shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my ring-do you think it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Do you think it's set too low?

I'm not sure if it is or if I'm just not used to such a low set ring
confused.gif
? Do you think it would look better if the centerstone is set a tad bit higher. It's hard to see in the pics but the centerstone is only about 1mm from the bottom of the setting- its almost the same height as the sidestones.

thanks for all your opinions
1.gif

bht122

Rough_Rock
pic #1

rprofiles.jpg

bht122

Rough_Rock
pic #2

rprofile2.jpg

bht122

Rough_Rock
last one

rprofile.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Personally, i think it looks great. It will probably catch less on things like sweaters and the like than a stone that is set higher. But, I prefer three stones when all of the stones are more flush with one another (the way yours is).

I think it is all just a matter of personal opinion. How long have you had the ring for? a very short time? If so, you will most likely get used to it...if not, and it still bothers you, see about getting the center stone raised. The only opinion that matters is yours - it is your ring, and you are the one wearing it.

It is a beautiful ring. Have you posted other photos of it? I would love to see a picture of the stones from the top.

Congratulations!
appl.gif

-PG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is lovely set the way it is...I am actually looking to set my ring exactly like that, but instead of round (as I assume they are), I will hope to get radiant cut stones. That is a lovely ring, but setting the sidestones may detract from the actual center stone, in my opinion. I think the center stone should steal the show and the side stones should compliment, but again, that is just my opinion. I love the ring, it's very very elegant, and better than the high 4/6 prong tiffany style I ALWAYS see... and the 8 people who have that ring all 7 hate the snagging it causes... Enjoy it and congrats!!!

bht122

Rough_Rock
I don't have any top pics yet.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about it and I do think the centerstone should be higher to highlight it better. I wonder how long it'll take to fix?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting.
If you dont mind me asking can you tell me where you found it?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I like how the center stone looks like the Royal Crown setting and the side stones look like a basket setting. I'd also like to see a shot from the top and maybe a side shot that's not so close up? I could probably get a better perspective if I could see it from a little further back.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Hi
1.gif

It's a Vatche setting that I got from Whiteflash. It's not on their website yet though, at least, not the last time I checked.

I'll try to post more pics tomorrow.

thanks!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Who set the stones? Was it Vatche, Whiteflash or someone local? I think that I have gotten used to seeing the center stone a bit higher in most Vatche settings, but I have also seen otehr three stone rings set at the same level as yours, and they looked really nice. I really don't think that the prongs will 'fix' right, but I guess you could give it a try if it is driving you crazy.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Many three-stone rings that I've seen are done in this way--the stones being almost level. I think that it's not uncommon. Furthermore, this is a really lovely setting that I've never seen before. It's beautiful. I could understand your concern if you were looking for a three stone look where the side stones are more like shoulder stones, but I have a pretty good idea that this is not the case since you picked this design in the first place, and that even in a website picture or something there is no way that this setting would have that effect.

In short, it's lovely. Don't worry about it! And congratulations.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Hi again
1.gif

Caratgirl,
It was set at Vatche.

I just wanted to clarify that I do not blame WF in any way. In fact, it has been a pleasure to work with them. I received gorgeous, beautiful stones at a wonderful price--plus, with great customer service. I would completely recommend Whiteflash to anyone.

I tried on this setting at EE Robbins before purchasing it through WF. The setting model there was definitely set higher than my ring so that is what I was expecting. I just assumed that that was the standard setting height. If I had known that there were different setting heights, etc. for this setting- I would have given instructions on how to set it.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/22/2004 4:49:06 PM bht122 wrote:

Hi again
1.gif

Caratgirl,
It was set at Vatche.

I just wanted to clarify that I do not blame WF in any way. In fact, it has been a pleasure to work with them. I received gorgeous, beautiful stones at a wonderful price--plus, with great customer service. I would completely recommend Whiteflash to anyone.

I tried on this setting at EE Robbins before purchasing it through WF. The setting model there was definitely set higher than my ring so that is what I was expecting. I just assumed that that was the standard setting height. If I had known that there were different setting heights, etc. for this setting- I would have given instructions on how to set it.

----------------

Actually, that is the best possible news (that Vatche set it). Why don't you send Vatche an e-mail with these photos as an attachment, and ask them if this is the typical way that they set this particular ring style. If they say no, maybe you have recourse - they may reset into a new setting at no charge. If this is the way they set this style, then you can find out what it would take to alter the prongs so that the center stone would sit higher. They can't kill you for asking, so go for it!
10.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
When I had my original Ering re-done/set, I wanted specifically a lower-set stone in the center...and I've seen many rings with lower/even set stones,a sothers have noted...

That being said, YOU have to live with it and be happy--it's too important a purchase to not feel 100% great about it...Wear it for a few days and see how you feel...look at other rings...and then make your decison.

I would alos like to see, as Patty noted, some more shots from face on and on your hand, maybe with a little distance...

Good luck--in any event, it is a beautiful ring with beautiful diamonds.
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!!!!!!! Its gorgeous...i love it the way it is, but its your ring, your preference on how you want it to look. I PMed you too..
appl.gif
loopy.gif

godiva

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful. It looks like this Veragio ring that I have my eyes on. The Veragio ring did have a slightly bigger center stone so it doesn't look like a three stone ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results