shape
carat
color
clarity

Just how rare......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andysthedaddy

Rough_Rock

Does anyone know the ratio of internally flawless diamonds to non-flawless diamonds?

I''ve just bought a 1CT cushioned Asscher diamond - E, IF - going to give it to my girlfriend on Friday....just realised it will be Friday the 13th though.......
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Andy,
you might try posting your question over in Rocky Talky where the "experts" will see it.

I would love to see some pics of the ring though...sounds lovely
1.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''d also like to see the ring. As far as Friday the 13 goes, my parents met on Friday the 13th. They''ve been happily married for 46 years. Best wishes.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
My sister and brother-in-law''s first date (blind!) was on a Friday the 13th. I''d go for it! And I''m dying to see that rock! Not sure exactly what a "cushioned" asscher is? E and IF??!! Whoa.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2005 7:48
6.gif
3 AM
Author:andysthedaddy

Does anyone know the ratio of internally flawless diamonds to non-flawless diamonds?

I''ve just bought a 1CT cushioned Asscher diamond - E, IF - going to give it to my girlfriend on Friday....just realised it will be Friday the 13th though.......
23.gif

Here''s another take on the whole "Friday the 13th" superstition that I think if VERY interesting-and VERY appropriate for a proposal!

"sources suggest the number 13 was purposely vilified by the founders of patriarchal religions in the early days of western civilization because it represented femininity. Thirteen had been revered in prehistoric goddess-worshiping cultures, allegedly, because it corresponded to the number of lunar (menstrual) cycles in a year (13 x 28 = 364 days). The "Earth Mother of Laussel," for example, a 27,000-year-old carving found near the Lascaux caves in France often cited as an icon of matriarchal spirituality, depicts a female figure holding a cresent-shaped horn bearing 13 notches."

"The name "Friday" came from a Norse deity worshipped on the sixth day, known either as Frigg (goddess of marriage and fertility), or Freya (goddess of sex and fertility), or both, the two figures having become intertwined in the handing-down of myths over time (the etymology of "Friday" has been given both ways). Frigg/Freya corresponded to Venus, the goddess of love of the Romans, who named the sixth day of the week in her honor "dies Veneris". Friday was actually considered quite lucky by pre-Christian Teutonic peoples, we are told — especially as a day to get married — because of its traditional association with love and fertility."

IMO-Ask away and GOOD luck!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
We''re planning to get married Oct 13, 2006- that''s Friday the 13th and that''s just perfect for a horror writer and his sweetie!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Friday is my 16th anniversary. True it was a Saturday the year we got married, but we've always thought of the number 13 as lucky.
BTW our first child was born on Halloween.
2.gif

andysthedaddy

Rough_Rock
Well thanks everyone for your advice - I''m going to stick with Friday 13th which, from now on, I''m going to think of as a lucky day
1.gif

I''ll post some pictures after the weekend

Thanks again
Andy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good luck and can''t wait to see the ring!! I think of the 13th as a lucky day, we were married on the 13th. It was a Saturday and I remember thinkinng do I really want this date, but it was the most beautiful day and 19 years later it''s all good!!

andysthedaddy

Rough_Rock
Forgot to post a message last week, but for those who gave advice........

I did propose on Friday 13th and........
she said Yes :)

I''ll try and get a picture of the ring posted soon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Can''t wait to see the ring.
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
friday is the 27th??????????????????????am i missing something

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 10:03:54 AM
Author: windowshopper
friday is the 27th??????????????????????am i missing something
he proposed already....on friday the 13th
2.gif

congrats andysthedaddy!! can''t wait to see that ring!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results