, Table - 60%, Polish/Symmetry - Good, No Flourescene, Girdle- Medium to Very Thick, Culet - None, Length/width ratio - 1.78:1. This is all of the information I have available to me. I checked the chart provided for marquise diamonds on the website and all of the factors graded out from excellent to acceptable. I paid $1450. I tried my best to stay within my budget, while at the same time trying to find a balance as it pertained to the 4 Cs. Any comments you have about my purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hopeididok, thanks for kind words.It seems that you did ok indeed. Congrats! Based on data you gave us price looks very good. Where did you've got such a deal - online or from b&m store?Does your diamond has a grading report?How about bowtie?leonid

hopeididok

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for the speedy reply. You really think I got a good buy? Actually I did buy it online at Ashford. I shopped around both online with reputible dealers (Mondera, BlueNile etc.) and at local jewelers, and I felt that this particular ring was the best I found within my budget. It does come with a GIA certificate and I was able to view the scanned image of the certificate before I bought. It was really hard to tell about the bowtie, just judging from the picture provided. It wasnt noticeable, but I suppose it could be more noticeable upon arrival. Not quite sure about it. Again, thanks for all of your help and any further comments would be appreciated!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,Just look at the diamond when you get it and decide if you think it's beautiful.You can take or send it to an independent appraiser (one who doesn't sell diamonds is best) if you want a second opinion (you need an appraisal if you're going to insure the diamond anyway). You'll want to see if it is eye-clean, how noticable the bowtie is, and if it has any durability issues (any inclusions that could cause future trouble).I believe Ashford has a 30-day money back guarantee so you have time.Let us know what you think about the diamond when you receive it.
smile.gif
lawmax

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a good surprise for me. I thought Ashford is one of the most expensive online diamond vendors. Anyway your price seems quite good. Bowtie is always visible for marquise and oval cuts. Just make sure it is not very dark.Do you plan getting independent professional opinion on it? Appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results