shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got this spinel!

kt

Shiny_Rock
So I just bought this off a cutter on etsy - it's a precision cut, pink/orange/peach spinel, 2.13 ct, 9 x 6.7mm cushion. (the second shot is in daylight)

I realize I just got a darker pink one off Litnon, but i'm hoping this one is a more delicate, almost-pad-pink-orange shade (but not TOO orange). it's described as "a very unusual pinkish orange color." We'll see! If I love the color then I may try my first halo setting....I've read from other posts that a halo might bring the color out more as it will enclose the stone more. Rose gold perhaps?

The seller has a return policy but it'll be a pain to have to pack it up and ship it back so I hope I love it!

peach pink spinel.jpg

peach pink spinel 2.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be interesting to look at the "live" stone. The photo looks very nice.

People here know much better about halos and other settings; there are halos and halos, though. My halo setting totally ruined the performance of excellent sapphire from Jeff White. I have to take it out and reset now. I would to seek Chrono's advise when it comes to types of settings. She has this amazing intuition and feels which kind of setting would be best for the stone.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it will be a very pretty stone! Can't wait to see IRL pics once you receive it.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I will definitely take my own photos when I get it...and hopefully Chrono will jump in with some thoughts on a setting. I'm not really into the Legacy look - i think they are beautiful but I don't see myself wearing one every day in my conservative office setting - I was thinking of something a bit more delicate, but with the band not too thin. Definitely not too blingy. All my rectangles have been East/West set, so I'm thinking this one should be North/South. Ooh, can't wait to see what it is like IRL! :cheeky:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the shape and colour combination: I can see why you were drawn to it :twirl: Looking forward to in-hand photos!

I'd love to see it in a clean East-West fancy prong setting, personally, but I'm not a big one for halos. (ETA: I see you have lots of E-W, so yeah, N-S is much more sensible ;-) )

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel shows good promise of being a pretty stone in person. As the tone appears to be light to medium light, it is a good candidate for a more enclosed setting, probably in yellow gold. A simple halo or even semi bezel isn't going to dampen the sparkle or overly darken it. Given the dimensions of the spinel, it'll be lovely set N/S with sidestones or split shank if you have long fingers.

chrissy0116

Rough_Rock
Gosh, that is gorgeous - I am looking for that color as well, thought I had it a couple of weeks ago - the photos showed terrific, but IRL it was too topaz-y in most types of light. I will cross my fingers for you, as that stone and color look fantastic!

kt

Shiny_Rock
Chrono - do you think a pink gold setting would make the stone more pink and "hide" the orange? I like the idea of a rose gold ring as I don't have one yet but I also down want to drown out the orange/pink balance (if there is a good balance).

I think this may be a job for DanielM on Etsy! But must save up my pennies first given I am thinking of also making my pink spinel antique-looking ring. I just got the pink spinel for that today from Litnon and it's GORGEOUS - very bright, saturated stone - but need some opinions if you think it'll look good in the setting I picked so will post that stone later! :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say - rose gold may end up bring out more of the orange than expected. Best to see what the postman brings home first.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the color! I love peach-colored stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results