shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got this from a diamond info site....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davisc02

Rough_Rock
Is this true? I always thought it was the cut that was the most important thing for fire.

"I have seen a lot of sites telling you the exact cut of a stone showing all the dimensions and ideal cut perfect cut best cut and then you get a set of new cuts coming out that are meant to give more fire. The amount of inclusions in a stone affects the fire more than the cut. The colour effects the colour of light coming out of the diamond I and above I describe as a white fire diamond because of the colour you will see.( Main Lab reports for colour EGL )"

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
It's the cut. Not how many facets, but the way each facet is crafted.

win

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What's the site? Maybe some experts can answer this post instead of just opinionated amatuers like me
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/13/2003 12:36:30 PM davisc02 wrote:

Is this true? I always thought it was the cut that was the most important thing for fire.

'I have seen a lot of sites telling you the exact cut of a stone showing all the dimensions and ideal cut perfect cut best cut and then you get a set of new cuts coming out that are meant to give more fire. The amount of inclusions in a stone affects the fire more than the cut. The colour effects the colour of light coming out of the diamond I and above I describe as a white fire diamond because of the colour you will see.( Main Lab reports for colour EGL )'
----------------

True, however, it takes an I clarity grade to have inclusions obstructing light and a dark color to have colour obstruct or tint or reflected (refracted)light. The above considerationg should be just a moot point for anything from IF to SI2 and from D to M (and beyond). So, I hope that website was about fancy colors and champagne diamonds! Just my take...
2.gif

However, the comment does rise a good question: is there a top limit for how much light can a diamond prism return to the viewer (even if not cut in a warable way, or traditional way). Maybe this will make good Christmas fun to calibrate...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results